Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

awww *hugs* for SP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

emo!! wrote: »
    awww *hugs* for SP

Thanks - i'm sorry i really shouldn't be complaining. Just makes me seem self centred or a drama queen when I don't mean it that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Falling out with friends is ghey. I have some I haven't spoken to in months. Didn't really fall out with them, we just sort of stopped talking to each other.

I also wish I was more friendly with people on my course, but can't seem to get past just saying "how's it going?". I'd really like to get to know more people better but I'm just really bad at that.
    The gheyest thing is that my four best friends are two couples, and being with them when I have no-one makes me feel like **** a lot of the time. :(

Enough about me though, hope you feel better SP. Oh and I think everyone has had a time in their lives where they want to fall asleep and not wake up. Happens to me every second week or so.

star-pants wrote: »
    Thanks - i'm sorry i really shouldn't be complaining. Just makes me seem self centred or a drama queen when I don't mean it that way.

aww you dont come across like that at all *hugs* .. what your going through is hard*hugs* and i know it sounds like cliche ,but time is a great healer:)

*hugs*
    Falling out with friends is ghey. I have some I haven't spoken to in months. Didn't really fall out with them, we just sort of stopped talking to each other.

I also wish I was more friendly with people on my course, but can't seem to get past just saying "how's it going?". I'd really like to get to know more people better but I'm just really bad at that.
    The gheyest thing is that my four best friends are two couples, and being with them when I have no-one makes me feel like **** a lot of the time. :(

Enough about me though, hope you feel better SP. Oh and I think everyone has had a time in their lives where they want to fall asleep and not wake up. Happens to me every second week or so.

people tend to move on or drift apart it sucks :(

it is gay about your four best friends. i kinda went through the same thing, maybe tell them how you feel.cause thing is they prolly dont notice

and small steps at getting to know people, start with a smile and a hi :)

*hugs*

emo!! wrote: »
    people tend to move on or drift apart it sucks :(

it is gay about your four best friends. i kinda went through the same thing, maybe tell them how you feel.cause thing is they prolly dont notice

and small steps at getting to know people, start with a smile and a hi :)

*hugs*

Thanks for that. :)

In fairness to my friends, they don't act overly coupley when they're around me. Even if they did, I wouldn't want them to feel like they can't be themselves just because I'm around. I'm the one with the problem, not them.

As for getting to know people, I can do the smile and the hi, it's the next step I can't seem to master. All the friends I have now are people who have made the effort to get to know me, as opposed to me making the effort to know them. Either I'm just too shy or I'm just an unfriendly bastard! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Falling out with friends is ghey. I have some I haven't spoken to in months. Didn't really fall out with them, we just sort of stopped talking to each other
    think thats bad? Most of my old friends i Havent seen in up to 8 years, we were a large group that stuck together then started to drift apart, as most moved out of the area and i'm the only one left:P doesnt matter now as i've made some new friends over the years:) My little rant for today involves me playing a hurling match this evening, and busting 2 knuckles on one finger...grrrr it sucks, especially as its my good hand too:mad:i can barely tie my laces now

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds silly, but I ended up getting into a huge row with my mum this morning... over religion. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Sounds silly, but I ended up getting into a huge row with my mum this morning... over religion. *sigh*
    It's worth it over bacon:D

/turns on serious mode

Look we all have fights over stupid things . Don't beat yourself up about it , it will be forgotten tomorrow .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Same here, my Mum got upset because I declined the offer of going to the Stations this morning. I think she's only beginning to realise that I don't have faith anymore. What makes it especially hard for her is that I always had strong faith, and I was the one child of hers that shared her religious convictions. I feel really ****ty right now.

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Same here, my Mum got upset because I declined the offer of going to the Stations this morning. I think she's only beginning to realise that I don't have faith anymore. What makes it especially hard for her is that I always had strong faith, and I was the one child of hers that shared her religious convictions. I feel really ****ty right now.

My mum's known for about 12-13 years that I'm an atheist. She's never said much of anything about my lack of beliefs before, but she started freaking out when I went to make a cheese and ham toasted sandwich for my lunch. The usual "You shouldn't be eating that, it's Good Friday" ****e. Of course, I answered her back, she's now giving me the silent treatment and I can practically guarantee that she's going to try for a Serious Chat tomorrow, that's very much her style.

*sigh* Parents...

• Advertisement

Ah don't worry rainbow kirby - Jesus is coming back Sunday and your mam will be so happy that she'll forget she's mad at you! :)

My Granny used always ask me constantly if I went to Mass and if I was saying prayers. Since she's been living with us for the last 6 months I think I went to mass once (Christmas Day) and surprisingly she hasn't said anything to me about it.

I'm sure she gives out about me to my parents though! :pac:

my mam made ham pizza last night :(

but seriously we all have those row with the auld mother, the serous chat , just listen through it, and it will be all forgotten within an hour of that..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My mum's known for about 12-13 years that I'm an atheist. She's never said much of anything about my lack of beliefs before, but she started freaking out when I went to make a cheese and ham toasted sandwich for my lunch. The usual "You shouldn't be eating that, it's Good Friday" ****e. Of course, I answered her back, she's now giving me the silent treatment and I can practically guarantee that she's going to try for a Serious Chat tomorrow, that's very much her style.

*sigh* Parents...

Indeed, I guess we have to take the good with the bad when we are living under their roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Its true, we HAVE all had that argument at least once. Especially when i laugh hard at the religious jokes in south park, or at jesus on family guy, my mam always saying "oh thats terrible"...then manages to let out a giggle:D Sure my family keep asking me if i want burgers or even chipper food, and i've been veggie about a year and a half now:P

Sucks having to remind them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I went to a nightclub last night. I remember why I don't go to niteclubs :mad:

Oh do tell

No

:rolleyes:

You really gotta get that eye rolling thing seen to. Can't be healthy for ya!

Must admit though, South Dublin niteclubs have some absolutely cracking women in them! Lots of clones though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You come home, and like, only person online's the only person you can't talk to. And like, you're just wondering what the funk the deal is. Why they so weird bout everything.

And yay, beer. Makes everything not matter. Like silly sentences that make no sense. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You come home, and like, only person online's the only person you can't talk to. And like, you're just wondering what the funk the deal is. Why they so weird bout everything.

Im not taht bad am i?

There;s now three people on msn. The point remains the same.

Eveni if it's so nbadly articulated it doens;t make sense.

I do sort of understand joe. When there''s only one person you want to talk to , but they're the one person you can't. Tis ghey.

In the grim light of the morn, you really do wonder why people fall out over the slightest of things. Waste of a good friendship.

But ah well, such is life. No point letting it get you down.

This is true, sometimes friendships fall out over silly things. When one or both sides won't compromise. Their loss though hun.
    Also ghey when relationships fall out over small things too.

Just a bit. ><

Aye BOOOUURNNS to sadness I say. BOOOOOOOOURNS.

Happy Easter btw

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye BOOOUURNNS to sadness I say. BOOOOOOOOURNS.

Happy Easter btw

Yeah, sadness is lame. Happy Easter to all. :p

Happy Spring Chocolate Festival to all :)

Whine for today: I got up 2 hours too late for a rasher sandwich. Now there are no rashers left at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Miss_lady

my little rant ladies and gents is how head wrecking not knowing where you stand with certain ppl can be.... UGH! why cant everything just be clear and open and not all screwed up by mystery????

Advertisement