Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that man, some of us just take longer trying to figure out who we are. Hell I'm 22 and am at a crossroads where I don't know what to do next.
    Replace "22" with "almost 25" and you've got me. Almost finished a CS degree, yet I can't see myself working more than a few years in IT. Blargle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

*grumbles*

I've been very moody as of late.. just being at home is really wrecking my head, yet cant get a new job to move out and on etc etc, dont want to live around here anymore.. really dont get on with anyone from where i live (big bust up two years ago, i got the blame, shunned by everyone since!).. nobody realy close around here, kinda wreck my blub to

still not talking to my mother after rowing over something silly , nearly 2 weeks now..

and i have 100 euro left in my bank account, yet spent god knows what on the CC card tonight >.< backs away from internet shopping..

moody emo , is moody..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Replace "22" with "almost 25" and you've got me. Almost finished a CS degree, yet I can't see myself working more than a few years in IT. Blargle.

Ain't hindsight a bitch? Only when I've made a decision and lived with it do I realise how ****ing stupid of a decision it was. And I never learn.
    emo!! wrote: »
    *grumbles*

I've been very moody as of late.. just being at home is really wrecking my head, yet cant get a new job to move out and on etc etc, dont want to live around here anymore.. really dont get on with anyone from where i live (big bust up two years ago, i got the blame, shunned by everyone since!).. nobody realy close around here, kinda wreck my blub to

still not talking to my mother after rowing over something silly , nearly 2 weeks now..

and i have 100 euro left in my bank account, yet spent god knows what on the CC card tonight >.< backs away from internet shopping..

It's posts like these that puts my own problems into perspective. That's a lot of crap that's been thrown at you emo. 100 euro left, do you have any kind of peer support?

no.. i dont get on with anyone around here .. not exaggerating.. i actually dont.

i just needed a rant tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

no.. i dont get on with anyone around here .. not exaggerating.. i actually dont.

No harm in having a rant.

That really sucks though. I can't really imagine how difficult things must be.

• Advertisement

Would some chocolate make you feel better?

chocolate.jpg

chocolate.jpg

Any dark chocolate?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Any dark chocolate?

591824b.jpg

No harm in having a rant.

That really sucks though. I can't really imagine how difficult things must be.

ah you get used to it , just sometimes it gets you down & need a rant :)

chocolate.jpg

why thank you , chocolate = win :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

~_^

That sounds a bit sinister to be honest Clippey. You're daughter has only entered her teenage years whereas this bloke is three years her senior at 16. Why can't he get a girlfriend his own age and not someone who has just become a teenager?:confused:

Christ that is freaking me out. My cousin is 12 in August. If a sixteen year old is dating her in a year and a half that would unsettle me greatly.

It gets better. He's seventeen in May. :eek: Smite me now O Lord. Interesting weekend. He was over twice. A nice lad but...
    I am acually having nightmares about this. :( Trying to keep all lines of communication open without telling her outright to drop him immediately.

Edit: Thanks to all of ye who posted re this. Glad to see its not the done thing with that kind of age gap as I was being led to believe:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

paperclip2 wrote: »
    It gets better. He's seventeen in May. :eek: Smite me now O Lord. Interesting weekend. He was over twice. A nice lad but...
    I am acually having nightmares about this. :( Trying to keep all lines of communication open without telling her outright to drop him immediately.

Edit: Thanks to all of ye who posted re this. Glad to see its not the done thing with that kind of age gap as I was being led to believe:rolleyes:

17 yo and 13 yo? Sorry but that really seems a bit fucced up.
    Now if they were both in their twenties or older a 4 year age difference would be meaningless. But at 13 years old, your daughter is barely out of childhood. Unless she is extremely mature for her age, you should tell her to end it and tell him to get someone his own age.

Now if they were both in their twenties or older a 4 year age difference would be meaningless. But at 13 years old, your daughter is barely out of childhood. Unless she is extremely mature for her age, you should tell her to end it and tell him to get someone his own age.

That's a good point. How mentally mature would you describe your daughter PC?

I agree, 4 years at this stage is a massive gap. So much growing up happens in this time. They seem to get that but typically dont grasp the actual reality. E.G. He went to a house-party on Saturday night she would not have been allowed to go, fair enough she knew better than to ask. But she was glued to the mobile waiting for him to ring or text all night. I REALLY dont like seeing that. Its not healthy at any age but less so at 13.

That's a good point. How mentally mature would you describe your daughter PC?

She's actually quite mature for her age. Which is part of the flippin problem. Most of the lads in her year she writes off as being 'immature'. She is very bright and has always acted older than her years. However in some things she's still very much a thirteen year old. No folks, whatever way I'm slicing this one it just looks dodgier and dodgier.

She's actually quite mature for her age. Which is part of the flippin problem. Most of the lads in her year she writes off as being 'immature'. She is very bright and has always acted older than her years. However in some things she's still very much a thirteen year old. No folks, whatever way I'm slicing this one it just looks dodgier and dodgier.

Any idea on how they met each other Clip?

Any idea on how they met each other Clip?

School - drama club.

God, How ironic!

School - drama club.

God, How ironic!

At least that's one thing that goes in his favour! Could be worse, he could have been preying on her at a youth disco or something.:pac:

At least that's one thing that goes in his favour! Could be worse, he could have been preying on her at a youth disco or something.:pac:

True. To be fair he seems to be a nice lad. But 17 is just too old for 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

True - but just becareful how you approach it (if you're going to intervene in any way). Teens being the type to do what you ask them not to!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

I'd agree, but I think you're definitely doing the right thing by not overreacting or telling her she can't go out with him. I suppose the only thing you can do is keep the lines of communication open and hope that she'll realise herself that he's not suitable for her.

