Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Angron wrote: »
    A bit annoyed. A friend asks can he come over to hang out, which was fine. Then, just before he's coming over he asks can I download something, and then when he gets here says he can't stay long. Don't say you want to hang out if that's clearly not what you're f*cking doing here.

Tell him you forgot to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

kinda pissed off and shocked tonight, at times i really don't like renting, like tonight:(

I got a Chinese takeaway tonight but it nearly 2 hours to get to me.

Ordered it at 6, that was grand, no bother.

Still no sign of delivery at half 6 so I spoke to the live chat on the website that I ordered it off, and they confirmed that the driver had taken the food and was on the way shortly.

About after 7 I was wondering where an earth the deliver driver was so I got on to the live chat again They said the restaurant would ring me and a minute later they rang me

Turns out that the driver was told the wrong number for deliver to and they gave it to the wrong person, a person in the same apt block as me, the person just took the food and didn't pay or say 'sorry there's being a mistake'. I don't get why people take things for free when it's not theirs :(

There not my friend that's for sure

I eventually got my dinner when the restaurant rang me back and apologised for the mix up, and cooked the order again

/Rant over

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Dear snowstorm, die

you want me to call over Wolfie

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgoxXG5-vwFpTMDOYGWm0ghRbPYjaT_g0byXQpCdAdm2jiV2Dq9FjcqJY

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

kinda pissed off and shocked tonight, at times i really don't like renting, like tonight:(

I got a Chinese takeaway tonight but it nearly 2 hours to get to me.

Ordered it at 6, that was grand, no bother.

Still no sign of delivery at half 6 so I spoke to the live chat on the website that I ordered it off, and they confirmed that the driver had taken the food and was on the way shortly.

About after 7 I was wondering where an earth the deliver driver was so I got on to the live chat again They said the restaurant would ring me and a minute later they rang me

Turns out that the driver was told the wrong number for deliver to and they gave it to the wrong person, a person in the same apt block as me, the person just took the food and didn't pay or say 'sorry there's being a mistake'. I don't get why people take things for free when it's not theirs :(

There not my friend that's for sure

I eventually got my dinner when the restaurant rang me back and apologised for the mix up, and cooked the order again

/Rant over

What a bunch of nobs :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I have a drop dead gorgeous female friend & I am absolutely MAD about her we've been friends for 6 years, going on 7, and i have no idea what to do, my brain & heart are at war with 1 another and it's tearing me apart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I have a drop dead gorgeous female friend & I am absolutely MAD about her we've been friends for 6 years, going on 7, and i have no idea what to do, my brain & heart are at war with 1 another and it's tearing me apart.

Lith, I have no advice to offer ya man as I'm rather useless when it comes to relationships. I've been in a similar situation a couple of years back and I royally ballsed it up resulting in no partner or friend. My heart goes out to ya though man as I know this is really eating you up. I really hope this all works out for you though my friend.

I'm afraid that i'm gonna say something that'll offend her, and *poof* she'll be outta my life faster than a speeding bullet, why can't women just give a YES or NO answer, it's not like i'm asking her to run off with me, all i want to know is does she feel the same way i, or am i just on a one way train trip to Heartbreak Hotel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yikes, that is a toughie. Any chance at all that she feels the same way as you do? You really need to suss things out before you sat anything, because you don't want to lose her altogether. Do you have a friend that could ask her or find out in some other way if she likes you too?

Poor Lith. That has to be an awful situation to be in.

I wouldn't be great at this kind of thing either I must admit, but I'm sure some of the other Noc ladies and gents will have some advice.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hey Lith, I do feel for you, that a toughie situation to be in. What I can say though, it may be useful to you or may not be, if you're not sure if she fancies you watch her body language for a while. If she flicks her hair, 'mirrors' you ( copies your actions, the way you sit, for example) bits her lip, then those are good signs she's interested. You can also ask a friend of a friend as pp suggested as well

In terms of asking her out you can do what my folks did, ask a friend to ask her to go out with you, or if you have an event coming up, you can ask a friend to ask her to come with you ( I know that sounds incredibly complicated!. Or you can text/fb her something informal like 'fancy a chat/coffee/drink etc and see where it goes from there, although I know it's awful nerve ranking. One last thing I can say is to trust your gut feeling on it

Anyway that's my 2c on it, best of luck Lith:)

• Advertisement

Yikes, that is a toughie. Any chance at all that she feels the same way as you do? You really need to suss things out before you sat anything, because you don't want to lose her altogether. Do you have a friend that could ask her or find out in some other way if she likes you too?

Poor Lith. That has to be an awful situation to be in.

I wouldn't be great at this kind of thing either I must admit, but I'm sure some of the other Noc ladies and gents will have some advice.

:)

I tried asking, but everytime she masterfully dodges the question and changes topic, she'd give a politician a run for their money.

