Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Are ya alright Sepher.....PM if ya need to talk.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭cgh

what a week I've had....

I've been having a few problems at home lately, my own fault, but however doing the best I can.

both my wife and I have had a troubled few years, her helth was really bad and I was a idiot and nearly ruined the marriage with infedelity. (not gettting into it)

needless to say I wanted the marriage to work and have put in the graft nd thought i was seeing the rewards.

this week has been tough. tougher than I ever thought possible.
    We sat down during the week and had a good long talk. during which she told me not to over react or take things in a bad way, she throws out at me that some of the things we did five years ago may have been over the top and could be seen as a sexual assualt on her......

WTF.....

I'm lost here. still dont know what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Sorry now but WTF, that's ridiculous!!!

Could be seen as sexual assault by who exactly? It was between both of you in private and you are both consenting adults! How would she even think of saying something like that to you?

that would be my view too Purple.

I'm still in a did she really say that mode

Ask her what the f**k is going through her head.

• Advertisement

going to have to ask whats going on.
    as my mind is racing over this.

Honestly, that's really bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I think you may need a counselor to sort this out or else it will just be a pointing fingers at one another thing. She obviously feels differently now. She doesn't seem able to be objective at this point.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I second a counselor or therapist - this needs external mediation, she possibly has said this as a backlash, internalising anger perhaps.

I'm really and truly beginning to think that being a nice person isn't worth a damn nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,259 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm really and truly beginning to think that being a nice person isn't worth a damn nowadays.

Don't give up on it yet. A "friend" of mine recently broke an agreement which could cost me a few grand, that of course I don't have.. Kept it to myself for a week but then let two friends know and they restored my faith a good bit. I'm not finding it easy being terribly nice after it but I'm looking at it as an injury that needs to heal..

Thanks for the reply Grem.. I hope things work out for you. :)

I'm just a little bit down tonight. Probably thinking too much, and it's making me feel worse.

No worries - shiny side out. Feel free to pm if you need an ear.

No worries - shiny side out. Feel free to pm if you need an ear.

It's a very very long story.. :o

Ah I'll be OK. I appreciate the reply though, I really do.

It's a very very long story.. :o

Ah I'll be OK. I appreciate the reply though, I really do.

Heh heh I hear ya.. I did quite the compression on my own story there. Offer stands though.. Any time.. One thing I know I have is a good ear. Not literally like!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

A lot of people suck. Friends let me down this week, but blindly continue on heedless of how I felt about it. So yeah, you're not alone really.

Angron wrote: »
    A lot of people suck. Friends let me down this week, but blindly continue on heedless of how I felt about it. So yeah, you're not alone really.

It's bloody rough isn't it?. It'll take me a good while to get over the hurt of this one. But over it I will damn well get. You too I hope..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Angry, very very angry. Friends go out, don't invite me, then put up videos and pictures of the great night they've had out. If I'm heading out, I ask them do they want to go along, they couldn't bother their holes doing the same though. Other niggling crap getting at me with my family, and to top off the crap sandwich my computer will only play about 5 of the over 100 games I have installed, and I can't really afford to get the damn thing fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,164 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Crap sandwich indeed angron. Dont blame you for getting annoyed about your friends blanking you like that. Unfortunately it happens alot and has happened to me several times because most of my mates lived in town and could do impromptu meet ups wheres I needed to plan lifts etc and they never thought to ask me because of it.
    As for the computer, you'll just have to throw it against the wall..no other way around it :D i kid! If it can be fixed at some stage least thats something than being completely dead!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

sammyjo90 wrote:
    most of my mates lived in town and could do impromptu meet ups wheres I needed to plan lifts etc and they never thought to ask me because of it.

QFT - story of my life :/

• Advertisement

I really never make plans to go out with anyone anymore. It's a nasty cycle because i think now no one invites me because of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I am in something of a similar situation folks. I live right out in the sticks and because of work too people don't bother inviting me or the OH out because they live miles away in another town. Recently enough I found myself out with some good mates who still ask me out for a few drinks. One of them tagged me in a status in some pub. Next morning I was getting a barage of texts from another friend asking how come I didn't invite them out.

Thing is he's the very one that wouldn't bother his hole inviting me or OH out. I told him this and sure I am in the wrong and I am being a bitch because I didn't invite him out. :rolleyes: Bull**** of the highest order :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

I'm kinda the same I must admit. I rarely go out cos i don't like the pubs noise, crowds and I can't dance. Rarely get invited out as well cos of those reasons, maybe my friends think I'm no fun or cos of my asperger's:o

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I post this with a very heavy heart, I found out late Monday evening that a friend of mine i went to secondary school with for 6 years, had hung himself :(, it took the wind right out of my sails when i found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I post this with a very heavy heart, I found out late Monday evening that a friend of mine i went to secondary school with for 6 years, had hung himself :(, it took the wind right out of my sails when i found out.

oh Lith, *hugs* that can't be easy. I hope you're ok, pm is there if you want to chat/vent etc.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

sorry to hear that, Lith :(

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

To say it was a kick in the gut is one hell of an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear that Lithers.

Have had a couple of acquaintances who have committed suicide. Wouldn't have been too close to them, but it was still a shock when I heard the news.

I'm sure the others won't object but feel free to PM anyone if you need a vent/ ear (PC screen) to bend.

So sorry to hear that Lithium. :( *hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

So sorry to hear that Lith :(

Advertisement