Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

sarahbro wrote: »
    So the day before our engagement party one of my teeth break! I'm in total agony! And of course Drogheda doesn't have an emergency dentist clinic - why would it?!
    Have to ring and beg for an appointment in the morning and if I do get one - beg the dentist not to extract and fix it temporarily until this weekend is over!
    Oh and pay god only knows what!
    Ugh!!!!

Poor you :(

Also I hate scumbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

sarahbro wrote: »
    So the day before our engagement party one of my teeth break! I'm in total agony! And of course Drogheda doesn't have an emergency dentist clinic - why would it?!
    Have to ring and beg for an appointment in the morning and if I do get one - beg the dentist not to extract and fix it temporarily until this weekend is over!
    Oh and pay god only knows what!
    Ugh!!!!

Oh that's lousy :( Hope it can get sorted somewhat so you're not in pain and can enjoy the party, it's such a great time to celebrate. I'd love to say I hope its not too dear but I know dentists are criminals!

I am a little down. I wish I could stop holding grudges against people who have hurt me in the past, and there's too many of them than there should be. And as much as I don't want to hate them and just forget and get on with myself, I find myself thinking a lot of what they did, and wondering if they are in any way remorseful. It gets me down too often. Don't know really what to do about it to get over it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Wish I could sleep a whole night uninterrupted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I am sick of being...well....sick! Seriously. I had the flu for over a month. Thought 'yay I finally kicked it' then I got strep throat :(. And then whilst I still have strep throat I got the flu AGAIN!! FFS like pish off

Why do I have to look and feel like I'm in my 40's? I'm not even 27 yet :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

jammstarr wrote: »
    Why do I have to look and feel like I'm in my 40's? I'm not even 27 yet :(
    I feel like in my 50's and I'm not yet 35

I want to be forever young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

~Forever Young - Bob Dylan~

May God bless and keep you always,

May your wishes all come true.

May you always do for others,

And let others do for you.

May you build a ladder to the stars,

And climb on every rung.

May you stay, forever young,

May you stay forever young.

May you grow up to be righteous,

May you grow up to be true.

May you always know the truth,

And see the lights surrounding you.

May you always be courageous,

Stand upright and be strong.

May your hands always be busy,

May your feet always be swift.

May you have a strong foundation,

When the winds of changes shift.

May your heart always be joyful,

And may your song always be sung.

#AndMayThisSongAlwaysBeSung<3

~Forever Young - Bob Dylan~

I was actually going for the Alphaville song :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Robert Zimmerman is much older than me - and that's old! :cool:

• Advertisement

Damn fat body slowly destroying my favourite jeans :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

This is why I switched over to combats

This is why I switched over to combats

Knowing me my gut would only ruin them too :o

They come with adjustable waists

Go for sweatpants then

Go for sweatpants then

Not really my style :D

How about a kilt

How about a kilt

Not a bad look actually. Could get me beaten up in rougher parts of town :D

That is why you accesorize with the head of a fallen enemy

That is why you accesorize with the head of a fallen enemy

That sounds like fashion tips for Klingons

• Advertisement

They know how to match weapons to clothes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

All of my jeans have shrunk in the wash. :mad:
    (well, the waist has shrunk...) :(

That sounds like fashion tips for Klingons
    LOL. :D
    You must wear your kilt with HONOUR.

I am having weight related panic myself. I had planned on getting back to the gym, so I could losen a little and feel better in my dress for the wedding next week (and then obvs keep going and keep losing weight but yakno) but the stoopie flu I have had for TWO MONTHS is causing that to be a nuhuh canni do that thing. I am completely para of what I am gonna look like in the dress now. And I know that even if I do look ok, and people think I do, I am gonna think I look awful :(

hdowney wrote: »
    I am having weight related panic myself. I had planned on getting back to the gym, so I could losen a little and feel better in my dress for the wedding next week (and then obvs keep going and keep losing weight but yakno) but the stoopie flu I have had for TWO MONTHS is causing that to be a nuhuh canni do that thing. I am completely para of what I am gonna look like in the dress now. And I know that even if I do look ok, and people think I do, I am gonna think I look awful :(
    You gonna look marvelous, now just keep telling yourself that

You gonna look marvelous, now just keep telling yourself that

I wish it was that easy! But I seriously struggle to be a positive person (Mrs. Negativity right here o/) especially when it comes to my own image and self worth :( I generally don't feel great about myself. Stoopie brain not working the way I want it too. Also being sick all the time really ruins any happy thoughts. Hard to feel happy when you feel like crap/like you been run over by a semi!

Thanks tho :)

I be Mr. Angrypants, but i still find time for brief flashes of happiness

[Brood] Ugh, I feel tired and sniffly and so not in the mood for a 10 hour shift at work tomorrow and a 12 hour shift on Saturday. And I've a test to study for next week. Boo-urns. [/Brood]

Posy wrote: »
    [Brood] Ugh, I feel tired and sniffly and so not in the mood for a 10 hour shift at work tomorrow and a 12 hour shift on Saturday. And I've a test to study for next week. Boo-urns. [/Brood]

Ya poor thing Posy. I'm pretty glum about my own studies too so take comfort in that :o

• Advertisement

I always take comfort in other people's misery. :o

Advertisement