Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Myself and my bf broke up yesterday. I'm absolutely devastated and heartbroken. I feel empty. But it had been coming and neither of us wanted to hurt the other so we kept going when we probably should have finished months ago. Right now I feel like it's going to take a very long time for me to be okay again. :(

Sorry to hear that xPPx

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Thanks Hugo. I'll be okay eventually. I'll always love him I think because they say you always love your first love.

Struggling today :'(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Feeling monumentally pissed off right now, and I'm not really sure why.

Hugs for Denny.

• Advertisement

Felt very low during the week and broke down crying at one point when it all got a bit much. It's been building up for a while and the added stress of college hadn't helped at all. However I feel a bit better since though. I'll be following up with my doctor to see if anything can be done as I want to get better and move past this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Felt very low during the week and broke down crying at one point when it all got a bit much. It's been building up for a while and the added stress of college hadn't helped at all. However I feel a bit better since though. I'll be following up with my doctor to see if anything can be done as I want to get better and move past this.

If you ever need to talk sir you know where I am

If you ever need to talk sir you know where I am

Much obliged Sir :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Was interesting today, had my most severe panic attack today. Nearly passed out.

Hope you're both feeling better Hugo and Itzy. x

I wish I knew how long it was going to take me to get over all this and get over him. I know we can't go back so I know I have to but it's so hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Hugo, my dear, please get in touch at any point if you feel like it. I'll be all too happy to listen and help as much as I can.

Itzy wrote: »
    Was interesting today, had my most severe panic attack today. Nearly passed out.

I feel your pain there. Panic attacks are petrifying experiences. Hope you're feeling better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I know the pain of a break up. It will get better with time sweetie, as long as it may take. You'll be much wiser for it and you know we girls are here for a chat.

SueBoom wrote: »
    I feel your pain there. Panic attacks are petrifying experiences. Hope you're feeling better.

I'm feeling good now, but I was quite worried earlier today.

This isn't as much of a prominent problem as it was a few days ago but no doubt it will be again soon so I feel the need to vent. This is going to be less brooding, more having a good auld rant. I'm going to put it here if that's okay with everyone. Well, it's going to happen either way. :p And the only reason it'll be so long is because I never really talk about this so best to get a fair amount of it out.

Just to make this clear and get it out of the way because this is about my mother, she isn't a bad person by any stretch of the imagination, she's actually quite a nice person beneath it all and we do have periods of time where we get on like a house on fire and of course, she's my mam, I love her BUT for the most part she is unbearable to live with. She is such a passive aggressive, bitter woman. She's never said it herself but I can tell you she is a woman that did not want children but that was just what you did back then, you got married and had children, unfortunately for her I suppose. I have never witnessed such blatant resentment. You can imagine that it's gets a bit tense in this house with my mam's resentment coming out in bouts of anger involving slamming doors, screaming matches with my brother, I usually get the silent treatment (the very same used by hormonal teenagers indeed) because I refuse to allow her to start arguments with me and I'm the only one that will tell her to give it a f*cking rest if I have to. She doesn't have me under her thumb and she doesn't know how to deal with that. This is a house filled with guilt also, this fear that we're all going to leave her by herself. I dread the day I find myself in a good enough position to finally be able to move out, that will be an uphill battle. I lived in Australia for almost a year in 2011, I was very reliable in the sense that I kept in touch through Skype and phone calls once, maybe even twice a week and when we did talk there was always an element of making me feel guilty that I wasn't at home with her. By the end, part of the reason I left and came home was because of that, I felt bloody terrible and I shouldn't have. There's very little in the way of emotional support, my decision to go back to college is met with her saying “Will you actually finish it this time?” or her wary nature when I meet a guy, her worry about me leaving again no doubt. She never seems to be happy for me or any of us when something good happens. I swear to god, the woman lives to complain, she is the absolute master at finding something to complain about. She wants sympathy, she wants people to think she has this horribly hard life. I think she's just so used this miserable demeanor that she doesn't know how else to be. I'm not saying she's had it easy, our dad passed away when I was a kid, one of my brothers is mentally handicapped so he can be difficult, I do not underestimate her struggles and hardships. But if there was a ever a sense of comradery in this house sh*t would actually get done is more productive and positive manner. But no, she'd rather scream and shout and make everyone feel like crap because that's one of the biggest problems with my mam, if she feels bad everyone else has to too and she works very hard to make that happen. I do worry that one of these days I'll crack and cause a huge rift between us, there's only so far you can be pushed. There's probably more but I've taken up enough space here as it is. Go raibh maith agat.

Rant over.

Well done for getting that off your chest Sue. It mustn't have been easy.

Itzy wrote: »
    Well done for getting that off your chest Sue. It mustn't have been easy.

Cheers. Always good to partake in the vent-age.

Any time and if you need to PM someone, let me know :)

Ah, you're too kind, I certainly will. Thanks! :D

Your welcome :D

• Advertisement

I'm struggling with all this, waking up 3 or 4 times a night, taking ages to fall asleep and she thinks it's ok to yell at me about clothes. Just give me a break please. I'm trying to get over him.

I know how you feel. It always seems to be family who know how to hurt you the worst.

Definitely. She was just in a mood and I was in no state to deal with it so I just stayed in my room. I didn't want to be alone but I didn't want a fight either.

I don't like that feeling of not wanting to be alone, but until to be in someones presence.

I don't like it either. It's like I don't want anyone else to leave or something.

Just hope you're feeling better now.

I am feeling a little better, thanks. I know it's just going to take time.

Little up and downs are to be expected but from what you've been saying PP, it sounds like you're doing really well. Glad to hear it! :)

I'm doing okay. Lot better than I thought. Things will be hard for a good while but I'm taking things day by day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm taking things day by day.

That's the best way to do it miss paws :)

Advertisement