Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Stupid irrational pining for my ex. I'm over her, but I've spent the last hour reminiscing about the good times, which is counterproductive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

I don't have Twitter. Am I missing out?
    Twitter and Facebook are lost on me - I just don't get it. :o
    Stupid irrational pining for my ex. I'm over her, but I've spent the last hour reminiscing about the good times, which is counterproductive.
    Done that mysellf today :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

I only use Twitter to follow a few of my favourite musical artists and some celebrities who I fancy the pants off of (Zooey Deschanel mmmmmm). Otherwise I never tweet anything and none of my friends really use it at all.

Even Facebook I couldn't be bothered with much these days. I only use it to wish people a happy birthday if I can't do so in person and for event invitations. I haven't even changed my profile photo in about 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Me neither! I don't feel like I'm missing out though. I went on it one time (I may actually have an account, I don't even remember if I made one or not), but the impression that I got is that it's for more for celebrities to post their random thoughts and fans comment on the off chance that the celebrity will actually reply to them. I guess if there's a celebrity you really you might find it worthwhile, but I've never been into that type of thing of hanging onto a famous persons every word...

I'm also using facebook less these days, but I still like it for 'backing up' my photos and for group emails. For some reason people are just more inclined to respond to a facebook mail than a regular one! Or maybe that's just my friends :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

TommieBoy wrote: »
    Twitter and Facebook are lost on me - I just don't get it. :o

Done that mysellf today :/
    woodchuck wrote: »
    Me neither! I don't feel like I'm missing out though. I went on it one time (I may actually have an account, I don't even remember if I made one or not), but the impression that I got is that it's for more for celebrities to post their random thoughts and fans comment on the off chance that the celebrity will actually reply to them. I guess if there's a celebrity you really you might find it worthwhile, but I've never been into that type of thing of hanging onto a famous persons every word...

I'm also using facebook less these days, but I still like it for 'backing up' my photos and for group emails. For some reason people are just more inclined to respond to a facebook mail than a regular one! Or maybe that's just my friends :P

I don't use facebook or twitter yeahhhhhhhhh :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I have a thread somewhere in ranting and raving about Twitter :pac:

I also hate when people send a Facebook message instead of text or email. I rarely check there, I'm not ignoring you :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Damn people who think the world revolves around their kid. Nobody wants to see seven updates in the space of half an hour about pretty much anything, never mind your kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Feel a bit crap. I know I'm not the most attractive but more than once today I had someone rub up against me and then laugh to their friends about it. It really hurt even though they were drunk and probably thought it wouldn't matter to me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

People are dicks. Don't let the actions of some drunken tosspots get you down, they aren't worth it.

I know they're not worth it but it hurts :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Using twitteris akin to stalking.

.... I follow X

people posting inane drivel too.

I say it again, tosspots. And I'm not just saying that cause I think it sounds kinda funny.

I've gotten stuff like that before too PP, it does suck. I'm sorry it happened to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

sorry that happened to you pp, it sucks

wish i could sleep and mind wouldn't be going 90:(

Angron wrote: »
    I say it again, tosspots. And I'm not just saying that cause I think it sounds kinda funny.

I've gotten stuff like that before too PP, it does suck. I'm sorry it happened to you.

Thank you.

I walked away at the time and laughed it off but I feel sh1t now because I'm home on my own with time to think. I shouldn't take it to heart really.

