Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

uhhh WHY am I in work today....
    Had the worst sleep late night and still feel like crap :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Gah!

My sister is scared of losing her part-time job at Boots and failing her repeats (which she doesn't have a hope of passing, as its a subjective course and the lecturer is an evil elitist sh!t who hates her) so she's been working at various things non-stop for the last fortnight.

Even though she has pneumonia.

Now of course Boots + trashed immune system reliably = plague, and sure enough she now seems to have that weird super-nasty semi-resistant strep-throat/Scarlet Fever hybrid that I had for the entire month of October, so it looks like she'll fail college and lose her job anyway, and spend her birthday, Christmas and possibly even New Year in a hospital bed.

Nice being back in Victorian times :mad:

In other news, a rat has died somewhere above or below our airing cupboard and the remains can't be found. Upstairs now stinks :(

Around this time last year I was not-recovering from a savage break-up while the person I was breaking up with had (unbeknownst to me until later) already moved on to someone (allegedly) much wealthier and more handsome to boot.

I'm really starting to hate Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Spent New Year in hospital, out today but recovery can take anything from 1 to 6 months. Off work for at least a month and restricted to my apartment except for clinic visits. Doctors thought I had Pnuemonia at Christmas, turned out I had two clots, one in each lung which then screwed with my heart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Solitaire wrote: »
    Gah!

My sister is scared of losing her part-time job at Boots and failing her repeats (which she doesn't have a hope of passing, as its a subjective course and the lecturer is an evil elitist sh!t who hates her) so she's been working at various things non-stop for the last fortnight.

Even though she has pneumonia.

Now of course Boots + trashed immune system reliably = plague, and sure enough she now seems to have that weird super-nasty semi-resistant strep-throat/Scarlet Fever hybrid that I had for the entire month of October, so it looks like she'll fail college and lose her job anyway, and spend her birthday, Christmas and possibly even New Year in a hospital bed.

Nice being back in Victorian times :mad:

In other news, a rat has died somewhere above or below our airing cupboard and the remains can't be found. Upstairs now stinks :(

Around this time last year I was not-recovering from a savage break-up while the person I was breaking up with had (unbeknownst to me until later) already moved on to someone (allegedly) much wealthier and more handsome to boot.

I'm really starting to hate Christmas.

Wish your sister a speedy recovery!! My aunt has serious pneumonia at the minute too :/

As for the ex, don't worry she will have plenty of horrible rows with her dude on many occasions. If that gives you any comfort!
    micayla wrote: »
    Spent New Year in hospital, out today but recovery can take anything from 1 to 6 months. Off work for at least a month and restricted to my apartment except for clinic visits. Doctors thought I had Pnuemonia at Christmas, turned out I had two clots, one in each lung which then screwed with my heart :(

HOLY CRAP!! That's some intense stuff :eek:
    Wishing you a major speedy recovery too lady!

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭micayla

Cheers Tuddle, hope your Aunt gets better soon too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

my god that sounds awful. i feel so much for you. *hug* and get better soon

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

oh dear :O,Glad your ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I feel really sad the past few weeks and I have no idea why

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

s7GKZ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I feel really sad the past few weeks and I have no idea why

I'd say it would be a good time to be good to yourself and do some nice things to make yourself feel a bit better :)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

So so so fed up! Fed up of all the reminders of things I have failed at. Just want to hide & cry.

:eek::(

*hugs GL* :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

So so so fed up! Fed up of all the reminders of things I have failed at. Just want to hide & cry.

This is where BG takes out the stern looking glasses and cane.......

