Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Oh, one of those deals. Been there, done that, poured the concrete

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Why, what's wrong with you?

I lost a great friend late last year. I'm trying to fix the friendship, but it's one sided. I should have cut this person out a long time ago, but I'm too much of a caring bastard. :pac:

That sucks! :( Losing friends is tough regardless of circumstances.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That sucks! :( Losing friends is tough regardless of circumstances.

It does alright. :( It's kind of like a bereavement in some respects. Dunno how i've managed over the last 6 months tbh. Kind of just toughed it out, but it's starting to catch up with me.

Got him to the ground but the squirmy shìt got away and ran off.

Hope someone settles him down, the prick >:(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Are you okay?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

people like that should be beaten silly

Are you okay?

Ha, yeah. Thanks gf.
    He was running off and sort of hit straight into me. We got in a tangle and I tried to keep him down but not easy to keep a shirtless bloke down.

The lad who took the hit wasn't impressed, big guy too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

*sigh*

Could go out tonight with some mates... but... too poor :(

*is depressed*

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I hear that, sol :(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Moving out of my apartment. Have to get carpets cleaned. Ask for a rough quote, between 85 - 100.
    Guy arrives. Grand. Can't find parking. Disappears for a bit. Tells me as I'm leaving that it's an extra 50 because he has to park far away and has to haul gear (even though he unloaded the gear while the van was parked outside.) I'm in a rush for work, say I'll sort it.
    Total bill is now apparently €195.
    Have been onto the company office about 4 times. Keep coming back with "he couldn't find a space, he had to drive around for an hour.", yet he quoted me €50 extra before he'd even looked.
    It did eventually take him an hour to find a parking space, but there are loads of parking spots about and the company knew for weeks where the apartment was located.
    So far I haven't paid it, but I'm a bit of a soft touch when it comes to such things. Annoying. Understand that the guy just spent an hour looking for parking, but why wasn't it mentioned at any stage.
    I 100% would not have booked them for that price. :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

What exactly did they quote you for? At any time, prior to the guy arriving, did they mention anything about being charged for time it will take?

trowelled wrote: »
    What exactly did they quote you for? At any time, prior to the guy arriving, did they mention anything about being charged for time it will take?

Quote for the cleaning. Totes.

Only mentioned extra when I was leaving for work.

Got onto Consumer Rights peeps, they said not to pay.

few, you got scammed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Did you sign anything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Moving out of my apartment. Have to get carpets cleaned. Ask for a rough quote, between 85 - 100.
    Guy arrives. Grand. Can't find parking. Disappears for a bit. Tells me as I'm leaving that it's an extra 50 because he has to park far away and has to haul gear (even though he unloaded the gear while the van was parked outside.) I'm in a rush for work, say I'll sort it.
    Total bill is now apparently €195.
    Have been onto the company office about 4 times. Keep coming back with "he couldn't find a space, he had to drive around for an hour.", yet he quoted me €50 extra before he'd even looked.
    It did eventually take him an hour to find a parking space, but there are loads of parking spots about and the company knew for weeks where the apartment was located.
    So far I haven't paid it, but I'm a bit of a soft touch when it comes to such things. Annoying. Understand that the guy just spent an hour looking for parking, but why wasn't it mentioned at any stage.
    I 100% would not have booked them for that price. :mad::mad::mad:

What a load of horse****,surely its not your problem if he couldn't find a parking place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭lil'bug

I got rejected for a loan last week :(
    I want to get a car and fix my roof
    I know there is worse things going on in the world at the moment but it just bummed me out.
    I've got an appeal going through for Monday but I'm not holding out much hope

What a load of horse****,surely its not your problem if he couldn't find a parking place?

True true. Got in touch with the National Consumer Agency, had a quick chat, then fired off a very official sounding email to the company, stating I refused to pay the extra charge and I was aware of my rights and consumer laws.

Viva la victory!
    lil'bug wrote: »
    I got rejected for a loan last week :(
    I want to get a car and fix my roof
    I know there is worse things going on in the world at the moment but it just bummed me out.
    I've got an appeal going through for Monday but I'm not holding out much hope

Aww that sucks. Have you tried somewhere like your local credit union? I'd say appeal it to the Credit Review Office, but I think that may be for small business. If the appeal doesn't work, maybe they're doing you a favour... it's pretty dangerous but all too easy to extend yourself these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Having a career :(

I have 10 months left where I am, and this December I'll be applying to colleges in Dublin, Belfast and the UK for a course I desperately want and have a good chance of getting into. It just feels so long away!

