Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

That_Guy wrote: »
    Cousins birthday coming up in 10 days...... He would have been 11. Miss you every single day.

I hear you on that one mate, it's something that never leaves us.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

sorry to hear dude. ive a couple birthdays and anniversaries coming up soon that im not looking forward to either. :/

meanwhile, my nana's in hospital with clots in her lungs, and apparently it's down to 'luck' if she survives or not. last time i saw her, she was pretty strong and healthy. slowing down a little, but man... never thought for a moment she was down to her last couple of years :/ sucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

SDooM wrote: »
    I submitted my thesis proposal in a month ago via DIT's webcourses system.

It's vanished. No evidence I ever did.
    WTFudge?? Have you a copy of it? is there anyone who can help? (can I help even?)
    Cousins birthday coming up in 10 days...... He would have been 11. Miss you every single day.
    *hugs* make sure you have a good day that day, celebrate it for him :)
    meanwhile, my nana's in hospital with clots in her lungs, and apparently it's down to 'luck' if she survives or not. last time i saw her, she was pretty strong and healthy. slowing down a little, but man... never thought for a moment she was down to her last couple of years :/ sucky.
    In a way it's good you have memories of her so strong & healthy, it's a better one than them being frail. It's so sad to watch and wait I know and I truely hope she's not in much/any pain at the moment hun. And I hope she pulls through this. *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

star-pants wrote: »
    In a way it's good you have memories of her so strong & healthy, it's a better one than them being frail. It's so sad to watch and wait I know and I truely hope she's not in much/any pain at the moment hun. And I hope she pulls through this. *hugs*

aye. im not sure how much pain she is/isnt in. i have a bad habit of switching off when im being told info i dont want to know. so im not sure exactly waht the story is. went something like 'doctors are saying she'll be lucky to get back out again'. 'what do you mean by out again...?' . 'to survive.'. 'oh.' 'waffleaboutconditionetc'. 'oh'.

kinda sucks i can't leave the country, either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

WTFudge?? Have you a copy of it? is there anyone who can help? (can I help even?)

I don't know. My year head hasn't come back to me. I am a good little IT boy though so I have multiple back ups. It's still a month late being sent in though. :(

• Advertisement

kinda sucks i can't leave the country, either.
    I do know what you mean, I tend to make jokes n stuff when people are very sick. I don't deal with the illness as such, I just deal with sorting things and doing what I can. I'll never forget the day my granda asked me how long he had left. (we were waiting on an ambulance) I laughed and asked what he was on about. But he knew though :( But he joked til the end too, which is good. Hopefully your nan will have good spirits around her. Even if you can't be there, you can maybe call her?
    SDooM wrote: »
    I don't know. My year head hasn't come back to me. I am a good little IT boy though so I have multiple back ups. It's still a month late being sent in though. :(
    True (to month late) -- uber ghey, and there's no record of having submitted it on time? even maybe emails to someone saying you've just submitted it dated from back then? anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    :eek::mad::mad: Mother****ers! How is he?
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    :mad::(:mad:
    Sorry to hear that :( How is he now?

Incidentally, I agree with every word you say about the little scumbags.
    Omg that's awful. Is he ok?
    *hugs* to LZ5by5 & FC

That's uber ghey, little feckers... I really hope he's ok!! *hugs* to ye

Was chatting with him recently, he is doing good, healing away.
    He still has bruising on his arms and chest :(:(:mad::(:(
    He should be back up and kickin' properly soon *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

*hugs* make sure you have a good day that day, celebrate it for him :)

I definitely will. He is a Spurs supporter and I'm a Newcastle supporter and they beat Newcastle yesterday. Bit of justice because I was always slagging him over supporting Spurs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The last 3 hours of work on my project have given me results that are the polar opposite of what I was expecting, and I have NO idea how to explain them.

**** it, time to get lunch.

I definitely will. He is a Spurs supporter and I'm a Newcastle supporter and they beat Newcastle yesterday. Bit of justice because I was always slagging him over supporting Spurs. :)
    ha - good one :) Bet he was happy to see that!
    The last 3 hours of work on my project have given me results that are the polar opposite of what I was expecting, and I have NO idea how to explain them.
    There anyone you can ask for help?

