Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭Scar Tissue

Tell him to cop on, brother!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I need to get my meds adjusted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I haz all teh sneezes..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Ah lads, it's cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Who is giving you the cold shoulder?

When do your exams start? Try not to let them faze you, you are more than capable for them. You know this stuff, you are smart and you just need to keep your mind calm and everything will go fine

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Thanks H :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

This guy in my class just came in to my study room to annoy me, tried to diagnose me with ADD.

Well excuuuuuuuuuse me Hulk Hogan, I didn't know you got a medical degree before deciding to do an Masters in Business.

PS, you look like a douche with that tache.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

tCa2a.jpg

Boardsie Zombie Hunters?!? :pac::D:eek:

Bf is going to the doctor tomorrow. Was meant to go to see him but he doesn't want me to because he'll not feeling well. Probably sounds silly but we're 2 years together on Tuesday and I was really looking forward to seeing him before then because I won't be able to see him on the day and I don't know when I can see him next. I feel like sh*t now because I feel selfish.

• Advertisement

I have a major 2-day-headache and I can't even frickin' think straight! :(:/ It went away for a while and came back again but I was doing something or eating something at the time it came back and I can't for the life of me remember what in the hell I was at!!! :rolleyes: My memory is gone to shreds! :rolleyes::pac:

I haz a bored...... :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I know how you feel miss dottie......................

Awwww :)

I'm a mess. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭Thumby

What's up pp? You ok?

Ah I'm okay.. My poor doggy is not well. :(

Weird the way things happen. We're adopting the new dog tomorrow and think we might be losing the other. We do have another dog so the new one will have a friend..

I'm sooooooooooooooooo tired. I'd fall asleep standing up. :( And have loadsa things to do, loose-ends to tie up, and I want to tidy my house but no energy to do a tap. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

I'm sick of living in a ****ty, cold, leaking crap hole of a house on a street where I live next door to a car thief and across the road from the local drug dealer. Lets not forget the parties that the people down the street throw where I find people climbing onto and drinking on my car. Or that night some guy came bashing on my neighbours door for 2 hours threatening to beat his head in with a sledgehammer. And the fact that the houses are constantly being hit for robberies so much so that I always have to get the boyfriend to stay in the house when I go out. I don't care about possessions (I've sold most things of value to pay bills), only my dog (who I found abandoned only a few feet away from my house nearly 2 years ago!).

And lets not forget that I had my deposit for my house all saved up before the godawful company I worked for bullied me out of work and left me in such a state that I had a mental breakdown and am only now, 2 years later able to start thinking about getting work. Saved money of course is all gone now, I had to use it to survive.

I just want to live somewhere that's warm!! Somewhere that doesn't leak or you don't have to kick the doors to open them and where I can leave my cat and dog indoors without worrying that the ceiling is going to fall in on them!!!

/rant

*hugs for Bubblefett*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

That's rough Bubblefett :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Leadamp

I was going to post something but compared to bubblefetts post I will just sound whiny

Post away Leadamp. Some problems may on a larger scale be bigger and more important than others alright, but, the purpose of the Thread I feel, is for all any/all sorts/types of problems either big and small that you would like write about. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭GCU Flexible Demeanour

I really don't have a problem. I'm just home from a moderately boring office Christmas do, with a vague feeling that it was trying too much to be like previous years only anyone with sense has left and we couldn't help noticing their absence in the few awkward silences at different points.

But nothing that wouldn't be cured by working with a dozen people that actually wanted to achieve some common objective together. Is that too much to aspire to in 2013?

Should have gone for a last pint in the Long Hall, but I only thought of that now.

I have a really bad headache with an un-usually/strange/random freezing-cold forehead to touch which is giving me the chills all over. Meh. And my wrist is really sore too. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poor miss dottie :'(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Well... with this kind of a start to the New Year, I think the sensible thing to do would be to eat a shotgun and save the universe a job :(

Car sabotaged by <<CENSORED>>. Gardai sigh and say it was <<CENSORED>> and that they're dying to do them but there's no way to prove it in a court of law. Mechanic swears he'd throttle <<CENSORED>> to death if he got his hands on them. Spend most of Christmas Shopping Month (forgotten its name at this point) not shopping or indeed having a car. Car is finally fixed, everyone in family comes down sick with the stomach bug. Even the dog. Dad gets really sick, have to rush him to hospital (chest infection). I get really sick, have to rush myself to GP (throat infection). Dog gets really sick, have to rush it to emergency vet (mystery infection). There may have been some kind of festive celebration around this time, but I can't remember what it was. Never really got the time to think about it. Oh yeah! My uncle had a seizure out of the blue, one bad enough to stroke him out and make him lose most of his memories, and a Boardsie friend lost his newborn as well :(

And that was only last month.

Less than three months after one of our cats dies (in a rather horrific fashion) of total renal failure, my beloved dog of 12 years has just been put to sleep during surgery as it turns out she was a lot sicker than anyone thought, and her ovarian cancer - which, like most ovarian cancers in any mammal, was asymptomatic and went undiagnosed - spread to her adrenal glands and throughout her body. At which point it stopped being asymptomatic, but presented more like a bad infection and was only confirmed during exploratory surgery.

For the past couple of weeks our dog has been increasingly sick, but each time she had been given antibiotics she magically perked up just minutes later and today when we brought her to the vet she was her usual perky vet-hating self. Even though almost everyone in the family had a terrible feeling about today, her normal behaviour over the last few days makes it even more... <<UNTRANSLATABLE INTO WORDS>> ...that we'll never see her again. Words just fail to describe how we all feel tonight, but "bereavement" barely even scratches the surface. Anyone thinking I've gone a bit mushy if not soft in the head at this point... yeah, just go f*** yourselves. You've clearly not had a dog before, or if you had, you're also a sociopath.

Over the last three months every single time I wondered how things could get any worse God would carefully oblige and sh!t upon my family from a great height. At this point we've managed to lose, well, basically a family member, just two days into 2013. I honestly don't think me or my father will survive this year, in the literal sense. Not the way things keep working out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

All I can say is I want to hug you so much. I am so sorry all this has happened to you. I completely understand the pain of losing a beloved pet like that (unfortunately went through it twice :( ) and so for that you have my sympathies, as useless as they are. All the platitudes in the world won't make you feel better, so I just envelope you in a hug and tell you I am here if you want to talk.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Oh Sol! :( *hugs* That all sounds incredibly horrendous! If there is anything I can do just holler!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Solitaire, I don't know you but if ou ever need to PM someone to talk, feel free to. It's sometimes easier to talk to a stranger.

I think it's important you talk to someone about how you're feeling.

Advertisement