Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Pain in the ass. Surely as gesture of goodwill they will be prepared to offer it on an alternative night. Maybe perhaps overly cautious seasonal doorstaff on.. No excuse though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ara sure, if the worst comes to worst I can always kick up a fuss on social media (I'm very good at that, former SU officer after all :P). But yeah, hopefully they offer me something! Thanks Grem, I wasn't sure if my grievance was right or not!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

No worries, I served my years doing security on many pub and club doors and there can be a frightening lack of common sense at times. Also people can get too rigid at busy times of year..

No worries, I served my years doing security on many pub and club doors and there can be a frightening lack of common sense at times. Also people can get too rigid at busy times of year..
    So, in your professional opinion, were they right or wrong? (I won't quote you or anything, just want to make sure I'm right :D)

Depends on their policy, which is usually on view near the door.. The mitigating factor is you won a bar tab so surely the person running that competition at least had thought you over 18.. If they didn't work it out properly that would look quite bad for them..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Some door staff can like the position of power & like to find any reason to tell someone "not tonight".

The night club should move it to an alternative date. I'd be careful about ranting too much on FB, you could be putting yourself on naughty list, if security guys also see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Seriously just feel like crying

**hugs for paws**

Saw your post in Lair, can you ask boss

" Do you know why the 2 are in as they have no notes with them?"

subtle way of complaining,

I hate messy people too. But it will be something to keep you going if it is a quiet morning.

Hope the day goes quick & without incident.

I would but surprise, surprise - he's off and we have another vet on.

*whinge*

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

"Oh he's great!" "Oh I miss him!" "Oh I love him!"

Oh I wish I could throw you out the bloody window.

• Advertisement

Who you want to throw out the window Mr A?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My sister for her persistent bragging about being in a relationship.

Just because she is bragging don't mean she is happy.

People always like to boast about the good things & rarely publicise the bad ones.

I do not in anyway hope your sister is in a bad relationship.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Just because she is bragging don't mean she is happy.

Very good point there Ted

You OK there Angron?

Nah. I'm sad and alone, and I'm tired of feeling sad and alone.

I hear you. Also sad and alone. This time of year, no matter how much I work during it, always exacerbates it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

I really wish that I could meet a local noc around here who could meet up with and have the chats and banter with. Most of my real life friends are into partying and what not, which is totally not my scene at all, and you guys are the closest I have as friends:o Depression has been kicking my ass lately:(

alongside with that, I'm concerned for mammy writer & himself who are unwell at the moment, and my granny who had a suspected mini stroke last night :/

Poor writer. I hope you're OK. It's tough when your friends are into different things. We're like a little family here aren't we?

Hope your Mam and himself and your Gran are OK too.

Chin up, hun. And remember we're all here for you :)

tumblr_migwebbBbw1r6mv99o1_400.gif

I had a dream about my ex last night. Why am I still dreaming about him? And why today? It's been two flipping years!

The only saving grace is that in the dream I was literally screaming at him over the way he treated me.. :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Don't let it get too ya paws, I often dream about exes too,not too often though thank god, doesn't mean anything and at least you were screaming at him and not doing something else ;):D

• Advertisement

That's very true, I didn't actually think of it that way.. :o

Luckily, I don't see him that way anymore if that makes any sense. It's more the emotional stuff that still pees me off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That there is catharsis miss PP

That there is catharsis miss PP
    Hope so! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

Poor writer. I hope you're OK. It's tough when your friends are into different things. We're like a little family here aren't we?

Hope your Mam and himself and your Gran are OK too.

Chin up, hun. And remember we're all here for you :)

tumblr_migwebbBbw1r6mv99o1_400.gif

thanks pp:)

we are indeed like a family here, where everyone has each others back and what not, very glad I've found this place I have to say:) *group hug*

I'm surviving at the moment, find it hard to do things as I don't have the energy or the motivation, but it'll pass

Thanks for the well wishes:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

*hugs writer and angron* :)

Its kinda annoying, friend is back from his round-the-world trip for a short while so I'm no longer a total recluse, yet I'm still depressed :/

Mind you, it doesn't help that even spambots are getting snarky at me at this point :o Just checked my junk mail and the only thing lurking there was a run-of-the-mill drugvert, but the title... the goddamn spambot started the mail off by calling me heartless! :eek::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Solitaire wrote: »
    Its kinda annoying, friend is back from his round-the-world trip for a short while so I'm no longer a total recluse, yet I'm still depressed :/

I'm kinda resigned to the fact that mine will never go away. It's something that just needs to be planned around and even budgeted for.

I'm kinda resigned to the fact that mine will never go away. It's something that just needs to be planned around and even budgeted for.
    It does get better, trust me. I went through depression for most of my later teenage life and even into my 20s. Some days were great and some were horrible. However, I did manage to snap out of it. It's still the weirdest experience having my emotions coming back in such full force.

It does get better. I know you probably hear that a lot and are sick of hearing it but tis the truth. Hope ye are ok peeps!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Ooh what be this?

fr336 wrote:
    Ooh what be this?
    Just a place where we can come and let off steam or rant or ask for advice.. :)

• Advertisement

Ever wish you could go back in time and tell yourself to say nothing.. Yeah..

Advertisement