Or I could always break his legs for you? :P

My rant for today is why the hell do people think it's ok to not be there for someone when they need them, cause them a ridiculous amount of heartache and then come back with some half-assed non apology and expect you to be their emotional crutch again...? Grr. Future is an angry crook.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

To my eyes it seems fairly sleazy. He's basically a man and she's basically a child.

• Advertisement

Nice lad or not, it's too much. She has just become a teenager while he is rapidly coming towards adulthood. It's a delicate situation though, whatever way you approach it your daughter will be angry.
    My rant for today is why the hell do people think it's ok to not be there for someone when they need them, cause them a ridiculous amount of heartache and then come back with some half-assed non apology and expect you to be their emotional crutch again...? Grr. Future is an angry crook.

Sounds like ya need to talk to said person and stress to him/her how you can't keeping giving without getting anything back.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    To my eyes it seems fairly sleazy. He's basically a man and she's basically a child.

Indeed, as I said before, my cousin will be twelve in August. The thought of a seventeen year old dating her in a year and a half gives me the wiggins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Indeed, as I said before, my cousin will be twelve in August. The thought of a seventeen year old dating her in a year and a half gives me the wiggins.

Well when I was 17 one of my mates started seeing a 15 year old and we all considered it a bit dodge.
    Like has been said a few years once yo're in your 20s or above means nothing since everybody's an adult. But at such a young age you get the impression that someone is taking the proverbial.

Stupid Newcastle can't even kick a ball... Aaaagh!! :mad::mad::mad:

Stupid Newcastle can't even kick a ball... Aaaagh!! :mad::mad::mad:

Ha yeah, the surreality of it all reminds me of when Leeds went down. I don't think anyone thought it would actually happen, even when it came to the last day every body thought "Leeds will get out of it some how." I was watching the game last night and I think the commentator got it right, Newcastle were toothless, and were actually lucky at times not to be losing.

Sad to see Michael Owen miss the chance he had, the Owen of old would have put that away without breaking a sweat.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ha yeah, the surreality of it all reminds me of when Leeds went down. I don't think anyone thought it would actually happen, even when it came to the last day every body thought "Leeds will get out of it some how." I was watching the game last night and I think the commentator got it right, Newcastle were toothless, and were actually lucky at times not to be losing.

Sad to see Michael Owen miss the chance he had, the Owen of old would have put that away without breaking a sweat.:(

I'm no soccer expert, far from it but always wondered where it went wrong for him. He was such a promise 10 years ago. Was it just all injuries that brought him down?

Clare Bear wrote: »
    I'm no soccer expert, far from it but always wondered where it went wrong for him. He was such a promise 10 years ago. Was it just all injuries that brought him down?

I think it was definitely a case of injuries. Some people will tell you that he lost his hunger because when he came back to England he wanted to sign with Liverpool. So Newcastle were his second choice and as a result, his heart was perhaps not in it. I don't believe that because Owen is way too much of a professional to not give it his all. I just think his time at Newcastle has been ravaged by injury rather than it being a case of him losing his hunger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I think it was definitely a case of injuries. Some people will tell you that he lost his hunger because when he came back to England he wanted to sign with Liverpool. So Newcastle were his second choice and as a result, his heart was perhaps not in it. I don't believe that because Owen is way too much of a professional to not give it his all. I just think his time at Newcastle has been ravaged by injury rather than it being a case of him losing his hunger.

Shame, remember that fast as lightning 18 year old in the World Cup 98, there was no stopping him, pity he's been plagued by so much injury, just bad luck I guess.

star-pants wrote: »
    True - but just becareful how you approach it (if you're going to intervene in any way). Teens being the type to do what you ask them not to!
    I'd agree, but I think you're definitely doing the right thing by not overreacting or telling her she can't go out with him. I suppose the only thing you can do is keep the lines of communication open and hope that she'll realise herself that he's not suitable for her.

Or I could always break his legs for you? :P
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Nice lad or not, it's too much. She has just become a teenager while he is rapidly coming towards adulthood. It's a delicate situation though, whatever way you approach it your daughter will be angry.

Thanks for the input gang. Had another chat last night after going through her phone. (I make no apologies for that, told her when she got it that I would be frisking it periodically. Privacy is a privilege especially in circs like this.) Lots of lovey dovey stuff on it. :mad: I cyber-stalked him. Rather unwise of him to keep pictures of him and his mates knacker drinking on bebo. To my face she is telling me she thinks she just wants to be friends but I dont know what she is telling him. We are having a sit down with the pair on Friday. :(

Edit: I might just take you up on your offer Futurecrook. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

This should be in parenting

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input gang. Had another chat last night after going through her phone. (I make no apologies for that, told her when she got it that I would be frisking it periodically. Privacy is a privilege especially in circs like this.) Lots of lovey dovey stuff on it. :mad: I cyber-stalked him. Rather unwise of him to keep pictures of him and his mates knacker drinking on bebo. To my face she is telling me she thinks she just wants to be friends but I dont know what she is telling him. We are having a sit down with the pair on Friday. :(

Edit: I might just take you up on your offer Futurecrook. ;)

On itself I wouldn't hold it against him as I think we've all been guilty of that (not the bit about putting it on Bebo of course, what a simpleton for doing that), but given the circumstances it just adds weight to the possible shady character of the guy.

And don't send Futurecrook, send me, she'll just botch the operation.:p:pac:

Advertisement