Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Cos I miss people... And cos sometimes life is sucky... And sometimes doggy cuddles just aren't enough! :(

I don't even have a doggy :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I hate airlines !!!!

A processing timeout on SAS's website meant flights went from ~60e each way to ~1200e each way!!!

christ thats a big difference :O

An old friend committed suicide yesterday. So bizarre, the night before they were casually commenting on my FB status, now they're no more. Quite shocked. No idea why I'm here, but it's easy to fall back into routine when you don't know what else to do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Fewcifur wrote: »
    An old friend committed suicide yesterday. So bizarre, the night before they were casually commenting on my FB status, now they're no more. Quite shocked. No idea why I'm here, but it's easy to fall back into routine when you don't know what else to do.
    Sorry to hear that Fewcifur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Oh Few how terrible. *hugs* I think those things are more than we can grasp sometimes. I am so sorry. *more hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

So sorry to hear that Few! *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Really sorry to hear that Few. Hope you're ok. *hugs* You know where I am if you need to talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Sorry to hear bout your friend Few, its always hard to know what's going on in peoples heads, even once you are close to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Jesus fewfew, that's horrible. Im so sorry!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Poor Few :( Makes my problems seem banal in comparison! :o

Speaking of which, I think I'm losing the battle :( Out of all the different types of tablets I had to take just now only the Solpadeine capsules scored a try; the rest are all lodged in the ruins of my throat :( Unless its second time lucky at the doctors I'll have to roll the dice and see if the hospital can fix me with intravenous drugs and nourishment before I catch complimentary MRSA, which in my current state will most likely kill me. Needless to say, I am now fairly ****ting myself :eek:

Funny how we all take the ability to ingest for granted. I never will again. Not after this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Jezus, I came in here to complain about my job....

Hope you're okay Few.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Jesus Few, only saw this now. Hope you are ok. Unfortunately i know only too well how you are feeling :(

Solitaire, are you ok? Hugs to you too x x

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Its been a week. I'm fine now. But some things don't heal that quickly... poor Few :(

I need a rant...

I don't know if I posted in here about a very close family friend who was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer about 3 months ago.... Anyway, she's been undergoing chemo for the last while, and it seemed to be going well (well, as well as going through chemo can go) and we were kinda getting our hopes up that maybe the miracle she so deserved was gonna happen and she'd pull through....

I just got home from college there and my mam tells me that she's been moved from the hospital to the hospice as her kidneys are failing and she's basically living on borrowed time.

Im devastated. This woman is like a second mother to me, you'd you'd never, ever meet a nicer, more genuine person than her. The fact that she's going to lose her life to such a nasty, vicious disease makes me so angry. Bad things shouldn't happen to good people.

:(

I am so sorry to hear that CC. There's not really anything I can say but we're all here if you need to talk. *massive hugs*

Thanks FC, just needed to get it off my chest really

Thanks FC, just needed to get it off my chest really

That's understandable. *more hugs* Feel free to PM at any stage if you do want to talk. (I've been there on the losing family members front.)

We're not blood related, but she's been there for as long as i can remember. Ugh, if only i had a magic wand :(

We're not blood related, but she's been there for as long as i can remember. Ugh, if only i had a magic wand :(

Doesn't matter if you're not blood related. There's more to family than that. It's still tough to lose someone you love.

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter if you're not blood related. There's more to family than that. It's still tough to lose someone you love.

Very much so. I was trying really hard not to get my hopes up about her making a full recovery, but I just didn't want to think of the alternative. It's proving very difficult to wrap my head around, even though in the back of my mind I knew it was coming

Very much so. I was trying really hard not to get my hopes up about her making a full recovery, but I just didn't want to think of the alternative. It's proving very difficult to wrap my head around, even though in the back of my mind I knew it was coming

It's understandable that you wouldn't want to think of an alternative to her getting better. It must be so tough to come to terms with.

It's understandable that you wouldn't want to think of an alternative to her getting better. It must be so tough to come to terms with.

It is. I'm supposed to be going to see her in the next few days but im in 2 minds about whether to go. Part of me really wants to go because..well, there wont be too many more opportunities, but another part is terrified that when i see her ill get very upset. The last thing she needs to be doing is comforting me right now! (Although that's exactly what she'll do!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I'm really sorry to hear that CC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I remember you mentioned her before CC, sorry to hear the news is not going to turn out good :(

I'd advise you to definitely go see her while you still have the chance. It may make you upset but I'm sure she would love to see you. She needs to be surrounded by people who love her, you can help with that :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

You need to go CC. I didn't visit my grandmother enough when she was in hospital and she's gone now. I'll never stop regretting that.

God, I know, I'd never forgive myself if I didn't go and something happened before I plucked up the courage again. You see, she's the kind of person who could get hit by a bus and make sure YOU'RE ok, seeing me upset might upset her more!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It is. I'm supposed to be going to see her in the next few days but im in 2 minds about whether to go. Part of me really wants to go because..well, there wont be too many more opportunities, but another part is terrified that when i see her ill get very upset. The last thing she needs to be doing is comforting me right now! (Although that's exactly what she'll do!)

Go see her,not trying to make you feel guilty or anything but if you don't you may just regret it...

God, I know, I'd never forgive myself if I didn't go and something happened before I plucked up the courage again. You see, she's the kind of person who could get hit by a bus and make sure YOU'RE ok, seeing me upset might upset her more!

Yes, go see her and bring your joy along. If you can make her smile once it'll be worth it. Even if you're in tears, she'll still know her lil cupcake cares deeply for her.

• Advertisement

Yes, go see her and bring your joy along. If you can make her smile once it'll be worth it. Even if you're in tears, she'll still know her lil cupcake cares deeply for her.

That bit nearly made me cry for some reason :o

Im going to go see her this evening with my mam. She said I didn't have to go if I didn't want to but I don't want her going on her own!

Advertisement