Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Ugh.

Back from the US, which cost way more than it should have - thank you hyperinflation and exchange rate, you really helped on that count >_>

Now I'm home, stony broke (and about to head into debt) and not even on the dole as I can't sign on. Why not? Car is dead. Did I say that the entire family has crippling gastroenteritis? I'm the only able-bodied person and I can't even go down the shops to buy some food without the car, and the cupboards are now pretty bare as I'm still able to eat stuff.

Its days like this I get really pissed about not getting anything for being my mother's primary carer. Because the only things that qualify for Carer's Allowance is paraplegia or extreme mental illness. Brain damage doesn't count. And there's no such thing as a half rate, and never will be. I just love how Ireland has always had quite the hatred for its disabled citizens :rolleyes:

I want to hurt someone. Preferably someone in the Cabinet and fatally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

Hugs Sol- it's not just Ireland that's uncaring. and unreasonable. I took care of my mom and worked full time to support us and I couldn't even claim her
    as a dependent on my taxes. Life is not fair, just have to roll with the punches. Hope your family is better soon. Hugs to you Sol hope things get mended quick.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Solitaire wrote: »
    Ugh.

Back from the US, which cost way more than it should have - thank you hyperinflation and exchange rate, you really helped on that count >_>

Now I'm home, stony broke (and about to head into debt) and not even on the dole as I can't sign on. Why not? Car is dead. Did I say that the entire family has crippling gastroenteritis? I'm the only able-bodied person and I can't even go down the shops to buy some food without the car, and the cupboards are now pretty bare as I'm still able to eat stuff.

Its days like this I get really pissed about not getting anything for being my mother's primary carer. Because the only things that qualify for Carer's Allowance is paraplegia or extreme mental illness. Brain damage doesn't count. And there's no such thing as a half rate, and never will be. I just love how Ireland has always had quite the hatred for its disabled citizens :rolleyes:

I want to hurt someone. Preferably someone in the Cabinet and fatally.

I am sorry to hear this Solitaire :( , have you other family living near you at all that could maybe assist in some/any way? It seems shocking that one does shoulder this by oneself.

When you say your car is dead - can it be repaired or is it wrote-off by you? Hope you can gain access to another in the interim though as that would be some release of pressure surely.

*hugs to you Solitaire* :)

I'd give you access to a car if you needed one until your own one is back on the road, if you were anywhere in Munster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

kerry4sam wrote: »
    I
    I'd give you access to a car if you needed one until your own one is back on the road, if you were anywhere in Munster.

That's really nice of you Sam! :eek::)

(I don't think Solitaire's from Munster though..)

Leeg17 wrote: »
    That's really nice of you Sam! :eek::)

(I don't think Solitaire's from Munster though..)

Yeah no-one should shoulder that though on their own so any assistance could help you know :).

Solitaire lists Meath now that you mention it but :confused: who knows! It may help if they could travel some way. Option there for you Solitaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

Confused.com. Guy who showed hardly any interest in me snapped at me tonight because I now have a boyfriend. I feel horribly guilty but at the same time..meh? I actually don't know how to feel :P

But.. BLARRRRGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

You hollered?! :D :P Morning anyone that's here btw. :)

Confused.com. Guy who showed hardly any interest in me snapped at me tonight because I now have a boyfriend. I feel horribly guilty but at the same time..meh? I actually don't know how to feel :P

But.. BLARRRRGH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

F**k my family

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Car is now fixed, all I have to worry about now is money, and I should be able to at least start fixing that come Monday.
    DB21 wrote: »
    F**k my family

...I'd rather not.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

Solitaire wrote: »
    Car is now fixed, all I have to worry about now is money, and I should be able to at least start fixing that come Monday.

...I'd rather not.

:pac:

Glad things seem to be looking up a little.. hugs x x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

Bah.
    Was back at the doctors today. Still not getting better. He put my on steroids and more antibiotics.
    Wants me to take another week off work but I can't afford to. If I do than I'll be getting social certs and I know from being off with swine flu last year that the max they pay isn't half of my weekly wage!
    So it's back to work Wednesday even though I still feel like ****!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

Sorry to hear that Sarah. Hope you get better soon

sarahbro wrote: »
    Bah.
    Was back at the doctors today. Still not getting better. He put my on steroids and more antibiotics.
    Wants me to take another week off work but I can't afford to. If I do than I'll be getting social certs and I know from being off with swine flu last year that the max they pay isn't half of my weekly wage!

seriously? Don't push yourself back to work though. You'll know yourself if the risk is just too high when you do return. Oh gosh! I hope you Get Well Soon though

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqaoBjbNK-QvscH-NKQZ-hWzsau8REoa4SAjaNzW8xqeOMqOw_

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

sarahbro wrote: »
    Bah.

