Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Posy wrote: »
    [Brood] Ugh, I feel tired and sniffly and so not in the mood for a 10 hour shift at work tomorrow and a 12 hour shift on Saturday. And I've a test to study for next week. Boo-urns. [/Brood]

my god that 22hrs in 2 days :eek: surely thats not legal ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, it is- I've done 49 hours in 4 days straight before. You start to hallucinate by the end of day 3. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Oh, it is- I've done 49 hours in 4 days straight before. You start to hallucinate by the end of day 3. :o

:eek: well fair duce to ya........think of all that lovely cash *eyes turn to dollars signs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Jaysus :eek:

I don't want to go to work tomorrow! Whinge.
    Is tomorrow night yet? At least I don't have to work Sunday.
    *Looks at watch*
    It's still tonight, crap.

Brood, brood, brood....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Its a long holiday weekend in Canada, hadn't heard from any of my friends, and now I can see on Facebook they all went camping.

While I probably wouldn't have gone, cause I've been sick, have no camping gear whatsoever and would need to bum a lift, I would have liked to have been invited :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Its a long holiday weekend in Canada, hadn't heard from any of my friends, and now I can see on Facebook they all went camping.

While I probably wouldn't have gone, cause I've been sick, have no camping gear whatsoever and would need to bum a lift, I would have liked to have been invited :(

That must be tough Peaches, I know how you feel :(

Has this happened to you from these friends before?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

yea hun been there. it sux a lot :(

It kinda depends who is organizing the get together. Some will always invite me, and others never you know. I'm very new to the group so its easy to forget me, don't think its anyone trying to exclude me on purpose you know!

I'm too shy to invite myself along to things too, so I am partly to blame, but I feel weird doing it!

I feel weird doing it!

so would I

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

It kinda depends who is organizing the get together. Some will always invite me, and others never you know. I'm very new to the group so its easy to forget me, don't think its anyone trying to exclude me on purpose you know!

I'm too shy to invite myself along to things too, so I am partly to blame, but I feel weird doing it!

Ah, I see. For the first while you may have to almost "throw yourself in" until they become more familiar with you and then hopefully they're nice and decent enough to keep inviting you along.

Or even better, maybe organise something small yourself and invite some friends along, they may include you more after that?

If it's nothing done on purpose I'd let the first one slide but would make sure it doesn't keep happening again.

chin up peach,your b/f is going to visit soon ya?

Sure it was even worse with "friends" back home who knew me years and wouldn't invite me places! I'll try make a bigger effort here :)

He's coming middle of August, so less than 3 months. So excited, was looking for stuff to do around the island and there's some mad lake with mythical monster eels in it or something! We have to go!

Poor Princess :( I used to get a lot of that carry on, it's not a nice feeling at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭thrilledskinny

Ditto princess p and jam s that used to happen me at work, n still does. Used to bother me till I realised those people weren't worth hanging with if excluding people is how they get their kicks !
    I'm so insecure ?

I've come for a moan. Stupid paper is killing me and the professor was no help when I emailed him. I hate marketing, but there were very few courses offered this semester and I need the credits.

Got an e-mail and I have to work on campus Friday night with this creepy creep, I can't stand him! He better not talk to me.

/rant. Back to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

fdLlp.gif

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Why me?

Why me?

I ask myself that too. Take a load off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Why me?

You ok Wolfie?? :(

*hugs for you too BZ* (and a feel of your beard too!)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

BadGirl wrote: »
    You ok Wolfie?? :(

*hugs for you too BZ* (and a feel of your beard too!)
    Baby brother is in town, unfortunately he drunk and my mother doesn't want to see him when he drunk. I made an effort to talk to him and it blew up in my face. So now I have no siblings left that will talk to me, and my mother is pissed at me. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Baby brother is in town, unfortunately he drunk and my mother doesn't want to see him when he drunk. I made an effort to talk to him and it blew up in my face. So now I have no siblings left that will talk to me, and my mother is pissed at me. :(

Aw shit, I'm sorry Wolfie, that sucks ass :(
    I hope when your bro sobers up, that he realises wtf he was at, and your mum sees that you were only trying to help....

I'll deal with it. he's here now so maybe we can talk things through

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I'll deal with it. he's here now so maybe we can talk things through

*hugs* I hope you're okay Wolfie. You're a good guy so hopefully they all see sense and start acting like adults!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Late to the party but I will echo what others have said CW. Hopefully in the harsh reality of hangoverland your brother will cop his stupidity and that you were just trying to be a big bro.

Yeah, we started to talk things through. he talking about seeing a therapist about his other problems

Yeah, we started to talk things through. he talking about seeing a therapist about his other problems
    Glad to hear that, Wolfie. Glad I'm an only child sometimes! (well, all of the time..)

Work tomorrow. Feels like I've been off forever. :(
    *cries*

I did F all today. I really should of done at least one hour's study. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭careymary

Friends eh? One of my friends has really changed over the past few months, was a lovely girl now she is real judgemental and looks down on everyone, I'm sick of her ****, tried to call her up on it with some of our other friends, she reckons she hasnt changed we all have, likely yeah, just about done with her, she has become someone I dont want to know at all now, she even started Being slightly rascist which i think is unforgivable, just dunno whats got into her lately, she had a go at one of our mutual friends for letting herself go, which really upset my friend, as she has had major body issues for years, what Can I do she doesnt want to listen to us!

• Advertisement

careymary wrote: »
    Friends eh? One of my friends has really changed over the past few months, was a lovely girl now she is real judgemental and looks down on everyone, I'm sick of her ****, tried to call her up on it with some of our other friends, she reckons she hasnt changed we all have, likely yeah, just about done with her, she has become someone I dont want to know at all now, she even started Being slightly rascist which i think is unforgivable, just dunno whats got into her lately, she had a go at one of our mutual friends for letting herself go, which really upset my friend, as she has had major body issues for years, what Can I do she doesnt want to listen to us!
    In a case like this i walk away until said friend pulls their head out of their ass

Advertisement