Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

Tbh, it's not that bad! Not as bad as some people make it out to be! Got flown back to Ireland to recuperate so a bit of molly coddling* by mammy helping.

*Apple crumble on demand. Yes, I'm the mid-twenties man child!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I too am a man child :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭discus

I'm assuming you draw the same amount of stick as I do for boomeranging back home every time theres a drama!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hope you feel better soon :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Found out last night that my younger brother passed away. I hope the numb feeling passes soon. Just can't believe he's gone

• Advertisement

I am so sorry to hear that :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Was quite awful having the police show up at my door an hour before i was due at work.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Found out last night that my younger brother passed away. I hope the numb feeling passes soon. Just can't believe he's gone

Oh Wolfie! :( Big *hugs* I know we're all geographically a long way from you but we're here if there is anything we can do!

I just need to keep my brain distracted for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

So so sorry to hear that Wolfie. R.I.P. :(

• Advertisement

I know he is in a better place now.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sorry for your loss Cyberwolf77 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm so sorry wolfie.. we're all here if you need us. PM open if you need a chat. X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Wolfie, I'm so sorry for you and your sorry family's loss. Take care of yourself and don't hesitate to get in touch if you need to, any time.

Thanks one and all for the support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

so sorry to hear that wolfie:( *hugs*

Thanks smiler. Just trying to work things through in my head now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really sorry to hear that,were all here for ya,if you need us.

Well I had the extreme un-fair?!? mis-fortune of having me dress held up in the middle of a busy street on a fairly-bright-evening it was too just to add to the effects like :rolleyes: and likely touched God-knows-where by an aaaaaam how-shall-I-put-it, by an uniquely over-zealous guy who wanted to take a photo of my ass!! - Reason-being because he has no partner/gf/wife. :rolleyes: Only be my luck of course!! :mad: )

Only avoided it because I grabbed the phone off him, to discover, that, such an occurrence seems to be a regular hobby of his!! :( To then discover, said guy has a record of such similar activity and warnings received about it in the past with the emphasis placed on him going to jail the next time it happened. Stir in a quick visit to the Police Station, (accompanied by a lovely lovely friendly Boardsie) as ya do of a random evening with extra spice?!? complete with physical evidence of continuous activities of this nature, only to be informed that nothing could be done due to said delightful guy being in one of the 2 categories of non-convicting, one being under-7s. :rolleyes: Well it got put on record anyway and presence of adult supervision will now be required, and further phone-use will be shall-we-say seriously curtailed. At least did something about it anyway and it's isolated and preventative now so it hopefully shouldn't happen to another poor girl again. Not very pleasant at all. :(

Thennnn got bite to eat, thennnn had to go back and change out of my ew grubby clothes. :eek: Then went to meet a few lovely Boardsies peeps off tha tinternetz. :) Aaaaand then managed to stand in Cattle-macs Super-macs acting normally without freaking out over drunken people rubbing up against me!! :o Still like my food! Aaanddd then stood in Taxi-rank with a load of lads hanging out of me and managed that okay without shrieking at them!! (Was hoping I wouldn't get a Taxi-driver that may be of a culture of over-friendliness because I might just have dived out of the Taxi at that stage!! But Taxi-driver was grand.)

Oh well could be worse shure!! :/ Could be better too but could always be worse! :confused: (Only good thing to come out of it is am deffo so so glad that didn’t say arra it’s okay it’ll be grand and do nothing about it and just leave it. If I did I’d be black blue n’ purple now with the bruises of kicking myself over it! :D ) Can't complain about it being dull or un-eventful anyway!!

But am sad now 'cuz when walking around having seen loads of groups of girls in flying-form, if anything happened to one of them in their group they'd be all vocal!! All guns blazing!! And then loads of shiny happy couples practically entertwined floating around the place! The guy would box him if anything happened to his girl! :( (I now see that arms draped over each other in a couple would certainly put any chancer off entertaining thoughts of trying anything funny on with either of the couple!) But anyway just couldn't or wouldn't have let anything happen to myself so at least it didn't! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Sorry, only seeing this now. My condolences to you. I hope you find some solace and comfort in the coming weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I'm sick, but couldn't take the day off.

And I have to do overtime, for free :(

I'm sick, but couldn't take the day off.

And I have to do overtime, for free :(

That sucks! Do you *have* to do the overtime? Could you even do it another day?

Nah has to be today.

I'll try not to die!

I'll try not to die!

Thank you, you'd be missed if you did!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nah has to be today.

I'll try not to die!

Ya don't die :'(

Ya don't die :'(

+1 Stay!

People gave me chocolates and jellies and I'm actually feeling better!

I think its a virus I had before, hope I can get out of work on time tomorrow to see a doctor :/

Is this gonna become our old haunt now?! :D:confused:

I think I'll go visit Latveria. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I am so sick & tired of trying to keep everyone i know happy,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Ah god cyber that's absolutely awful to hear. :( Look after yourself man.

Advertisement