Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Nerin wrote: »
    This should be in parenting

I actually agree with this , better to get the opinion of other parents who have went through this and maybe neutrals as the thing is , well forum full of friendly people = what you want to hear .

Don't like the age gap , you learn so much in those years . He shouldn't really be going under 15 but that is my opinion .
    Just make sure she has her head screwed on clippy , she will do what she wants and it is better to instill confidence and self respect .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Perhaps it should be in Parenting, but maybe Paperclip wanted to hear the reactions of people she knew well on here. And in the defence for those of us who tried to advise clippy, would you prefer that we ignore her?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Perhaps it should be in Parenting, but maybe Paperclip wanted to hear the reactions of people she knew well on here. And in the defence for those of us who tried to advise clippy, would you prefer that we ignore her?;)

As a mod i'm saying i don't like this being here,its gotten more than a few random comments about why your feeling down and peoples reactions,its becoming a full blown parenting thread that should be in parenting.

As a user,this is a bit trainwreck,but i'm keeping my nose out of this and not giving advice cuz i'll have to sort through it later.

Nerin wrote: »
    As a mod i'm saying i don't like this being here,its gotten more than a few random comments about why your feeling down and peoples reactions,its becoming a full blown parenting thread that should be in parenting.

As a user,this is a bit trainwreck,but i'm keeping my nose out of this and not giving advice cuz i'll have to sort through it later.

Fair enough, you know what's best for your forum so I apologise for being snappy at you and Chatbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Fair enough, you know what's best for your forum so I apologise for being snappy at you and Chatbox.

No one has to be sorry or anything ,it's just I remember the last one got deleted for causing too many problems , I like the fact that people can have a rant in here , so it's easier to speak up now before it is too late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    No one has to be sorry or anything ,it's just I remember the last one got deleted for causing too many problems , I like the fact that people can have a rant in here , so it's easier to speak up now before it is too late.

^ What he said ^ the other thread got a little too serious and we were asked now and then to just move it to pi,which we didn't want to do.
    I too like this thread being here, but it can't ever become a thread that gets bogged down in lots of debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Lalalalaaaaaa

stupid N4 being closed from Lucan to past Liffey... grrr thus HUGE Q of peoples!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Ow headache ow :(:(

Booourns to headaches Kirby (I have one coming on too)

boourns to people who make us sad too!!

AND BOOOURRNNSS to the goddamn connection dropping thus giving me a double post!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

On itself I wouldn't hold it against him as I think we've all been guilty of that (not the bit about putting it on Bebo of course, what a simpleton for doing that), but given the circumstances it just adds weight to the possible shady character of the guy.

And don't send Futurecrook, send me, she'll just botch the operation.:p:pac:

:eek: Will not... *sulks* I can kneecap as good as the rest of 'em... I'm from the northside you know... *grumble*

:eek: Will not... *sulks* I can kneecap as good as the rest of 'em... I'm from the northside you know... *grumble*

That's not something you have over LZ.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

A frickin woodcrest (kind of really big pigeon) decided to wake me up at 6 this morning with his obsessive hooting. :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Galvasean wrote: »
    A frickin woodcrest (kind of really big pigeon) decided to wake me up at 6 this morning with his obsessive hooting. :mad:
    Things like that are why I sleep with a loaded crossbow next to my bed. No bird dares wake me.:D

That happens here a lot... stupid woodpigeon cooing outside my window...

this morning however, Lily decided to jump up onto the bed at 4, Daisy wanted up on the bed at 5, and then at 6 Daisy decided the best way to wake me up was licking my ear & then lying across my throat.

sleep is over-rated it seems.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i think i've just regressed about 5 years. one more year and ill be about as miserable as ive ever been, again.

did i ever mention the bit wehre im a complete ****ing idiot sometimes?

did i ever mention the bit where im a complete ****ing idiot sometimes?

Hey, I picked up a white record cover in a record shop (With my friend who was looking for stuff) and I go 'What's this white album?'
    Cue my friend laughing & the guy behind the counter raising an eyebrow.
    Boy did I feel stupid that day.

I dislike lack of sleep :(

I also dislike a lot of things.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Just found out my former college class had a Ball (and I wasn't informed).
    I remember then saying ages ago that I would be invited if/when one occured.

Only found about it now when I saw the pics on facebook.

:(

Plus i have work in the morning. Was meant to have the day off but half the staff have been stricken down with (swine! :pac:) 'flu' :rolleyes:
    So by Tuesday that will be my 8th day working in a row, Feh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Just found out my former college class had a Ball (and I wasn't informed).
    I remember then saying ages ago that I would be invited if/when one occured.

Only found about it now when I saw the pics on facebook.

:(

Ouch! That really sucks. :(

I remember last year our class had a class party and I knew absolutely nothing about it until I saw the pictures on Bebo. Got pretty upset about it thinking I had been left out intentionally until I found out that an announcement was made about it in a lecture which I didn't go to because I was sick. However, I was still kind of annoyed no-one noticed I was missing and texted me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Not sure if I've mentioned it before but I absolutely, positively loathe the fact I am lactose intolerant. I eat one cheesecake and down a milkshake afterwards and I'm not leaving the bathroom for several hours.

Ugh that's ghey (lactose intolerant).
    Luckily I don't like milkshakes or cheesecake! Not that I'm intolerant, but too much dairy isn't good for me. I'm allergic to yeast or wheat or something.. Which means I shouldn't have bread or pizza. But man I like it.

Pizza on my no-no list also. I still eat it though. I just makes sure I has plenty of toilet paper and reading material on hand before I do.

Ah :( Doesn't have that type of effect on me, I get really bad pains in my upper stomach, like indigestion type pain, doubled over etc..

I get the horrible gas and can poo througha screen door without touching the wires.

thanks for that mental image.....

And I just had to unclog my puppys behind.
    so freakin tired, long, labour filled day. But my car is clean and the garden in wexford is mostly done.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

star-pants wrote: »
    thanks for that mental image.....

And I just had to unclog my puppys behind.
    so freakin tired, long, labour filled day. But my car is clean and the garden in wexford is mostly done.

Puppy ok?

SDooM wrote: »
    Puppy ok?

Aye, not the first (or last) time I'll have to do that. Or for my other dog.
    They're somewhat prone to that as they're so fluffy behind & the fact their um... where it comes out, is right at the base of their tail. Usually involves lots of wipes, tissues, poopbags & scissors. And a firm hold on the tail.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

star-pants wrote: »
    Aye, not the first (or last) time I'll have to do that. Or for my other dog.
    They're somewhat prone to that as they're so fluffy behind & the fact their um... where it comes out, is right at the base of their tail. Usually involves lots of wipes, tissues, poopbags & scissors. And a firm hold on the tail.

Ugh... I don't think I could touch Zooms botty!

• Advertisement

SDooM wrote: »
    Ugh... I don't think I could touch Zooms botty!

Tisn't fun I tell ya! but someone has to do it...

Advertisement