I'm not loving my current position, and this wasn't helped by my supervisor making me feel about 2cm tall today. He wasn't being mean or malicious or anything, it's just that his manner can lack any kind of social graces whatsoever.

I bought myself cookies in M&S to cheer myself up, and there's a real danger I'll eat them all in the next 2 hours. One down so far!

jokettle wrote: »
    Having a career :(

I have 10 months left where I am, and this December I'll be applying to colleges in Dublin, Belfast and the UK for a course I desperately want and have a good chance of getting into. It just feels so long away!

I'm not loving my current position, and this wasn't helped by my supervisor making me feel about 2cm tall today. He wasn't being mean or malicious or anything, it's just that his manner can lack any kind of social graces whatsoever.

I bought myself cookies in M&S to cheer myself up, and there's a real danger I'll eat them all in the next 2 hours. One down so far!

Having a career > not having a career :)

And that's not to say you should be content because you have a job, but you've got talent coming out of your eyeballs, it's only a few more months til you'll be happier elsewhere, and soon you'll be the double doctor making people feel tiny :P

I had a similar situation, where my boss just made everything unpleasant, but I realised that it was a real no pain no gain situation. The money didn't so much worry me, but the experience was vital. Stick it out, enjoy bitching sessions with colleagues in a similar situation. Even better, enjoy bitching sessions with M&S cookies and tea! Hooray!

I think I phrased that first sentence wrong; I meant having a career-related sad! It looks weird now I think about it :o

Meh, just one of those days I guess. It just feels as though those days are becoming more frequent. Perhaps that's not too unusual in the last stages of these things.

Maybe I'll watch Die Hard again; that cheered me right up yesterday :)

• Advertisement

I think I phrased that first sentence wrong; I meant having a career-related sad! It looks weird now I think about it :o

Meh, just one of those days I guess. It just feels as though those days are becoming more frequent. Perhaps that's not too unusual in the last stages of these things.

Maybe I'll watch Die Hard again; that cheered me right up yesterday :)

No wonder you keep saying "I'm too old for this ****"...

... and as I type I realise that's Lethal Weapon, but, um, if you can suffer Die Hard 4.0 I think my statement still stands :D

Never managed to watch Die Hard 4.0 :eek: But you've reminded me to put Lethal Weapon on my List of Movies To Make The Boyfriend Watch. I think he spent his childhood outdoors or something, he's seen none of the classics.

Never managed to watch Die Hard 4.0 :eek: But you've reminded me to put Lethal Weapon on my List of Movies To Make The Boyfriend Watch. I think he spent his childhood outdoors or something, he's seen none of the classics.

DON'T WATCH DIE HARD 4.0 !!!

It ruins a great series! If I could erase it from my memory I would.

He hasn't seen Lethal Weapon? What's he been doing around Christmas time for the last 10 or so years?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

hug_4.gif

MaltesersRex460.jpg

cheer up guys !!

He hasn't seen Lethal Weapon? What's he been doing around Christmas time for the last 10 or so years?!

He hasn't seen Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters....I could go on but I may cry. My mission is to have as many movie nights as possible to make up for this atrocity.

New work moan: supervisor came into the office today for an update, and his manner was so rude/impatient that the postdoc and consultant who share the office felt the need to check if I was ok after he had left. I was fine, but at least I'm not the only one who thinks he's being unreasonable!

Then there was the 2 and a half hour meeting that lasted until 6:30. I didn't get lunch today and I'm only home now. I'm hungry. Moan whinge bitch.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Poor jo! :(

Ah, tis ok. I have food in my belly, wine in the glass and leftover cookies about to be in my mouth. Could be worse :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

He hasn't seen Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Ghostbusters....

That's a dumpable offence! :p

I have to go on a work trip abroad for 2-3 days which sounds nice in theory except I am going with colleagues I can't stand. :mad:

Maguined wrote: »
    That's a dumpable offence! :p

I have to go on a work trip abroad for 2-3 days which sounds nice in theory except I am going with colleagues I can't stand. :mad:

Bring a good book :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Bring a good book :D

And beat them to death with it?

Update, my flight out is leaving at 6am.:mad:

Advertisement