Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bed primary teaching

Options
  • 18-03-2009 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Well seeing as Mary I college dont have a forum here I decided to post here, Im in 5th year and thinking about becoming a primary school teacher, so can anyone give me any information on this course (is it interesting?). Also how is the social life in Mary I?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Can people please use the search function on Boards, and try to find out information on questions that are more than likely already answered...

Check this link out http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055359066&highlight=mary+I+primary+teaching

Should have some good answers there...

Read it, and if you have additional questions, we will be more than willing to help as best we can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Isn't FastMover one of them teachery types??? Maybe even qualified at this stage?? Hopefully she'll get a burning sensation in her ears and come to Cian's aid for additional info....Welcome to the UL boards BTW.....we're not all as scary as Mossin, he's just a neat freak :p

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Sorry about that, I really should have looked for a previous thread...
    So if anyone does have any information feel free to post.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

ninty9er wrote: »
    Isn't FastMover one of them teachery types???
    Hmmm..Don't know whether to take offense to that statement or not?!
    Maybe even qualified at this stage??
    Yes, apparently so!
    Hopefully she'll get a burning sensation in her ears and come to Cian's aid for additional info....
    *ouch my ears!*

Cian..I graduated from Mary I last year. If you ask me specific questions I'll be happy to answer them. Hate the general 'tell me all about it' as I don't know what to say!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Cool,
    Is it an interesting course?
    Whats the workload like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

BTW FM don't take offence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I switch off 'teachery' mode from the hours of 2.30pm to 8.30am => allowed to make mistakes! Now whhhhhist!

Interesting course....Eh what course is interesting when you've exams in it at end!?
    The three years are made up of the following (iirc!)

1st Year:
    -Education subjects: irish, english, maths, sese, pe, music, sphe, drama, art.
    -Arts subjects: In first year you study three Arts subjects. Irish is compulsory so you must pick two others. (You must then pick any one of those three then to carry on in 2nd/3rd year.)
    -Middle TP

2nd year:
    -Education subjects: irish, english, maths, sese, pe, music, sphe, drama, art.
    -Your Arts subject.
    -Philosophy of Ed, Psychology of Ed, Developmental Ed, Sociology of Ed.
    -Gaeilge Ghairmiuil
    -Infant TP.

3rd year:
    -Senior TP.
    -Home TP
    -A.E.E (alternative education experience)
    -Your Arts subject
    -Philosophy of Ed, History of Ed, Psychology of Ed, Developmental Ed, Sociology of Ed.
    -Gaeilge Ghairmiuil
    -Your Pedagogical Option.

Workload ok..you'll always have something to be doing/due. Sure there were people who were stressed out all the time, but then you've others who were relaxed/took it all in their stride.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm in 2nd Year in Mary I at the moment, if you wish to find out anything else :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 roverm

the night life is what u make it yourself as there is UL and LIT also going out in the city, which means most pubs/clubs are student based during the week.
    on another note i hear mary I has a ratio of one guy to seven girls- besta luck with dat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

gf is doing it. workload is huge. 7-1 girl/guy ratio sounds right - so be prepared for lots of gossip, bitching and talking about inane sh!T. Do IT or engineering to reverse that ratio, so you can talk about computer games and sport instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

pwd wrote: »
    gf is doing it. workload is huge. 7-1 girl/guy ratio sounds right - so be prepared for lots of gossip, bitching and talking about inane sh!T. Do IT or engineering to reverse that ratio, so you can talk about computer games and sport instead.

Plenty of the girls are interested in sports as well ;)

Advertisement