Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Someone sew my mouth shut and stop me eating, quick!

:(

This.

Again.

FFS.

girl friday I hope you feel better soon. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

i hope you feel better soon girl friday :)

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Feeling very down in myself :( not being able to do things for myself is horribly demeaning. I know it's cos I'm i jured but feel like a failure :mad: just want to get back to myself ASAP and stop feeling like a stupid burden :(
    *hugs for girl friday* :)

If you can read this, you're too close!

Tonight i feel like utter crap:( went away for the weekend and i was planning it be stress free and catching up with my granny who i hadn't seen for about a month. But my family have been on my 'case' all the time. I know that i like to sleep in late and relax in general but they have to say comments about it every few minutes and make a big deal of it. It might be a bit of fun for them but it makes me feel like crap:( From the moment i got up today there has been nothing but comments about how i sleep in late and use my laptop, to earlier when i was reduced to tears and can't stop:(

Another matter is next weekend. I'm well aware that i have asperger's and some people with the condition can be a bit naive My family have been protecting me all my life and had to make some decisions to help me in order to make progress in my life. But now I'm 25 and can make decisions for myself dammit! I know that they have my best interests at heart but do they have to lecture me about my decision and make me scared more than i already am about this?! ugh tomorrow better go better than today!

*hug for smiler*

You should talk to them about it. Honestly, they may not realise they're wrapping you up in cotton wool. You need to be able to make your own decisions at this stage of your life. I know how you feel though, my parents can be the same sometimes but lately things have gotten better.

Ugh, today needs to be over already. I am not in the right frame of mind to be dealing with people today at all. I need sleep. I'm just wrecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Awwww, Smiley.... :(
    Tell them off when they make comments, do it in a nice way. They may not be aware of how much you are told the same "funny" (to them) thing. They need to know it hurts ;)

Decisions and changes are always scary :)
    I think all parents question and suggest other options and possibilities. The thing to remember is that if you feel very strongly for something, go ahead and try it! Let your parents know that it is what you want to do and I'm sure they'll support you :)

thanks pp:) *gives a hug back*

my family is just mostly concerned for my safety, they know no one in this forum that i've been talking to, to them these people are just strangers and don't know what everyone's like. They fear that my drink will be spiked or i'll be taking advantage of some way, but i know no one of ye lot would do such a thing! I'm can understand where they are coming from but i'll try to talk to them again, hopefully this time without any tears! i really hope this dies down before Saturday, I'm nervous enough as it is:o

Thanks lady c, I'll try your suggestion. I ended up snapping at my granny, i don't think she took it to heart as she's a tough cookie! yesterday's events was a bit too much for me to handle

you know something? you lot of broadises are awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

My head hurts like a mofo and my ears are on fire. And I'd love to go out and have some fun. And I DESPISE Bullies. And I'd LOVE some food but can't drive anywhere now. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

:mad::mad::mad:

My brother is driving me insane!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

God get a life!! anyway food without salt isn't nice. Dangerously high blood pressure. Very unwell which is why I couldn't make it out last night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

This whole weekend has being nothing but drama and just the passive aggressive behavior of some making me sick to my stomach. Just feel like bawling my eyes out :(

*hugs for Mozzeltoff*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

grrrrrr

sick kiddies and add the bonus of the wife been in hospital too,

going to be a fun fun few days

Sometimes I really don't like being single. Not saying I miss my ex but I really miss just having someone.

there are times i wish i was single, myself and the wife have had a roller coaster few years, how we are still together i dont know

You must be a strong couple if you are still together. :)

That's the kind of relationship most people would want tbh. You're lucky. I'd just like someone that would stick around and not run if/when things got tough. That's what happened last time. Things got a little tough and he ran even though he said he never would. I really didn't get a proper explanation, or even a proper conversation face to face. I got a two hour long phone call to work stuff out that ended with "I don't want to do this anymore" and that was it. I'm over him and I don't love him anymore but I still don't really know why we finished because he never gave me one. Fair enough, we wouldn't have worked out anyway but it does still hurt that after two years with him he thought it was fine to end it with a phone call. I deserved better than that.

/rant

Jeez I really didn't intend on writing all that... :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You must be a strong couple if you are still together. :)

That's the kind of relationship most people would want tbh. You're lucky. I'd just like someone that would stick around and not run if/when things got tough. That's what happened last time. Things got a little tough and he ran even though he said he never would. I really didn't get a proper explanation, or even a proper conversation face to face. I got a two hour long phone call to work stuff out that ended with "I don't want to do this anymore" and that was it. I'm over him and I don't love him anymore but I still don't really know why we finished because he never gave me one. Fair enough, we wouldn't have worked out anyway but it does still hurt that after two years with him he thought it was fine to end it with a phone call. I deserved better than that.

/rant

Jeez I really didn't intend on writing all that... :o

Do ya think paws if you met up with him and had a chat about it that maybe you might get closure and be able to move on?

its never easy,

the saying the grass is greener on the other side doesnt always match up.

as the grass needs to be cut, watered, etc.....

sometimes its best to work on it...