That's lousy! I didn't get paid for sick days in my old job, so many times I'd be hanging over the till ready to die, just couldn't afford the day off.

Hopefully things improve tonight and tomorrow night for you.

Ugh I either need someone to write my paper for me or whip me a little every time I get distracted!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Sorry you're still feeling ill, Sarah. xxxx
    get_well_soon_comment_graphic_09.gif

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Feel like I can't get a handle on life at all! Today totally sucks. It's probably the tiredness but seriously pissed off and anxious at the moment!

Feel like I can't get a handle on life at all! Today totally sucks. It's probably the tiredness but seriously pissed off and anxious at the moment!

I get it too! Hopefully will pass after a good night sleep :)

I am very anxious right now though. Sent off my section of a group paper the other day, and the other girl sent an email to the group apologizing that hers is late and crappy because she was under the impression she was doing section 1 not me. I am 100% sure we agreed on me doing section 1, I remember I said I would have it done early so she could work off it, and I remember asking specific questions on parts I was unclear of. But now she's accusing me of being wrong and her part being crap :( And I have too many other things to do right now to try and fix it.

I wanna crawl under a blanket and hide from college work :(

I am running out of places on the internet to have this rant. Stop calling it long distance if you are only a few hours apart!!!!

I am running out of places on the internet to have this rant. Stop calling it long distance if you are only a few hours apart!!!!
    I can understand that it sucks for people not to see their boyfriend as much as they'd like, but if, for example, you live in Dublin and he lives in Kildare it is not long distance- unless you are a girl snail and he is a boy snail. :rolleyes: :pac:

I have to reply to your long distance gripe Princess. I respect that that it is your own opinion Princess however I have to disagree with you. I understand your own relationship is presently transatlantic however I strongly feel that couples within Ireland are in their own long distance relationships and should receive recognition of such. For example if someone in Cork is seeing somebody up in Belfast I personally would call that long distance. Granted it might not be as long distance as in your own relationship however they too can encounter stress over difficulties meeting up and having time together. I feel that "a few hours apart" is a bit dismissive as the distance to be travelled is hardly only around the corner and should not be considered normal or not to be complained about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

jammstarr wrote: »
    I have to reply to your long distance gripe Princess. I respect that that it is your own opinion Princess however I have to disagree with you. I understand your own relationship is presently transatlantic however I strongly feel that couples within Ireland are in their own long distance relationships and should receive recognition of such. For example if someone in Cork is seeing somebody up in Belfast I personally would call that long distance. Granted it might not be as long distance as in your own relationship however they too can encounter stress over difficulties meeting up and having time together. I feel that "a few hours apart" is a bit dismissive as the distance to be travelled is hardly only around the corner and should not be considered normal or not to be complained about.
    I has seen people less than an hour apart having a hard time keeping up a relationship.

I agree with your example Jamm... my friend lived in Derry and her boyfriend in Dublin and it was certainly long distance imo, she could only come home every second weekend at most. But I did know a guy from Dublin who's girlfriend lived in Maynooth and used to call it 'long distance!' :confused:

It must be hard for someone who is an ocean apart from their partner to listen to someone complain that their boyfriend/girlfriend is a 2-3 hour drive away though! I can understand where Princess Peach is coming from in that respect. :)

Posy wrote: »
    It must be hard for someone who is an ocean apart from their partner to listen to someone complain that their boyfriend/girlfriend is a 2-3 hour drive away though! I can understand where Princess Peach is coming from in that respect. :)

No doubt, I can understand where she's coming from and it in itself is a justified complaint. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

I miss my girlfriend. Shes staying home to help her sister tonight so Im in our flat on my own.

I HATE being alone at night.

argh.

Procrastination is a harsh mistress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Procrastination could be a Master/Mister so it could Jamm! :P Who knows?!

I haz the sicks........ :( Feel awful. :( Feel like puking, tummy hurting for no explicable reason, feel really cold and have the shivers too, it feels frrricking frrreeeeeeziiinggg. Brrrrrrr. Yuckkkk....... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭sarahbro

I haz the sicks........ :( Feel awful. :( Feel like puking, tummy hurting for no explicable reason, feel really cold and have the shivers too, it feels frrricking frrreeeeeeziiinggg. Brrrrrrr. Yuckkkk....... :(
    Oh that sounds nasty :(
    Hope you feel better soon xx

Poor Confussed

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hope ya feel better soon Dottie!!;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

I just don't like people about 85% of the time, so that is my contribution to this. :)

Advertisement