Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Decided to come home for a few days because I missed my sisters, arrived around half 12...I feel physically ill being around my dad, who told me earlier that he is disgusted at me and my life choices. Thanks, dad.

Gah, I was doing so well, really developing an optimistic outlook on life and feeling so much better than I have in years and he pulls it all down in one fell swoop.

Feeling panicky about finding somewhere to live, and I haven't got any support whatsoever from here anymore, it's really depressing that I can count on my bf's family more than my own :(

I could do with a hug :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Hugs to you Squishy, I'm so sorry that you and your Father don't have a better relationship. More Hugs.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Decided to come home for a few days because I missed my sisters, arrived around half 12...I feel physically ill being around my dad, who told me earlier that he is disgusted at me and my life choices. Thanks, dad.

Gah, I was doing so well, really developing an optimistic outlook on life and feeling so much better than I have in years and he pulls it all down in one fell swoop.

Feeling panicky about finding somewhere to live, and I haven't got any support whatsoever from here anymore, it's really depressing that I can count on my bf's family more than my own :(

I could do with a hug :(

*hugs*

Is there anything we can do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

That sounds horrible Squishy *hugs* Nothing like feeling completely unsupported, its horrible.

*hugs*

Is there anything we can do?

Come share rent with me? :P

And cookies, we should all have cookies :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Come share rent with me? :P

And cookies, we should all have cookies :D

how much is rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

On the train back to Dublin, feeling a bit emo and homesick :(

hdowney wrote: »
    how much is rent

About 110/week, not including bills. And unless I find a job in Dublin, I have travel expenses on top, as well as food and all that. I earn around 150/week. Gah.

About 110/week, not including bills. And unless I find a job in Dublin, I have travel expenses on top, as well as food and all that. I earn around 150/week. Gah.

what are you getting for your money? like tell me a bit about the property (i is a nosey :) )

what are you getting for your money? like tell me a bit about the property (i is a nosey :) )

That's not a specific property, it's in general for a 1-bed studio property. I would share, only I need to get loads of work done this year and I need complete and utter alone-ness :P

I think I may have found a good place for €90, but will have to wait and see =/

• Advertisement

That's not a specific property, it's in general for a 1-bed studio property. I would share, only I need to get loads of work done this year and I need complete and utter alone-ness :P

I think I may have found a good place for €90, but will have to wait and see =/

crikey. i would hope it is a dacent studio not some serious pokey you could cook your dinner whilst on the loo kinda place!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I've found 99% of "studio" apt in Dublin are nothing more then bedsits :/
    crikey. i would hope it is a dacent studio not some serious pokey you could cook your dinner whilst on the loo kinda place!

I've found 99% of "studio" apt in Dublin are nothing more then bedsits :/

this is the truth. they are ALL. a genuine studio is nearly the same cost as an apartment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Met my estranged friend yesterday. Thought it would help but just feel worse about it now. Hate losing people.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

One of my best friends emigrated to France the other day. Damnit tats two of them gone in the past few months.
    That and I've been sick since the start of November. Since I'm only part time employed i dont get paid for the days I have to take off due to sickness. Which is crap since my hours have been cut back significantly recently. Just in time for Christmas too. *feh*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

To the delightful folks I work with:

Okay you pollyannas you have succeeded in gaining my attention. In the interest of fair play I shall give you a three millisecond lead-off before I kick all your fcuking heads in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

F*CKING Christmas lights! That is all.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭KamiKazeKitten

EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS! Irish exams next week and I have the worlds worst lecturer, nobody in my year has a clue what we should study and I'm freaking out quite a bit. (Which is why I'm here dossing on Boards :o )

EDIT: also, hello everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

EXAMS EXAMS EXAMS! Irish exams next week and I have the worlds worst lecturer, nobody in my year has a clue what we should study and I'm freaking out quite a bit. (Which is why I'm here dossing on Boards :o )

EDIT: also, hello everyone :)

Hello and welcome!

Nothing worse than a crap lecturer/teacher. They are the reason I failed Biology in me Leaving useless fart!

I'd say the best advise is to go over everything bit by bit and take your time with it all. :)

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Hello and welcome!

Nothing worse than a crap lecturer/teacher. They are the reason I failed Biology in me Leaving useless fart!

I'd say the best advise is to go over everything bit by bit and take your time with it all. :)

i had one of them for lc geography!!!! usless twat

boohiss at the budget so far. students such as myself are being screwed over. they can twat on about jobs as much as they bleeding well want. i don't want to scrub bogs for a living (no disrespect to anyone who does that btw, thanks for clean loos :)) i want to do what i want to do. but clearly you don't want me to. you want me to pee off and get a job and stop claiming off ye, but you don't care if it is cleaning bogs, you don't want me to feel like a success obviously. cos if you did you wouldn't heap the stuff on students that you have. a €250 increase to the student contribution. a 3% decrease in student maintenance grants. and then they have said that the book grant on btea is going from €500 to €300 which is horrid.

• Advertisement

I thought things were getting so much better. I got a new job, and a new flat which I've put the deposit down for. Now the shop has been sold to a Chinese guy who is hiring all his own Chinese staff and since I hadn't had time to sign a contract, I'm out. I've already left my old job and I've spoken to the manager there and he doesn't need any new staff any more. I can't afford the flat without a job, and it's so close to Christmas there's next to no hope in me getting a new one. My parents won't help me at all, and I'm panicked.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Oh hell squishy, I wish there was some way i could help you. :(

Oh hell squishy, I wish there was some way i could help you. :(

me too. they are complete baxtards. and this close to christmas and all. it is even eviler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Oh Squishy :(
    I hope everything works out for you soon, I can't imagine how you are feeling. If there's anything i can do just let me know x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

It might be worth calling Citizen's Information, there has to be something dodgy about hiring a person for a job and then selling the business right away.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

frak, dunno what to say Squishy, that's a horrible situation to be in. Get yourself signed on asap and talk to the new landlord and see if there's something you can do.

squiskykins, you do not need to sign a physical contract to have legal rights. A contract only either adds/removes some benefits but can not override your legal rights.

Once the job offer was sent to you they started a legal contract with you; so if the reason they are letting you go is so they can hire Chineses staff { was this told verbally or in writing?} then you have then for unfair dismissal
    I thought things were getting so much better. I got a new job, and a new flat which I've put the deposit down for. Now the shop has been sold to a Chinese guy who is hiring all his own Chinese staff and since I hadn't had time to sign a contract, I'm out. I've already left my old job and I've spoken to the manager there and he doesn't need any new staff any more. I can't afford the flat without a job, and it's so close to Christmas there's next to no hope in me getting a new one. My parents won't help me at all, and I'm panicked.
    reallyrose wrote: »
    It might be worth calling Citizen's Information, there has to be something dodgy about hiring a person for a job and then selling the business right away.

squiskykins, you do not need to sign a physical contract to have legal rights. A contract only either adds/removes some benefits but can not override your legal rights.

Once the job offer was sent to you they started a legal contract with you; so if the reason they are letting you go is so they can hire Chineses staff { was this told verbally or in writing?} then you have then for unfair dismissal

I went into Citizen's information there, yes you're right :) I got the info I need printed out, gonna go in and have a word with him. Thanks for the support everyone :)

Request to get everything from them in writing and good luck :)
    I went into Citizen's information there, yes you're right :) I got the info I need printed out, gonna go in and have a word with him. Thanks for the support everyone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

God Squishy, i hope everything works out for you, if anyone deserves a break at this stage its you! Fingers crossed for ya!

Advertisement