Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

If you have a doctors note then they can't say **** to you...
    But that does cost 40e-80e to get :/

My place doesn't differentiate between certified and uncertified leaves.
    One of the girls had a serious chest infection and was off for two weeks, fully certified, and she got the same talk as the others. A couple of them had certs as well.

HR were contacted and they said that the policy is there but it's only supposed to be enforced if someone is abusing the leave policy. Doesnt change the fact it's still being enacted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

If it's cert'd then they could cause legal issues for the company.
    I know my place have the option of doing a "Return to work" interview but it's meant to some be if your off for 2 weeks or more.
    My place doesn't differentiate between certified and uncertified leaves.
    One of the girls had a serious chest infection and was off for two weeks, fully certified, and she got the same talk as the others. A couple of them had certs as well.

HR were contacted and they said that the policy is there but it's only supposed to be enforced if someone is abusing the leave policy. Doesnt change the fact it's still being enacted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

If you have a doctors note then they can't say **** to you...
    But that does cost 40e-80e to get :/

My GPs only charge €20 :p
    If it's cert'd then they could cause legal issues for the company.

^ This. If there's an overwhelming amount of harassment from the feckers, its Harassment and/or Bullying. If HR or the manager tell others of your "unauthorised absence" by word of mouth then its also Slander. If your permanent record is affected because of this, its Libel. If you are treated differently from others, have wages docked etc. its Discrimination. And if they really take the p!ss over this and you are so severely demoted your title changes, or you are fired so they don't have to pay your sick pay, then its Unfair Dismissal.

I'd guess whatever medium and large businesses pull a total knee-jerk over the (retarded) change to the law might very well be retarded enough to put themselves on the receiving end of millions of Euros of lawsuits this winter :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Then there was one.:(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Then there was one.:(

Are you okay Wolfie? *hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Crew quit, I alone on my shift starting next week. Bring on the parade of morons.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Crew quit, I alone on my shift starting next week. Bring on the parade of morons.

Oh no! What happened that caused that? Will they get staff from other stores to help you?

One found job that pays better, and the other is being moved to day shift for her health. They claim to have a plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

One found job that pays better, and the other is being moved to day shift for her health. They claim to have a plan.

a plan = you

My plan is to demand a ginormous raise

• Advertisement

My plan is to demand a ginormous raise

i shall fully support this, bring weaponry to 'encourage'

I was gonna bring a white board with a marker to do math.
    "You have one experienced employee. What happens when we subtract one experienced employee from the available pool?"

I was gonna bring a white board with a marker to do math.
    "You have one experienced employee. What happens when we subtract one experienced employee from the available pool?"

but still have something hidden up your sleeve - you are hardly gonna tell me you have gone soft on me?!?!?!?

You mean the rabid wolves chained in the corner

You mean the rabid wolves chained in the corner

that is more like it. nothing like a bit of visual stimulation to get you what you want :)

Kinda brings to life the wolves at the door metaphor as well

Kinda brings to life the wolves at the door metaphor as well

very tru :D

I a bad person to annoy.

I a bad person to annoy.

don't blame you to be honest. just cos your co-workers can't stick it you shouldn't be lumped with it, and then lumped with newbs, without fair recompence

I the highest paid night shifter they have. Now, they gonna pay me more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

hi wolf. have they told you their plan?

Same as last time. Work me unitl I fall over, then throw me a bone to get me back on my
    feet.

First, I'm going to beat everyone in XtraVision to death their sh!tty malfunctioning TV set, then I am going to kill everyone who ever worked for Sky EVER. And then I am going to carry out my lifelong dream and murder my father in the most agonising way possible :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Well! That sounds like it would be quite a productive day! :pac:

Sky is off the list. They alone redeemed themselves; they have also unwittingly hastened my father's impending demise :mad:

And I was in a bad mood on another forum and have now upset another Boardsie :eek: I wasn't having a go at you you crazy foo! :eek:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Sky is off the list. They alone redeemed themselves; they have also unwittingly hastened my father's impending demise :mad:

And I was in a bad mood on another forum and have now upset another Boardsie :eek: I wasn't having a go at you you crazy foo! :eek:

am desperate for all the telly/sky/fathers demise gossip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Sky is off the list. They alone redeemed themselves;
    Damn, that was the only one I was actually behind. Adverts every five minutes eh? I've got your adverts right here baby....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I spent 12.5 hours at work today. I got paid for 8 of them.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I spent 12.5 hours at work today. I got paid for 8 of them.

FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

whaiiiii

• Advertisement

First, I'm going to beat everyone in XtraVision to death their sh!tty malfunctioning TV set, then I am going to kill everyone who ever worked for Sky EVER. And then I am going to carry out my lifelong dream and murder my father in the most agonising way possible :mad::mad::mad:
    Deal with your father first. Mine passed away before i could finish the device

Advertisement