Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Oh no, Seph, I hope he's okay x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

oh no, i hope he's ok *hugs*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Sorry to hear that Seph:(...PM if you wanna chat!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

grr, talk about ****ty weeks,

a cousin of mine dropped dead two weeks ago, an aunt is on deaths door in hospital and now the wife is in hospital with a wound infection...

oh the joys.

:eek:

I'm sorry for you loss cgh. I hope things get better soon. x

• Advertisement

thanks Purple,

well it cant really get any worse.

going to be busy with the kiddies now this weekend.

If it's any good to you the cinema in Portlaoise have a kids club Saturday and Sunday morning. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

:(
    That's awful! Does he have epilepsy or something?
    I hope he's feeling better now and that you can relax enough to be able to rest and make up for lost sleep ;)

My PM-box is always open for you :)
    (and of course for other Nocturnal sweeties who want to talk/vent ;))
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Fook Seph. Hope he's ok now. Do the docs know what's causing them to happen.
    Oh no, Seph, I hope he's okay x
    oh no, i hope he's ok *hugs*
    Grid. wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Seph:(...PM if you wanna chat!;)

Thanks pals,he doesn't have epilepsy,there alcohol related :(

Jesus. That's scary Seph. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

That sucks, Seph :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Hope your Bro is doing okay Sephers. :( Chin up. :/

Warmest of welcomes to un-explained all-over rashes and itchiness possibly allergic reaction to heat / close-ness. And shortness-of-breath / choking / gagging thing welcome back to you too. Now just waiting on the return of sober-hangover-cardboard-mouth and my life will beeeeee compleeeeeete! :(:rolleyes::pac: Hello Hayfever. :rolleyes: Oh and current all-nightly-clock-watching-by-the-hour Insomnia adds nicely to the mix too. Yayyyyyyy!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Got a phone call tonight from my mother to say that my father had an accident at work and it turns out his back is broken. I just feel like curling into a ball right now..

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    Got a phone call tonight from my mother to say that my father had an accident at work and it turns out his back is broken. I just feel like curling into a ball right now..

oh no:( i hope he's ok! pm is open if you need to vent/chat

Oh Mozz....... not good news.
    Hope that all works out.

Oh my God, Mozzeltoff, that's awful. I hope everything will be okay. x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

Hope it isn't as bad as it seems. I am sending good thoughts to you and your Dad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

So sorry to hear that MT :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I was going to post this evening and say Fook! and all sorts of other stuff on a personal matter.
    And while this personal matter is still important to me, you gave me some perspective tonight- thanks. I hope your dad makes a quick recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Genuinely curious, how can someone's back be broken??

*hope your aul fella recovers Mozz*

Joined Tumblr and my brother's posts about his girlfriend and everything are breaking my heart. I can't post because it's such a crazy situation, I'd be recognised right away. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorrry to hear that Mozzie, hope he makes a quick & fully recovery.

Lumbar vertebrae are crushed in his back, these are the ones that support weight or so I am told. He's in the hospital down here for the moment and is waiting for an MRI Monday morning. However depending on what the results of that will be and how badly crushed the vertebrae are he may be transferred to the Martyr hospital. Plus my mothers situation with her ankle it just does not help. Such bad ****ing luck :mad:

I'd like to thank you all for your well wishes. They've cheered me up some bit

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Fingers crossed for your dad mozz, hope the mri has postive news

Sorry to hear that Mozz.....hope he has a speedy recovery!;)

need a good vent cos otherwise it's gonna drive me crazy!

It's been a tough week:( my 6 year old cousin is very sick in hospital, she's been ill for a few months now but several of the doctors she saw told them there was nothing wrong. It was only when the parents pushed for a second opinion that they discovered that she had a brain tumour. She had the operation a few weeks ago and thought all was going well. But sadly in the last few days the drs discovered that she has another tumour on her spine, a very aggressive form of cancer. She starts chemo and radiam therapy soon. Got a long fight ahead of her! I feel sorry for her cos she's so young:( all I can say is cancer is b!tch:(:(

I was told tonight that the person who worked with me when I was doing my voluntary work has passed away:( I only went there for about 2 years but I got to know her and she was a lovely person

I haz all the sads:(

need a good vent cos otherwise it's gonna drive me crazy!

It's been a tough week:( my 6 year old cousin is very sick in hospital, she's been ill for a few months now but several of the doctors she saw told them there was nothing wrong. It was only when the parents pushed for a second opinion that they discovered that she had a brain tumour. She had the operation a few weeks ago and thought all was going well. But sadly in the last few days the drs discovered that she has another tumour on her spine, a very aggressive form of cancer. She starts chemo and radiam therapy soon. Got a long fight ahead of her! I feel sorry for her cos she's so young:( all I can say is cancer is b!tch:(:(

I was told tonight that the person who worked with me when I was doing my voluntary work has passed away:( I only went there for about 2 years but I got to know her and she was a lovely person

I haz all the sads:(

Poor Smiler :( You seem to have the weight of the world on your shoulders :/ Poor little soul. My thoughts are with her. I hope she does make a very swift recovery. And I am sorry to hear about your friend too. If you need to talk or anything you know where I am m'dear :)

Thanks mozz X. Hoping that she pulls though.

Smiler, fingers crossed all works out,

my Mrs has just come out the right side of Breast cancer, its been a rollercoaster 2 years, but finally all good.

try and keep the spirits up (not whiskey) :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

sorry to hear your news. Here's hoping all turns out well. Children are amazing when it comes to the ability to spring back and keep on playing. I know several older ones diagnosed with stage 4 cancers and they overcame the odds, Someday i hope all cancers will become a thing of the past.

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear that Smiler.....life can be cruel at times! Hope the weekend brings some better vibes!:)

Advertisement