Do you have a mutual female friend that could ask her "What do you think of Lith?"

hey Lith, I do feel for you, that a toughie situation to be in. What I can say though, it may be useful to you or may not be, if you're not sure if she fancies you watch her body language for a while. If she flicks her hair, 'mirrors' you ( copies your actions, the way you sit, for example) bits her lip, then those are good signs she's interested. You can also ask a friend of a friend as pp suggested as well

In terms of asking her out you can do what my folks did, ask a friend to ask her to go out with you, or if you have an event coming up, you can ask a friend to ask her to come with you ( I know that sounds incredibly complicated!. Or you can text/fb her something informal like 'fancy a chat/coffee/drink etc and see where it goes from there, although I know it's awful nerve ranking. One last thing I can say is to trust your gut feeling on it

Anyway that's my 2c on it, best of luck Lith:)

We're always in touch, be it text or Facebook, she seems to be my kinda gal in terms of humor, always sees the dirty side of completely innocent things, we've only met briefly, albeit 6 years ago when i saw her walking with my cousin, my jaw instantly hit the floor.

Good things come to those who wait, or so they say, so maybe i just gotta wait it out.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Do you have a mutual female friend that could ask her "What do you think of Lith?"

I asked my cousin for her number a few weeks after i laid eyes on her (That was a success), though my cousin refused to help me out no further, her exact words you want her that badly, ya gotta do the work by yourself.

Wouldn't be the biggest Cassanova around, but have you tried asking her out for a coffee & feel her out. ( not literally !)

Wouldn't be the biggest Cassanova around, but have you tried asking her out for a coffee & feel her out. ( not literally !)

I'm tempted to ask her out for New Year's Eve, I let rip with a glorious laugh at the feel her out part even though i know i shouldn't have.

I'm tempted to ask her out for New Year's Eve, I let rip with a glorious laugh at the feel her out part even though i know i shouldn't have.

Think we all have that kind of sense of humour here Lith-mon.

Think we all have that kind of sense of humour here Lith-mon.

That be true, plus that kind of humour in a woman, i most definitely appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Doener5dm

Old movies or TV-series remakes sometimes is good. Honestly, i like remakes.

Doener5dm wrote: »
    Old movies or TV-series remakes sometimes is good. Honestly, i like remakes.

I would be on the other side of the fence. Remakes are generally sh*te imo, & only annoy me. Trivial annoyance prob, some of them are only looking for a quick buck & not interested in quality.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I tried asking, but everytime she masterfully dodges the question and changes topic, she'd give a politician a run for their money.
    I've never really understood why people can't just say yes or no. It'd be far simpler, and at least you'd know.

I've never really understood why people can't just say yes or no. It'd be far simpler, and at least you'd know.

women are wired differently :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

I've only one question Lith. Why have you been "friends for 6/7 years"?

I think, therein, lies the answer, somewhere. But only you can determine that.

Been there, done that- it's emotional turmoil I know. You could just ask her some night "could we be more than friends?". Then you'd know, but I'm not sure things would ever be the same again. That might not be a bad thing either though so don't be afraid of that aspect.

Best of luck whatever the decision.

Oh trust me, guys can be just as bad.

I've only one question Lith. Why have you been "friends for 6/7 years"?

I think, therein, lies the answer, somewhere. But only you can determine that.

Been there, done that- it's emotional turmoil I know. You could just ask her some night "could we be more than friends?". Then you'd know, but I'm not sure things would ever be the same again. That might not be a bad thing either though so don't be afraid of that aspect.

Best of luck whatever the decision.

We've been friends for 6/7 years because she is 2 years older than me and she thinks it would look bad, she's trying to keep thing not-awkward,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

We've been friends for 6/7 years because she is 2 years older than me and she thinks it would look bad, she's trying to keep thing not-awkward,

Then the clue might be in the "dodging the question" point you mentioned above. I think she likes you, but I'm not convinced she's "in" to you. Not now, but that doesn't mean ever. Just not now. I wouldn't go ruining the friendship right now. Hang in there, hopefully you'll find someone else for the shorterm and if it's to work out, you'll know soon enough.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Two years isn't bad. One of the girls that went to school with me is with a guy who's at least 45, and she's 26.

Tell her to stop thinking about other people and start thinking about what she wants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

Then the clue might be in the "dodging the question" point you mentioned above. I think she likes you, but I'm not convinced she's "in" to you. Not now, but that doesn't mean ever. Just not now. I wouldn't go ruining the friendship right now. Hang in there, hopefully you'll find someone else for the shorterm and if it's to work out, you'll know soon enough.

I haven't actually posted in nocs in ages now so forgive me if this is a bit intrusive but I have to admit I agree with you ck, if I were her and I was dodging the question it would be because I wasn't interested. But everyone's different of course. I think in situations like this either it needs to be addressed or put to bed. You'll only find out by asking straight out, if that's not an option right now you should probably just move on with your life. Good luck whatever you choose to do anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Sorry but it maddens me when I see people let age become a factor. I am three years older than my OH and it's never being an issue with us. My brother in law is going out with a girl 10 years his junior and again, not a problem. My best friend is 26 years of age going out with a guy for the past two years. He just turned 39 last month and no ones batted an eyelid.

I am sorry man but it just sounds like a cop out to me. You're 21, she's 23. There's no big differences in your ages at all. When I met himself he was 21 and I was 24. I didn't give a **** what age he was because I was attracted to him not his age.

I know everyone isn't the same but I reckon that if she was genuinely interested in you, she wouldn't let age be a factor. Try chatting to her again about it but if I were you I'd start moving on.

Sorry if I have come across harsh in this..

• Advertisement

Some great points in that post there Mozz. ðŸ‘

Advertisement