• Advertisement

ha - good one :) Bet he was happy to see that!

He probably had some influence on it I reckon.

-

I hate you Tesco so much. Never EVER any bottles of coke in it. Absolute wreck the head.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I just came home to a letter about my pension. It matures in 2048. I have to work for 39 more years?!

feylya wrote: »
    I just came home to a letter about my pension. It matures in 2048. I have to work for 39 more years?!

What age are you now then?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

39 years away from retirement age :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm just hoping I win the lotto one day so I won't have to slug it out for the majority of my life just so I come out with a crap pension. I know I know you don't have to say it.:mad::p

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping I win the lotto one day so I won't have to slug it out for the majority of my life just so I come out with a crap pension. I know I know you don't have to say it.:mad::p

I was gonna suggest rob a bank but they probably don't have much money to rob out of there these days. God this country has gone to sh*t.

I hate rashes, I hate itchiness and I hate the unsightlyness of it all.
    Darn you reaction rash!! *shakes fist*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I hate rashes, I hate itchiness and I hate the unsightlyness of it all.
    Darn you reaction rash!! *shakes fist*
    What are you reacting too.

What are you reacting to.
    I don't know yet, it was a reaction to meds before, but we changed my meds.
    Unlikely it's my stomach tabs, as I've not had a reaction to them before. And I've not eaten anything particularly out of the ordinary. And it has to be a reaction to something I ingested though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Things that are always a monumental pain in the a**, it took me three months to figure out I have apperntly become lactose intolerant. I miss pizza.

• Advertisement

Aye I can't digest pizza/white bread/pretzels (yeasty things) properly, end up with horrible pains. I allow myself pizza sometimes or a slice of bread. Never pretzels though, they kill.
    I have calamine lotion & anti histamines so i'm hoping it'll take the anger out of the rash

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Aye I can't digest pizza/white bread/pretzels (yeasty things) properly, end up with horrible pains. I allow myself pizza sometimes or a slice of bread. Never pretzels though, they kill.
    I have calamine lotion & anti histamines so i'm hoping it'll take the anger out of the rash

Aw, went out with a girl with similar problems. She was even allergic to most metals and all natural clothes fibres.

Wow, all that happens to me is I gain an intimate knowledge of the contours of my bathroom floor after consuming milk products.

Aw, went out with a girl with similar problems. She was even allergic to most metals and all natural clothes fibres.
    ah - I am allergic to a lot of fabrics, wool is evil to me, a lot of man made fibres, cotton is ok though. Certain lotions/things you use on your skin etc.
    Wow, all that happens to me is I gain an intimate knowledge of the contours of my bathroom floor after consuming milk products.
    awh *hugs* I've a friend who is lactose intolerant to a degree, she hates icecream anyway so that's a plus. But likes milkybars.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

ah - I am allergic to a lot of fabrics, wool is evil to me, a lot of man made fibres, cotton is ok though. Certain lotions/things you use on your skin etc..

She just used bodyshop stuff. Everything else fúcked up her skin.

Some of that stuff is still too bleh on my skin.
    Simple are good though

I would die of a broken heart if I was told I had to give up cheese.
    Poor you Cyberwolf!

I've devolped Hayfever all of a sudden...I think it is karmic punishment for torturing my sleeping suffering buddies, with pollen as a kid though.
    So I dont really have a right to complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Things that are always a monumental pain in the a**, it took me three months to figure out I have apperntly become lactose intolerant. I miss pizza.

My stomach seems to have decided lately that if I drink milk that it's an excuse to become horribly nauseous for several hours. I'm just hoping that it doesn't end up stopping me from eating cheese...

Rant for today: PROJECT AAAAAAARGH :mad: 2 weeks to go, motivation rapidly disappearing. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

im brooding over my 7day ban form AH..

also for the rash drink plenty of water and use silcocks base/ E45... i had dry skin on my upper left shoulder taht was it.. nowhere esle just the upper left should... very weird place altogether!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

im brooding over my 7day ban form AH..

also for the rash drink plenty of water and use silcocks base/ E45... i had dry skin on my upper left shoulder taht was it.. nowhere esle just the upper left should... very weird place altogether!
    ohhh bold! a ban for what??

i only ever got infracted over in AH

Advertisement