Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Painkillers are rubbish and do nothing. Argh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Certainly a disturbance in the force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I sneezed and stuff came out.........

I sneezed and stuff came out.........

Better out than in.

Better out than in.

Not really! It took me by surprise!

• Advertisement

Not really! It took me by surprise!

Stuff it back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Uhh, I feel like crap and been getting sick since I "tried" to eat lunch....
    Can I got home, curl for in a blanked and watch crap Horror/Scifi movies?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Somebody close has just walked out of my life and it sucks

old hippy wrote: »
    Somebody close has just walked out of my life and it sucks

Are they likely to walk back in, or can you chase after them and get them back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Nerin wrote: »
    I hope its number two :pac:

You like the pain and suffering?? You is a Kothian!!! :eek::p
    koth wrote: »
    tuds is back on the interweb??

*broods*

:P:pac:

You had your chance at world domination while I was trapped in lacking Internet hell.....and you BLEW IT. So I have returned to kick your bum and fart in your face.

:cool:
    Solitaire wrote: »
    *waits for Tuds to swoop in and steal contestants' milk using ninja powahs* :pac:
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Oh, it's been a long time since she's stolen my milk... though I still get 3 litres extra, just in case.

Well would you two believe I only allow myself ONE CUP of milk everyday. Some days I even don't have it all.

I've been corrupted by evil forces (:eek::eek:) I blame my lack of attendance at glorious Boards beers where the alcohol use to keep me on the straight and righteous path.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Are they likely to walk back in, or can you chase after them and get them back?

If someone doesn't want to hang out & be mates anymore, I can't force them to, obviously. Just miss the friendship, really. Esp when you're a bit older and live in London, you kinda cherish mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

The television died
    *sad kitty ears*

Zwillinge wrote: »
    The television died
    *sad kitty ears*

When's the funeral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Have to go out in the dark cold night to go to tescos in Dundrum :( and I was so warm and cosy *sniff*

old hippy wrote: »
    If someone doesn't want to hang out & be mates anymore, I can't force them to, obviously. Just miss the friendship, really. Esp when you're a bit older and live in London, you kinda cherish mates.

Hope things pick up for you, man.
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    The television died
    *sad kitty ears*

Never a good thing, get some shows online as a stop-gap maybe?

HATE my job!

Get off the phone to my boss manager, send CV somewhere else. Fcuk them anyway! :mad:

HATE my job!

Get off the phone to my boss manager, send CV somewhere else. Fcuk them anyway! :mad:

Well, as someone who just quit their job... I hear ya. Thankfully you're a lot younger than me and can do whatever you put your mind to, without "the fear" hanging over you. Someone recently pointed out that you spend 70% of your life working (I've no idea where she got that figure) so make sure you enjoy what you do. Plus, as a person you're extremely capable. :)

I like my work, I just HATE the people I work for! They're making me feel like a right tosser with regard to taking sick days, saying I have a high rate of absence and being really rude to me. I've had 4.5 sick days in 6 months, that's hardly high??? Either way there's no need to be rude!

Thanks :o but my degree doesn't open a lot of doors, I can't do as much as I'd like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Tragedy

My girlfriend won't stop bitching on the phone to me :(

Tragedy wrote: »
    My girlfriend won't stop bitching on the phone to me :(

Hang up, then tomorrow tell her your battery died and you couldn't find your charger. I used that ole trick many a time!

• Advertisement

Eh thanks Cupcake, that's MY boyfriend >.<

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Well, that won't work too well then will it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Damnit Booms you ruined all the fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Well, that won't work too well then will it?

He is going to have to resort to plan B.

Duck+and+cover.jpg

Eh thanks Cupcake, that's MY boyfriend >.<

Heeeey! I was just passing on some advice! What he does with it is entirely up to him!

Neriiiiiin? Can I report him??? :D

BANBANBANBANBAN

I've had 4.5 sick days in 6 months, that's hardly high??? Either way there's no need to be rude!

in my place you get a talking to if you've had 4 instances of sick leave in 6 months.
    Or ten days in the same time. Were your days all individual or did you take twosies?

That's the reason I always take at least two days regardless when I'm sick.

1.5 consecutive, 3 single. But we don't get paid for them, its not like I'm just having days off. They know I'm genuine, I've been throwing up at work and all. I'm going back in today even though I have a tummy bug because I don't want the drama that goes with having another day off.

Sounds like they have the same policy as my place so. Our's isn't really meant to be enforced unless someone is taking the p1ss but our boss decided to revisit it this year.

Not sure what you can do because when you're sick you're sick. Especially when you're working with little germ factories.

Best just to get on with your work and don't let the management get to you.
    Not very helpful, I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

If you have a doctors note then they can't say **** to you...
    But that does cost 40e-80e to get :/
    1.5 consecutive, 3 single. But we don't get paid for them, its not like I'm just having days off. They know I'm genuine, I've been throwing up at work and all. I'm going back in today even though I have a tummy bug because I don't want the drama that goes with having another day off.

Advertisement