Do ya think paws if you met up with him and had a chat about it that maybe you might get closure and be able to move on?

Don't think so tbh. Things got a bit messy afterwards and it would be awkward I think. It's been too long in any case though, we broke up over a year ago. I'll just have to try forget it and move on I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

I have to say that years ago I broke up with someone in a similar fashion and I still regret it to this day but for me it had nothing to do with not wanting to give an explanation, it's that I didn't have one and life got in the way didn't really seem exactly appropriate even though that was pretty much the truth. I just thought letting him go was best for him and for me. But I still never felt right about doing it that way. Maybe your ex feels the same but I think too much time has lapsed now and while it hurts sometimes to not have an explanation you don't want to drag him back into your life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Worst I got was via e-mail, I'm still pissed about how cowardly that was. She tried to ask me out again later on, my reaction was along the lines of "go fornicate a rake."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

My ex cheated on me with my best friend. Was pretty hostile towards them but I had seen this coming for a long time and any time I questioned the two of them over it they always said "Oh nothing going on". Eventually it came out the two of them were seeing each other behind my back and apparently they thought I was all right with this. Yeah. Right.

Sometimes we never get closure. As mossy has said sometimes there isn't an explanation and life and feelings change. I know you can't help wonder by times but there is no point dwelling on it. And when you do feel lonely and your mind starts to wander just think of the positive things. (Easier said than done, but try :)) You're a lovely sweet person with a wicked sense of humour :D His loss at the end of the day!

akamossy wrote: »
    I have to say that years ago I broke up with someone in a similar fashion and I still regret it to this day but for me it had nothing to do with not wanting to give an explanation, it's that I didn't have one and life got in the way didn't really seem exactly appropriate even though that was pretty much the truth. I just thought letting him go was best for him and for me. But I still never felt right about doing it that way. Maybe your ex feels the same but I think too much time has lapsed now and while it hurts sometimes to not have an explanation you don't want to drag him back into your life.

Sounds about right tbh. That is probably what happened. Too much time has gone by now, you're right. No point in calling him up at this point because it would just be too messy and painful for both of us. I think we're better off apart but it does still hurt sometimes. I just have to let it go though.

By email? God Angron that must have been horrendous! Were you together long? Not that length of time really matters..

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    My ex cheated on me with my best friend. Was pretty hostile towards them but I had seen this coming for a long time and any time I questioned the two of them over it they always said "Oh nothing going on". Eventually it came out the two of them were seeing each other behind my back and apparently they thought I was all right with this. Yeah. Right.

Sometimes we never get closure. As mossy has said sometimes there isn't an explanation and life and feelings change. I know you can't help wonder by times but there is no point dwelling on it. And when you do feel lonely and your mind starts to wander just think of the positive things. (Easier said than done, but try :)) You're a lovely sweet person with a wicked sense of humour :D His loss at the end of the day!

:eek: Jesus, they thought you were okay with it? Nobody would be okay with that!

You're right, I do need to stop dwelling on it. It won't change anything and it isn't making me feel better as you can see. :p

Awh gosh, thanks Mozzeltoff! :o:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sounds about right tbh. That is probably what happened. Too much time has gone by now, you're right. No point in calling him up at this point because it would just be too messy and painful for both of us. I think we're better off apart but it does still hurt sometimes. I just have to let it go though.

By email? God Angron that must have been horrendous! Were you together long? Not that length of time really matters..
    Few months I guess. It's pretty bad cause imagine if I hadn't seen it or something, and went around for a lot longer thinking I was in a relationship.

Angron wrote: »
    Few months I guess. It's pretty bad cause imagine if I hadn't seen it or something, and went around for a lot longer thinking I was in a relationship.

It might have been sorta kinda half acceptable if it was a few weeks but a couple of months! Jesus. That is pretty low. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

*Dons philosophical hat*

Relationships......... Are kinda like the sea, at times they can be choppy, other times they can flow smoothly, and other times you just gotta take it on the chin, suck it up and do your best to keep it going.

Just my 2 Cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I think most people have a breakup or two where they never get a proper explanation or sense of closure! At some point in the future it will just enter your head after not thinking about it in ages, and you'll realise you just don't care anymore!

Don't think there's a set time frame going from experiences of myself and friends, but one day it will come.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I broke up over msn once. (I don't know why I'm sharing this, but what the hay..... :P)
    The guy was really nasty to me and made me feel like crap. I was constantly told how much prettier other girls were. Especially "fat" (as he called them) blonde girls, ideally Russian or Polish. I'm a brunette and I was very skinny at the time and obviously neither Russian or Polish.
    He wrecked my whole self-esteem and my sense of self-worth. I'm not sure it has fully healed, even though years have past by. I approached him with the way he talk about other girls, he told me not to go there, I told him in a very rude manner to f*** off and never spoke to the guy again.

It felt good :cool::D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Go lady c :-D

Advertisement