Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Sorry to hear that Aka. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jeez akamossy, that's horrible :( I'm so sorry :(

Nothing changes around here. Neighbour is still here four times a day, still insults me, I'm still made move if I'm sitting in his chair when he lets himself in. I can't say anything to him or I'm given out to for being rude. My parents don't seem to see that this isn't normal. It isn't normal that I feel uneasy and uncomfortable in my own house. I'm 25, I don't think I should be given less value than him because he's in his 50's. I wouldn't mind so much if he was nice, but he isn't. He's ignorant and rude. Who lets themselves into someone else's house, makes tea for themselves and sits there sprawled on one of their armchairs multiple times a day?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Awwww that's awful, miss Paw :(
    Could you possibly, as a last resort, go to your room when he shows up and do something that makes you happy? Music, books, forums for example? :)

I know it's no ideal. Ideally he should go away and stop being such a rude gob****e :mad:;)

That's exactly what I have planned, it's easier than getting irritated by him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I am actually going to murder someone I am that much in a rage. My brother in law has being staying with myself and the OH for the past two and half weeks because we live close to where he's working at the moment. I don't mind him staying but his girlfriend is another problem. She has no job and she's not getting dole. Her only income is what Brother in law gives her which isn't much. However she expects to be a kept woman and sees no problem with it whatsoever. She sits on her arse all day smoking weed and watching TV. Last Wednesday evening, I came home too find her sitting on the couch, stoned, watching Judge Judy and the room around in complete ****. She threw empty bottles and crisp packets all over the floor, two over flowing ash trays sitting up on the mantle piece, there was bowls of god knows what just left around the place, a small collection of dirty cups sitting on the table and a plate covered in ketchup on the floor. I went bezerk.

I have explained to her time and time again that I am house proud and I like to keep my house clean. I don't expect her to get out the hoover and the carpet shampoo but ffs she should have a bit of cop on and clean up after herself. She's 22 years old and I presume she's capable of the simplest of tasks :mad:

She also likes to "borrow" food. At first I didn't mind her making herself a bit of dinner but Brother in law has being buying food for themselves and has told her to make dinner from their food. Thursday evening, I was planning on making breaded chicken and sweet potato for myself and OH. I had left the chicken breasts in the sink to defrost before I left for work. But when I came home that evening the chicken had magically disappeared. I found a note on the counter from herself saying that she wanted to make chicken curry and had used the chicken in the sink and she hoped I didn't mind. I did. And I minded even more when I found out that her curry was an absolute disaster so she threw it out and left me the burnt pot to scour. :mad:

Friday evening she wanted to know if a few buddies of hers could stay the weekend and drink here. I told her no. Myself and OH were going to be staying with his dad at the weekend and I didn't fancy the idea of a few drunk seventeen to twenty year old strangers in my house while I was gone. "But sure you know my friends all ready! You know X and O, don't you? You work with their cousin!". I know them and to be quite honest with you guys I wish I didn't. They are clowns. I think they believe that Love/Hate is based on their lives. (Even though they are sons of one of the biggest farmers in the area and have probably never being two miles past a cow ****e) Still though, I don't trust them and I have heard from enough people that these two characters have very sticky fingers. I asked her to just go back to her own house. She got all moody with me and when Brother in Law arrived back from work she went crying to him about how much of a bitch I was being to her. He sided with me, telling her that she couldn't expect to have a house party in someone elses house. She got pissy with him and threw a strop about how unfair we were. I told Brother in law to take her back to her own house and keep her there! He did what he was told and before I left Friday evening I made damn sure she was gone.

But when I came back last night, there she was sitting on my couch, with a big smug smile on her face. How I didn't slap her is beyond me. I pulled Brother in law to one side and asked him what the hell was she doing back but he says that she lives with her mother and sister and that herself and her mother had a fight and she wants to stay here until things cool down between them.

OH isn't too happy about this either. She keeps asking him to give her lifts into town or to pick her friends up and bring them back here. He says no of course but still she keeps asking. She only speaks to him when she wants something and is always asking for a "lend" of money off of him. The girl is an absolute train wreck and doesn't actually give a damn what anyone thinks of her. She's a ****ing sponge and is actually happy enough being one! :mad:

I just went up to the kitchen and I found her sitting at the table eating the last of the bread in the house. I asked her was she going to replace it. "Ya know I have no money. Anyway, I'll get Y to bring home some after work". Cue us getting into an argument over her being here and she stormed off. I feel like packing all of her clothes into a black bag and throwing her out the front door. Actually I feel like butchering her and feeding her to the pigs down the road.

