Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Wild Bill wrote: »
    As an old guy can I console you if you've just lost the love of your life, your soul mate, the one?

/philosophical

What if you never found them in the first place? Is that better or worse than losing them?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

I thought i found the one. Turned out she was just one of the many

Many is quantitative; a true romantic likes to suffer qualitatively.

(Married with boodles of kids :))

/philosophical

What if you never found them in the first place? Is that better or worse than losing them?

Absolutely worse!

Many folk never get that chance :)

Bittersweet ain't a bad taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

What if you make a mess of it and then they die?

Deki wrote: »

D'oh! :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

you were talking about soul mates right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Wild Bill wrote: »
    OK, so this the moaner thread?

As an old guy can I console you if you've just lost the love of your life, your soul mate, the one?

You actually don't ever really get over it :D

You can get on with it - but not over it. Take it from a veteran. :cool:

It's true :/

But it's a pile of bollocks having to get on with it when they live in the same town as ya! *buys few plane tickets* :pac:
    /philosophical

From one side of the coin you would be extremely lucky to never have felt the pain of losing them....but then you never felt the crazy intense high happiness from being with them. Hmmmm still figuring it out!
    Deki wrote: »

Then that would be a whole other pile of emotional conflict :eek::(
    Even if someone made a mess of things it's not all down to one persons fault there's two folks in the relationship all blame is not one sided. The only thing that person could do is learn from any mistakes(if there really were any) made and try their best to forgive themselves. Plus just remember the good times together and be thankfully they got to spend as long as they did with that person before they died. That's just my take on it though others may have different opinions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

I don't believe in soul mates, but I believe there's only a handful of people you can have that crazy chemistry with. Hang on and I'll get an really cool quote about soul mates...

A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, and make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life...
    - Elizabeth Gilbert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Housemates making fun of me downstairs.. yes I can still hear you from my room :rolleyes:

The names are starting to tire too..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Housemates making fun of me downstairs.. yes I can still hear you from my room :rolleyes:

Want me to come sort em out?
    *hugs*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what happened?

sarahbro wrote: »
    Want me to come sort em out?
    *hugs*

Nah it's cool, I don't pay much attention to it anymore.

Thanks for the hugs :)

Seph: They call me "Julie" (jew-lee) in jest because I'm economical about the house turning off stuff that's not being used etc... Heard them downstairs saying how many cans of miller I've had in the past 3 days, "weirdo" was mentioned somewhere too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Seph: They call me "Julie" (jew-lee) in jest because I'm economical about the house turning off stuff that's not being used etc... Heard them downstairs saying how many cans of miller I've had in the past 3 days, "weirdo" was mentioned somewhere too

Fuck 'em anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

ignore the fckers lee. how long you stuck with them? like is it student housemates, or housemate housemates if ya understand me

Thanks for the replies.

H, one's my best friend and one's my closest friend from college.. still doesn't stop them.

/Rant over :)

Thanks for the replies.

H, one's my best friend and one's my closest friend from college.. still doesn't stop them.

jaysus, sounds a smidge like poor DazMarz from the other thread - although i am assuming they haven't yet started destroying your property.

this kinda thing bothers me. a small bit of teasing between mates is normal, even to be expected, but when they can see/or can't see mores the point, that it is hurting you, then it crosses the line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

They say you should never live with close friends as it ruins friendships!! I do believe in that unless ye make things clear from the start. They sound like complete knobheads.
    What does it matter how many cans of Miller you have had? It's none of their business :confused: Calling you a weirdo behind your back/in a hateful manner is bang out of order. All mates take the piss out of each other but to do it hatefully aint cool or funny.

As for you turning off appliances they should be feicin thankful ye helping keep the bill down!

Are they the type to have a sit down serious conversation or will ya just say something along the lines.... "lads/ladies seriously cop on we are suppose to be mates and yous are really acting like farts to me!"

Don't take no crap from any housemate...best friend or not!

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    They say you should never live with close friends as it ruins friendships!! I do believe in that unless ye make things clear from the start. They sound like complete knobheads.
    What does it matter how many cans of Miller you have had? It's none of their business :confused: Calling you a weirdo behind your back/in a hateful manner is bang out of order. All mates take the piss out of each other but to do it hatefully aint cool or funny.

As for you turning off appliances they should be feicin thankful ye helping keep the bill down!

Are they the type to have a sit down serious conversation or will ya just say something along the lines.... "lads/ladies seriously cop on we are suppose to be mates and yous are really acting like farts to me!"

Don't take no crap from any housemate...best friend or not!

Thanks for the reply Toni :)

They're grand 90% of the time, and it doesn't matter to me how much I drank (irony is one of them nearly always gets sick when he comes home from a night out)..

I try to avoid those situations where possible, I'll ignore anything that annoys me in the next three weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I'll gather up my gang of angry boardsies and be there in a couple hours.... fúckers won't know what hit them!

Ignore the twats Lee, you are better than the lot of them!

*hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

BadGirl wrote: »
    I'll gather up my gang of angry boardsies and be there in a couple hours.... fúckers won't know what hit them!

*hugs*

Count me in! :mad:

BadGirl wrote: »

*hugs*
    Count me in! :mad:

i'm here. just lemme find my baseball bat

You should go down and tell them if they don't quiet down with all the slagging you won't share any of your jew gold with them.

Makes them aware that they can hear you, and they'll feel bad because you're not properly giving out to them.

Don't take it personally, it happens when you live with friends unfortunately :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Thanks for the replies.

Christ, who needs enemies.

Damn maths! The handout and book examples don't really show how to answer the questions. Have to figure it out from the answers at the back of the book :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

That is why Google and Excel was inverted.
    jammstarr wrote: »
    Damn maths! The handout and book examples don't really show how to answer the questions. Have to figure it out from the answers at the back of the book :(

That is why Google and Excel was inverted.

Google hasn't helped me too much and I don't know how to use Excel for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Brood, brood, brood .........

That.is.all.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Anything the Nocs can be of help with cdc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

So the day before our engagement party one of my teeth break! I'm in total agony! And of course Drogheda doesn't have an emergency dentist clinic - why would it?!
    Have to ring and beg for an appointment in the morning and if I do get one - beg the dentist not to extract and fix it temporarily until this weekend is over!
    Oh and pay god only knows what!
    Ugh!!!!

Advertisement