Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I went to the vets over a month ago as my dog had an "infection" on one of his testicles. The infection was sorted by neutering my fella and that was grand, didn't like him losing his manhood but that was the best option for him.

Went to the vet two weeks ago as lumps started appearing on my dogs back. He was worsening in terms of energy etc. so I put this down to a lack of testosterone and my dog just readjusting to that but anyways I'm not a vet so I went to the vets again to make sure he was alright and he said it was simply an allergic reaction (non-specific to what) and to give him some pills and that'll sort the problem out.

Dog still unwell after giving him the pills for two weeks, so yesterday I said fcuk it he still isn't right I'll try a different vet and see what he says. Go to the new vet and straight away the vet says it was cancer after looking at the lumps on my dogs back. He said that the cancer had spread from his testicle, which the other vet had simply marked as just an infection.

Now I know that even if the first vet had got the diagnosis right it wouldn't have changed much in terms of what I have to do with my dog tomorrow as it was an aggressive form of cancer. What pisses me off majorly is the fact my dog had to go through over a month of pain for no reason other than the incompetence of the first vet not looking after my dog properly.

The poor lad could have been spared the pain he has been going through the last few weeks and could have gone out in a nice matter but that was robbed of him as a fcuking vet couldn't do his job.

The incompetence of individuals at times to do their job would make you cry. Anyways there's my brooding token used this year :) Rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

HazDanz wrote: »
    I went to the vets over a month ago as my dog had an "infection" on one of his testicles. The infection was sorted by neutering my fella and that was grand, didn't like him losing his manhood but that was the best option for him.

Went to the vet two weeks ago as lumps started appearing on my dogs back. He was worsening in terms of energy etc. so I put this down to a lack of testosterone and my dog just readjusting to that but anyways I'm not a vet so I went to the vets again to make sure he was alright and he said it was simply an allergic reaction (non-specific to what) and to give him some pills and that'll sort the problem out.

Dog still unwell after giving him the pills for two weeks, so yesterday I said fcuk it he still isn't right I'll try a different vet and see what he says. Go to the new vet and straight away the vet says it was cancer after looking at the lumps on my dogs back. He said that the cancer had spread from his testicle, which the other vet had simply marked as just an infection.

Now I know that even if the first vet had got the diagnosis right it wouldn't have changed much in terms of what I have to do with my dog tomorrow as it was an aggressive form of cancer. What pisses me off majorly is the fact my dog had to go through over a month of pain for no reason other than the incompetence of the first vet not looking after my dog properly.

The poor lad could have been spared the pain he has been going through the last few weeks and could have gone out in a nice matter but that was robbed of him as a fcuking vet couldn't do his job.

The incompetence of individuals at times to do their job would make you cry. Anyways there's my brooding token used this year :) Rant over.

Jezuz I am sorry both you and your dog had to go through all that. And I am sorry you are going to have to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Can you do something about the vets incompetence - like if it was a doctor you could report them to the medical council or somesuch, is there something like that that covers vetinary practice. He should most deffo not be let near other people's pets with that level of incompetence.

hdowney wrote: »
    Jezuz I am sorry both you and your dog had to go through all that. And I am sorry you are going to have to say goodbye to a beloved pet. Can you do something about the vets incompetence - like if it was a doctor you could report them to the medical council or somesuch, is there something like that that covers vetinary practice. He should most deffo not be let near other people's pets with that level of incompetence.

According to the vet yesterday he said that when it was just at the stage where it was basically his testicle at him it would have been a little harder to diagnose, but when he asked were the lumps on his back like this two weeks ago when I was with the other vet and I said yes they were, he started shaking his head a couple of times at the idiocy of the other vet.

Tbh I want to put him down tomorrow and move on rather than get embroiled in a veterinary board fight, even though it has crossed my mind. I might look at it again when I'm not pissed/sad and have a more calm approach to things :o

And thanks for your condolences :)

According to the vet yesterday he said that when it was just at the stage where it was basically his testicle at him it would have been a little harder to diagnose, but when he asked were the lumps on his back like this two weeks ago when I was with the other vet and I said yes they were, he started shaking his head a couple of times at the idiocy of the other vet.