I know I can throw her out. I know that's what I am going to end up doing. I just don't want a massive row ensuing with my Brother in law because of her. Sorry for the long post. My head is absolutely wrecked :(

Throw the silly skank out and don't feel bad about doing so! :mad::mad:
    When staying in someone else's house you need to show some humility and be grateful. Not ask for more and more, steal some food and whine when you can't have a house party :mad:

She even pisses me off ;)

It seems to me that you, OH and brother-in-law feel the same way about her bratty antics. Maybe the three of you can talk it through? .... and tell her to live elsewhere in a nice way (not that she deserves it)? :P;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Jesus mozz she sounds like a right spoilt b to itch. From what you've said i dont think your brother in law would have an argument with ya..he seems to understand! Say it to him, im gonna tell her to leave, she doesnt appreciate being here and i want her out. Then tell her to grow up and go back to her mothers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well, at least the BIL sided with you about the house party. She seems like the sort of person you'd want to throttle after spending a short time alone with her.

Mother of God, Mozzeltoff, I'd kill her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

its monday......

I think its ok to slay on o Monday

Thanks for the replies you guys :) She was very close to being crucified to the clothes horse this morning! :/

However I am feeling a little calmer now. Just did a bit of tidying up around the place. She's gone out for a few hours with some of her friends. Longer she stays out the better.

I have discussed this with the OH and his brother. I have said it numerous amounts of times that I did not want her here constantly. I told Brother in Law that I didn't mind her being here for three or four nights a week. I am working in the same town the girl is from and I could drop her home before work and pick her up after work. It makes no difference to me. But no. That doesn't suit them.Well her.

She's constantly "fighting" with either her mother or sister and starts crying to Brother in law about how one or the two of them have kicked her out of the house. I have called Bull**** on these little sob stories before but I am just usually ignored or told to stay out of it.

OH said to his brother last week that he wanted her out. He's at the end of his tether now because she broke something of great importance to OH and tried blaming it on the cat. (she admitted in the end it was her that broke it).

Now thing of it is Brother in law keeps telling us that she's got nowhere else to go however we've pointed out that she's got lots of buddies and friends to hang around with so why can't she stay with them? Why sponge off us? But it's being falling on deaf ears apparently.

I text Brother in law earlier after the row this morning and he apologised for her behaviour. I told him straight once again that she's going and that's it. He wants us all to sit down this evening and talk about it but I know where it's going to lead. I am definitely getting her out of this house before morning. One way or the other.

One more point. My father in law hasn't being well since his wife died. I am just afraid that if we kick this bitch out, she's going to cry to him again and she'll end up at the father in laws. OH is afraid the same thing is going to happen. We don't really have much of a say who stays and goes out there but it would be really bad form if he does land her out there with his dad. It's the last thing that man needs!

Bollix!! :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Bollix!! :(

What up?

Disappointing day

What's up Sammy? :)

Didnt get the job :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

sammyjo90 wrote: »
    Didnt get the job :(

I'm so sorry to hear that SJ :(

So am i

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

sorry to hear your news sammy:( pm is there if you need to vent/chat

• Advertisement

Awh no :(

Sorry to hear sammy :(

*hug*

Ah thanks PP and smiler but ill be grand..just would have been nice to get my independence back!

:( *Hugs* Sorry to hear Sammy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Sorry to hear that Sammy. :/:( Hope something much better turns up for you very soon. I know it's no consolation whatsoever to the outcome, but the only thing out of it is that you got Interview experience to bring to the next one. Plus if anything you MUST have been a good Candidate or high-up in the running or they have a high / good impression of you that they went and gave ya a 2nd Interview so they must think very highly of you. :)

I remember few years ago at an Interview, they rang me which I guess was nicer than a PFO Letter, to let me know it basically came down to being between me and another Candidate and the other Candidate got it because it was literally something so simple like they were there earlier than me for their Interview than I was for mine!!! I was there before it but with living an hour away and relying on Public Transport I did the best I could by getting there, but that's how it panned out! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear that SJ

Would offer a hug, but then everyone would want one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry SJ!!!:(

Hugs for you, Sammy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Ya you can totally just get stuffed!!

Someone sew my mouth shut and stop me eating, quick!

:(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Feeling very down in myself :( not being able to do things for myself is horribly demeaning. I know it's cos I'm i jured but feel like a failure :mad: just want to get back to myself ASAP and stop feeling like a stupid burden :(

Advertisement