Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

@ liliq - I doubt my mam would do that. I lock the door when I'm here on my own because I have gotten stuck with him before. I sort of feel bad because he lives alone and he must be lonely. That said, 4 times a day is taking the p*ss though.

@ Ted - They were in school together. My dad just sees nothing wrong with him being here so much. He does have family but I don't think talking to them would do much good. Plus his niece just had a baby a few weeks ago, she has enough on her plate. We have said it to Dad but so far he's said nothing. Maybe he feels sorry for him, I don't know..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Visiting my family this weekend. My mam has been sick for maybe a year now, sometimes when I see her she seems much better and sometimes, like this weekend she seems even worse than ever.

I feel bad not being here as much for her, but it's so hard to be here too, not able to help her and frustrating that she's not getting any better. The stress levels are too much and I feel so guilty that I just can't wait to go home today :(

PP I'm sure she knows that you get home to see her as often as you can so don't feel bad. I know it's awful that you don't get there as often as you probably like to but you're doing your best, that's all anyone can do. Hope you're okay. x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    :o lack of teeth ,

**** imagines liliq all gummy only eating soft food ***

:( you're not far off.
    My four front teeth are gone, finding it really hard mentally. Have temporary fake teeth. Not meant to have things like that when I'm young!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

liliq wrote: »
    :( you're not far off.
    My four front teeth are gone, finding it really hard mentally. Have temporary fake teeth. Not meant to have things like that when I'm young!

OHs best friend has had all his top teeth knocked out. He only turned 20 last week. Poor guy has a set of false teeth all ready but I suppose mountain biking and acting the maggot when he was younger took it's toll :o

• Advertisement

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    OHs best friend has had all his top teeth knocked out. He only turned 20 last week. Poor guy has a set of false teeth all ready but I suppose mountain biking and acting the maggot when he was younger took it's toll :o

Eep, that actually makes me feel better! Poor guy, at least I'm not that young with falsies!

Eep, that actually makes me feel better! Poor guy, at least I'm not that young with falsies!

Yeah, I feel bad for him all right. I thought one of the worst ways he lost his tooth was smacking his mouth off the trampoline. I nearly got sick when he told me that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Nothing like falling off a ladder on a Sunday

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Yeah, I feel bad for him all right. I thought one of the worst ways he lost his tooth was smacking his mouth off the trampoline. I nearly got sick when he told me that one.

Ouch :(
    My front four got progressively looser with each head butt from the kiddo :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

*Holds Ladder for Lith.*

Am Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooorrrreeddddddd.... :/ And the Weekend is practically over anyway like. Another potentially fun-filled-weekend gone abegging. :rolleyes::(

• Advertisement

:(
    Can't even say any more than :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Whats up lil?

What's up liliq?

Ever have someone who was like a second mammy? A guy I was absolute best friends with for years, still would count him as a best friend even though we don't talk much. His mum took me in when I was at my worst with depression, she really helped me, was a real second mammy.
    I got a message from my ex, who's my friends friend still, that she died last night :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Ever have someone who was like a second mammy? A guy I was absolute best friends with for years, still would count him as a best friend even though we don't talk much. His mum took me in when I was at my worst with depression, she really helped me, was a real second mammy.
    I got a message from my ex, who's my friends friend still, that she died last night :(

So sorry to hear that Li. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Aww lil thats awful, :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

sorry to hear that lil:( *hugs* pm is open if you need to vent/chat

Thanks guys.
    Sorry for the excessively depressing offloading :(

So sorry to hear that liliq :( x

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Thanks guys.
    Sorry for the excessively depressing offloading :(

No need to be sorry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Aww God.....sorry to hear that liliq!!:( I know what that's like!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

I r so so so so so so so so sick AGAIN!

I can't believe it.

Am so fed-up, can't take being sick anymore.

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

hands dottie a big mug of tae & wraps her in a duvet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ah damn dottie, what's up? :(

Also, I am moody for being stupid again :mad:

Feel better dottie *hands dottie a cup of tae*

DarBucks wrote: »
    Ah damn dottie, what's up? :(

Also, I am moody for being stupid again :mad:

Feel better DB

what did you do?

*nosy*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Ah not much. Just a bit of crossed wires is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Feeling so crappy today. Life sucks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

AAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!!

F*cking mother telling me its about time i put down the phone and got off the wifi coz the phone bill has gone up since i came back. Then say it to me nicely and ill fupping well pay for it! Not yell at me from across the room..!

F*ck me it went up like twenty quid, terribly sorry if im not content with watching soaps from half five to 9 every night!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭FollatonWood

Woke up early, decided had time for a few more mins in the leaba...

But sure don't you know, I got up only to realise I'd lost my bank card; spent half hour looking for it and was late for my bus; left my umbrella ON the bus (thanks to the guy who ran after me with it though!); was 20 min late for work, then realised I forgot my belt, and now I'm pretty sure I've a kidney infection coming on too.

Not a happy bunny.

• Advertisement

Just found out tonight that my mother was in a car accident. No one is hurt thank goodness but still all the same this is her second one ever and she does not do well with shock. FFS it wasn't too long ago I was in one myself and she was the one comforting me and I only wish I could do the same and tell her it all works out. But it was my dad that rang me. She's so badly in shock she couldn't even speak on the phone. My heart is breaking for her :( I wish I could do something, I really do :(

Advertisement