GF, you haven't failed...... we have experiences that we learn from and sometimes it hurts but it's just a learning curve.... don't let it affect you, you are amazing!
    A cry can be cathartic, but just try to think of all you HAVE achieved and the people in your life who love you x
    You know where i am if you need me x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Having a very weepy night tonight. Mind you I've been awake since 10 am Wed :(
    Everything is ****ed up with grandads cancer now, it's far too real now. Sorry just feeling ****ing miserable tonight and I want to sleep and I don't want to work tomorrow and bleeeehhhh! :(

sarahbro wrote: »
    Everything is ****ed up with grandads cancer now, it's far too real now. Sorry just feeling ****ing miserable tonight and I want to sleep and I don't want to work tomorrow and bleeeehhhh! :(

Aw *hugs* Sarah... cancer is a fúcking bitch and i'm sorry its touching your family :(
    Try get a couple hours sleep honey, things really do seem a whole lot better after some sleep x x xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

BadGirl wrote: »

Aw *hugs* Sarah... cancer is a fúcking bitch and i'm sorry its touching your family :(
    Try get a couple hours sleep honey, things really do seem a whole lot better after some sleep x x xx

Thanks BadGirl sorry just feeling sorry for myself tonight x

Thanks BadGirl sorry just feeling sorry for myself tonight x

And yes, you have every right to feel sorry for yourself, just try to not let it get you down x x x

The nocs here are a great support so feel free to vent and feel sorry for yourself as much as you want x xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Very very minimalistic I know compared to others but ......

Screw You Hayfever :(

That

is

all.

Hayfever? In February?? o_O

I had a massive heart spasm on Monday evening, but hopefully its just part of a really obnoxious virus that's going around :/ (people I know keep swelling up to twice their normal size due to a weird-ass gastro bug o_O I'm now a human gasbag too :o) Even so I'm off to the doc today to get checked, as I'm worried and even without anything else the bug has my diaphragm practically lodged in my sinuses which makes it a bit hard to breathe deeply >_>

The real kicker is that if it IS something serious I can't be tested or treated for several months, as my medical card runs out tonight and I could be waiting several MONTHS waiting for my replacement to be sent because of those morons in the HSE :eek:

Solitaire wrote: »
    Hayfever? In February?? o_O

I had a massive heart spasm on Monday evening, but hopefully its just part of a really obnoxious virus that's going around :/ (people I know keep swelling up to twice their normal size due to a weird-ass gastro bug o_O I'm now a human gasbag too :o) Even so I'm off to the doc today to get checked, as I'm worried and even without anything else the bug has my diaphragm practically lodged in my sinuses which makes it a bit hard to breathe deeply >_>

The real kicker is that if it IS something serious I can't be tested or treated for several months, as my medical card runs out tonight and I could be waiting several MONTHS waiting for my replacement to be sent because of those morons in the HSE :eek:

on the med card issue, if it helps and the loike, i think, if you are deffoly entitled to one, like circs not changed or anything, you can a, provide your number to the doc/hosp etc, which they can follow up with the hse, just to clarify that there shouldn't be a problem other than incompetent backlog. also i think you can get a letter (now who off i don't know, back in the day when the health boards processed med card aps it was them) just to cover you until you receive your card.

hope tis nothing serious all the same sol :D

also someone buy me a biohazard suit!:pac:

• Advertisement

Is nobody else here ......... :(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

The Brooding Corner isn't usually busy... You okay?

Yeah am fine.

Well 1 of these Threads is usually pretty busy/chatty around now, maybe it's the Lair Thread then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

Why can't life just be easy for once :( If I didn't have people who cared about me there'd be no point at all...I can't even make myself get out of bed :(

Why can't life just be easy for once :( If I didn't have people who cared about me there'd be no point at all...I can't even make myself get out of bed :(

what happened hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

hdowney wrote: »
    what happened hun?

Sorry, wrote that in the heat of the moment yesterday =/

Just everything piling up, I hate being so stressed all the time...I'm not looking for crazy riches or anything (though it wouldn't be turned down!) I just wanna be comfortable in all parts of my life for once :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

*BIG HUG*

Take care of yourself, squishykins :)
    You are precious.

The stress will go away, I'm sure, but meanwhile I think you should do something you enjoy doing, eat a delicious dinner and treat yourself to something nice :)
    Hang out with friends and family, or simply enjoy some time to youself :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

*huggles for squishy*

yea, life's a bit sh1t atm, but it won't always be.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Shiminay wrote: »
    *huggles for squishy*

yea, life's a bit sh1t atm, but it won't always be.
    Any word on when things will get fixed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Nerin wrote: »
    Any word on when things will get fixed?

It usually gets fixed on its own when one starts paying attention to the desires and needs of oneself :)

Advertisement