Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

There is an improvement but there's still a stigma attached with mental illness and depression here, a lot of people still sweep out under the carpet or whisper the phrase that I hate "suffers with his/her nerves".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

Oh there's a stigma attached - but usually comes from ignorance. The world will always be filled with people who feel they haven't got anything going for them so think some how they need to tear others down or make them seem less than they are. You shouldn't let them affect you in any way. We should never use the lowest common denominator as a standard. Our goal should be to educate others not dumb it down for them. Getting professional help in any situation is preferable to just letting it go on. If I had a heavy load to carry I'd certainly call for help to carry it Why should asking for someone to help when I am low on strength or overwhelmed by the load any different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

i need a bit of a brood here, about a simple thing : overthinking:( I lay down and attempted to sleep, but started to think, which was a bad idea. Why does my brain analysis everything ?! I think i've gone through every possible 'what if', 'why?' scenario in my head about what could happen and as a result I'm welling up:(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Why have I only got friends that interact with me when I've poked them into action?. My phone has been so quiet. Just feeling lonely and felt like a vent somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

^ hello :)

• Advertisement

hello:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oops meant to introduce myself a bit first. Just feeling frustrated and stuff. Hi to you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,273 ✭✭✭✭TommieBoy

Hi, I'm a little frustrated too (sorry you're feeling similarly Gremlinertia)... Rude people have gotten on my nerves today.

Yeah people are part of my frustration too. As am I though.. How you doin now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Oops meant to introduce myself a bit first. Just feeling frustrated and stuff. Hi to you too.

Welcome G! :)

• Advertisement

Welcome G! :)

Aha we meet again. I hadn't realised this thread existed in nocturnal for some reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

My colleague makes me so angry. He makes me do all the work and then says I need to delegate things to him, and when I do he either says he's too busy or he tells me that I should do all the preparatory work to it (which would be the reason for me to delegate in the first place)
    He's gliding around in the office and sending everyone with questions or problems to me. He'd say he knows that I have so much to do, but at the same time sends every little chore my way. To be perfectly honest, I have no clue what he REALLY does!! :mad:

I left early today. I was furious.
    ... and then I had a little cry :(:(:(

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Pony-Hug-86277376429_xlarge.jpeg

If you can read this, you're too close!

Aww, thank you, sweetie :)
    Friendship is magic :)

I swear to God, I have no idea what the feck is wrong with me lately but I just cannot seem to get my weight loss back on track at all. I had 12lbs left but that was a month ago. I'm actually so disappointed with myself and that's what's really annoying me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I swear to God, I have no idea what the feck is wrong with me lately but I just cannot seem to get my weight loss back on track at all. I had 12lbs left but that was a month ago. I'm actually so disappointed with myself and that's what's really annoying me. :(

Think it does get harder to shift the final few pounds for most people.

Stick with it paws, longer it takes the more inclined you will be to stick with your good habits/exercise going forward.

That's true I suppose.

I have no motivation for exercise at all. I think I need to have a chat with myself. :(

That's true I suppose.

I have no motivation for exercise at all. I think I need to have a chat with myself. :(

Tell me about it, keep meaning to go back to gym, but come home bolloxed the last couple of weeks as we have been short-staffed.

It's been a bit like that for me tbh actually. It's a pain.

*hugs for all the nocs*:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio1_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio2_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio4_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio5_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio6_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio7_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio8_500.jpg
    tumblr_n1aeh3vQqI1sn7waio9_500.jpg

Especially pet!! :pac:
    That's brilliant, Wolfie :)

Can't see any of that working in work tomorrow.

But boss, Wolfie said "Do what makes me happy", "..some things can be thrown away"

That's really good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

They say dealing with death get easier as time goes on, but i'm seriously beginning to doubt that. June 2nd 2014 marked 4 months since a good friend of mine passed away. (Only went to his grave this month to finally get some kind of closure and accept that he is no longer with us.)

I'm still trying to accept his death which has left a huge gap in the lives of those who knew him (Me included), I wish this was all just a terrible dream, but unfortunately it isn't. Death is a bitch and i miss my friend dearly :(.

I hope you're ok L, pm is there if you need to vent/bitch/chat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    They say dealing with death get easier as time goes on, but i'm seriously beginning to doubt that. June 2nd 2014 marked 4 months since a good friend of mine passed away. (Only went to his grave this month to finally get some kind of closure and accept that he is no longer with us.)

I'm still trying to accept his death which has left a huge gap in the lives of those who knew him (Me included), I wish this was all just a terrible dream, but unfortunately it isn't. Death is a bitch and i miss my friend dearly :(.

Everyone deals with death differently. I think society often pushes the notion that you should "get over" the death as quick as you can. Grieving is a very important part of healing- the fact you've posted this shows to me that you're still grieving- that's perfectly fine, normal and indeed necessary.

Take your time coming to terms with the passing of your friend- there's no "hurry".

Jesus Lithium, that's really tough. I'm really sorry for your loss. Everybody deals with losing someone in a different way. The main thing is to let it happen on its own and don't force it, if that makes any sense. I hope you're OK. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Hey Lith, here's hoping you are doing ok bud. Grief is a strange old thing. It could take some people weeks, some months and others years to get over the grieving. Everyone is different and the most important thing is to take your time to heal. Lots of love sent your way petal :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Lithium93_ wrote: »

I know what you going through Lith. Tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my baby brother's passing from this life. I know it gonna be rough for me and my family. Time does help though.

Advertisement