It does suck.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Apologies in advance, have a feeling there's gonna be lots of Smilies! Think I managed to look half-decent for Interview this morning considering I got zero sleep last night and sound like death warmed up. :pac: I haz a really annoying horrible headache and my eyes are sore, and have a sore throat for a few days now well literally roof-of-mouth irritation which I had thought was Hayfever, but now have a tickly cough in my throat where I feel like I lose my breath! :o:o:eek: It's not nice at all. I never get sniffly things in my life, but I think I'd take a year of 'flus and headcolds rather than this miserable tickly cough thing, - can't cough, can't breathe, need to choke etc.. :( Thought I'd fecking choke in bed last night had to try sleep sitting up!! :o Same when out driving and am coughing for Ireland am afraid I'll choke! :eek::eek::o Miserable Mary at the minute. :( But cardboard-mouth and sawdust-throat ain't pleasant at all. :/ It's a sober version of a Hangover! :rolleyes: Hope everything isn't gonna go t1ts-up on me now and I get sick or something. :/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Apologies in advance, have a feeling there's gonna be lots of Smilies! Think I managed to look half-decent for Interview this morning considering I got zero sleep last night and sound like death warmed up. :pac: I haz a really annoying horrible headache and my eyes are sore, and have a sore throat for a few days now well literally roof-of-mouth irritation which I had thought was Hayfever, but now have a tickly cough in my throat where I feel like I lose my breath! :o:o:eek: It's not nice at all. I never get sniffly things in my life, but I think I'd take a year of 'flus and headcolds rather than this miserable tickly cough thing, - can't cough, can't breathe, need to choke etc.. :( Thought I'd fecking choke in bed last night had to try sleep sitting up!! :o Same when out driving and am coughing for Ireland am afraid I'll choke! :eek::eek::o Miserable Mary at the minute. :( But cardboard-mouth and sawdust-throat ain't pleasant at all. :/ It's a sober version of a Hangover! :rolleyes: Hope everything isn't gonna go t1ts-up on me now and I get sick or something. :/

Feel better dottie

Just answered someone there, am half-asleep and gave meself a fright! - it came out pure hoarse like yer man Shane MacGowan. Yippee! :rolleyes: Looks like Bronchitis it is then... :(

Dottie I love your posts! :D

Best of luck with the interview and feel better soon :) x

In other news, I can't investigate my data usage on my phone until the new month starts. In the meantime I can't make a bloody phone call.

Just answered someone there, am half-asleep and gave meself a fright! - it came out pure hoarse like yer man Shane MacGowan. Yippee!

LOL :D

Sorry for laughing :o

*gives evils* :P

• Advertisement

Wow. :confused::mad:

Wow. :confused::mad:

Wasupppp Dottie?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Perhaps I am not grasping the irony of the rant, but it sounds like you are very sick already now.

Sup dottie?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Stupid anxiety attacks. I wanna sleeeeeeeep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

have a migraine and can't sleep, have to be up early for a dentist appointment and a meeting. Typical:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Yay. Bring on the worst day of the year. Depressed as hell, father can't cope and is going mental, one good bombing run by the chavbandits will probably bring our entire house down on top of our heads. And even if I survive tonight then I shall wake up to... well, the usual jack-s***-all tomorrow morning. No place of my own, no job, no gf and all of my irl friends don't even seem to want to know me anymore. I might as well just kamikaze-run into the nearest knife-wielding lump of human excrement trying to torch the house and get it over with ._.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Solitaire wrote: »
    Yay. Bring on the worst day of the year. Depressed as hell, father can't cope and is going mental, one good bombing run by the chavbandits will probably bring our entire house down on top of our heads. And even if I survive tonight then I shall wake up to... well, the usual jack-s***-all tomorrow morning. No place of my own, no job, no gf and all of my irl friends don't even seem to want to know me anymore. I might as well just kamikaze-run into the nearest knife-wielding lump of human excrement trying to torch the house and get it over with ._.

Don't get me wrong, it is nice to have these things in our life, but ultimately, I believe we are all on our own in this life. Try not to see these things as a sign of failure or hopelessness because they are not. Relationships will come and go and so will jobs, and the only constant in this life you can depend on in this life is yourself so chin up man.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Still need to find a new apartment in the next 2 weeks :/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

What a crap day. I came to the realisation that I'm just a low paid grunt in a junior position, who will get the blame even for something that wasn't his fault (because god forbid it'd be a manager at fault right?).

I know I shouldn't give a crap as long as I know what really happened, and to hell with anyone who thinks otherwise based solely on their judgements. I'm just bloody frustrated to be in this position at this stage of my life while friends are carving out careers and building lives for themselves (seriously, two of my friends from school are getting married next year at the age of 27).

I'm not in a bad position, and I do have plans for improving my prospects, I just needed to vent.....and now I feel better already. :cool:

Advertisement