Tbh I want to put him down tomorrow and move on rather than get embroiled in a veterinary board fight, even though it has crossed my mind. I might look at it again when I'm not pissed/sad and have a more calm approach to things :o

And thanks for your condolences :)

I can completely understand wanting to move on rather than keep at it, which keeps the pain raw. Maybe when you have had a chance to heal you might decide to persue it. I wish I hadn't been a kid when I had my own issues with a vet (not in quite the same league) cos I might have persued it then. Animals are just as important.

:)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thats bloodly awful,I'm real sorry to hear that sir,I hope you'll be ok

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭DB21

Sorry to hear that man. I had to put my dog to sleep about 18 months ago after having him for 13 years. It's a horrible thing to do :(

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Sorry to hear that HazDanz! I'd be gutted if anything happened to either of my furbabies! :(

Thats bloodly awful,I'm real sorry to hear that sir,I hope you'll be ok

I'll be fine wants it's done tomorrow. It's watching them put the stuff into him that's going to get to me.
    DB21 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that man. I had to put my dog to sleep about 18 months ago after having him for 13 years. It's a horrible thing to do :(

I've had my lab for ten years now, grew up around him so ending things with him is hurting. Happy though to end it now before he's even more of a shadow of himself.

Thanks for the comments lads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,805 ✭✭✭jammstarr

That sounds well rough HazDanz :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That's awful, HazDanz. I'm so sorry to hear all that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

That's awful man. We had a similar situation with our dog a couple of years ago, Vet even done the same thing, lobbed his balls off for seemingly no other reason than he couldn't be bothered to do his job properly. Ended up going to a second vet same as you and he had to be put down. Cheeky bastard, the first vet had the gall to send us a bill a few months later, needless to say he didn't see a cent, he's lucky i didn't wring his neck tbh.

I thought you needed to be intelligent to become a vet like?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

sorry to hear about your dog HazDanz x

I got some horrible news this morning, my best friend's mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. Just had a good cry :(

LizT wrote: »
    sorry to hear about your dog HazDanz x

I got some horrible news this morning, my best friend's mother passed away after a long battle with cancer. Just had a good cry :(

Sorry to hear that Liz :(

Sorry for your loss, LisT. That's awful news. :( xxx

LizT wrote: »

So sorry to hear that Liz

Had a full on meltdown today. Thank god my mam is able to put up with my crap.

You doing ok now man?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry to hear the bad news folks, hope you're all doing okay!;)

jammstarr wrote: »
    You doing ok now man?

Better now. Still have to see someone about it though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Been there, done that many times. I really need to get my mother something nice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

F sake - come home after a terrible 14 hour day at work and want to unwind with a little friendly banter in AH and it is all serious threads about BS I don't care about and will get chastised for trying to make any kind of a joke of.

sorry if this is not the place for this but...F sake.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

There's a horrible atmosphere in work lately... I'm so fed up of it. Seems like everyone just wants to bite my head off! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

There's a horrible atmosphere in work lately... I'm so fed up of it. Seems like everyone just wants to bite my head off! :(

Bite back... Or make some rocky road, with laxative in it... ;)

Cyber_hug.gif

Sorry to hear that. xx
    133078837168.jpg

I am feeling really, really crappy today. Thought I had a handle on the mood swings, cause the ups were lasting longer, but I'm on one hell of a down right now :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,082 ✭✭✭BadGirl

I am feeling really, really crappy today. Thought I had a handle on the mood swings, cause the ups were lasting longer, but I'm on one hell of a down right now :/

Sorry you are feeling bad DB21, I hope you feel better soon x x

6371.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

That rabbit looks preggers! :eek: Sorry just have to say. :o

Being pregnant isn't that terrible! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I don't think I said it was terrible did I?! :confused: Have you kiddies posy? :)

• Advertisement

God no- that would be terrible! :pac: :pac:

Advertisement