Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Ever wish you could go back in time and tell yourself to say nothing.. Yeah..
    Aww *hugs* I totally get that. But look, it'll blow over soon if it's family!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Yeah.. I'll be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

little update on things:

mammy writer is much better thankfully, she was overdoing things a tad bit but she's ok.

No change in himself but he has a date for his operation now, about time mind you! having it in just over a month's time so hopefully he'll be on the mend in the new year

my granny's just ok, not brilliant, I think we'll be looking into long term care ( a nursing home or carer etc) in the near future as we're having doubts she can manage by herself

I'm doing a bit better now that I'm back home in my own environment, today's the first day in quite a while I feel like the right 'mindset' to talk to people and stuff :) I'm not back to my normal self but I'm getting there

My younger cousin is still continuing her treatment for her cancer, she was able to go home for Christmas which is great news:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I know recently enough I have being on a bit of a downer and I do apologise for it but I do need a little bit of a rant again. As I mentioned earlier I collected my cats from my friend this evening. I trusted this person to look after them as they had said to me a few times they were major cat lovers and they seemed to be more than happy to help me out when I asked them to mind the cats.

I dropped them off last Tuesday before I headed to Tipp. Gave my friend more than enough food (Variety pack of 12 cans from Aldi and a bag of dry food) and explained to them that the cats got half a tin in the morning and the other half in the evening mixed with the nuts. That's one can per day per cat and a bowl full of dry nuts.

I picked them up this evening and it was OH that took the bag of food and cans out to the car. I was distracted about seeing the cats again to notice how puzzled OH seemed over how much food was left over. I gave my friend 20 euro for minding the cats and couldn't thank them enough. At that stage OH was out in the car. He didn't say anything until about half an hour ago. He showed me the amount of food that was left over. There should have being six cans left but there was ten left. The bag should have at least being three quarters full but it only looked like a few bowls were taken.

OH hadn't said anything as he rang the friend while I was packing stuff away. Apparently he was pretty pissed off on the phone with them and manage to wiggle the truth out of them. They fed the cats Thursday night and last night. They said they had plans made but didn't tell me because they didn't want to see me stuck.

Oh, isn't that fecking sweet of them!! Sure yeah, lie to me anyway and leave the cats to starve! If I wanted to do that I would have just left them at home locked into the house! I wouldn't have minded if they just turned around and said they couldn't look after them from the start! I would have sorted something else out!!

They've apologised and have offered to hand me back my money but to be honest I am just so disgusted with them at the minute I don't care about the money. My poor poor cats!!

And yes I am well aware I am the crazy cat lady but these animals are like my babies! And no one ****s around with them! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭wylie

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    I know recently enough I have being on a bit of a downer and I do apologise for it but I do need a little bit of a rant again. As I mentioned earlier I collected my cats from my friend this evening. I trusted this person to look after them as they had said to me a few times they were major cat lovers and they seemed to be more than happy to help me out when I asked them to mind the cats.

I dropped them off last Tuesday before I headed to Tipp. Gave my friend more than enough food (Variety pack of 12 cans from Aldi and a bag of dry food) and explained to them that the cats got half a tin in the morning and the other half in the evening mixed with the nuts. That's one can per day per cat and a bowl full of dry nuts.

I picked them up this evening and it was OH that took the bag of food and cans out to the car. I was distracted about seeing the cats again to notice how puzzled OH seemed over how much food was left over. I gave my friend 20 euro for minding the cats and couldn't thank them enough. At that stage OH was out in the car. He didn't say anything until about half an hour ago. He showed me the amount of food that was left over. There should have being six cans left but there was ten left. The bag should have at least being three quarters full but it only looked like a few bowls were taken.

OH hadn't said anything as he rang the friend while I was packing stuff away. Apparently he was pretty pissed off on the phone with them and manage to wiggle the truth out of them. They fed the cats Thursday night and last night. They said they had plans made but didn't tell me because they didn't want to see me stuck.

Oh, isn't that fecking sweet of them!! Sure yeah, lie to me anyway and leave the cats to starve! If I wanted to do that I would have just left them at home locked into the house! I wouldn't have minded if they just turned around and said they couldn't look after them from the start! I would have sorted something else out!!

They've apologised and have offered to hand me back my money but to be honest I am just so disgusted with them at the minute I don't care about the money. My poor poor cats!!

And yes I am well aware I am the crazy cat lady but these animals are like my babies! And no one ****s around with them! :mad:

First i hope your cats are ok, lesson learned i suppose.

second, they are rookies, i would have definitely worked out the food.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

wylie wrote: »
    First i hope your cats are ok, lesson learned i suppose.

second, they are rookies, i would have definitely worked out the food.

The cats are fine, thank goodness. Glad to be home by the looks of it!

I am pissed about the fact that they lied. If they knew they weren't going to be home most of the time and that the cats were going to be left on their own without food, why the hell did they even say yes when I asked them? I know they said they didn't want me put out but to be honest I would have sorted something else out!! And then take the money off me and me thanking them so much!! I just feel like a right ape over it. As you say, lesson learnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

must say I'll be glad to see the back of 2014, it's been an emotional roller-coaster of a year. There's been a few highlights such as doing my presentations which has been a massive success, going to my first beers and a few concerts. On the flip side, himself attempted to end things twice, me getting depression because of the difficulties between us ( or part of the reason) family members being sick and I've lost 5 or 6 friends for some reason or other

it's been one hell of a s*** year and I can't wait until 2015

phew, thats a lot of my chest!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I'll also be glad to see the end of this year, but I know all too well that once New Year's is over with my problems will not have magically vanished - I'll be no better off than before and 2015 will see me still trying to deal with 2014's calamities :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Solitaire wrote: »
    I'll also be glad to see the end of this year, but I know all too well that once New Year's is over with my problems will not have magically vanished - I'll be no better off than before and 2015 will see me still trying to deal with 2014's calamities :(

The same shit again alas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a weird feeling in my guts. Saw one ex today that still manages to make me feel disgusted when I think of what happened there, then found out another ex that I quite miss is probably going to be at a party I'm going to tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Waving buh ****ing bye to 2014, been a meh year for me, given what happened. But i did have some highlights so it wasn't all bad.

Angron wrote:
    I have a weird feeling in my guts. Saw one ex today that still manages to make me feel disgusted when I think of what happened there, then found out another ex that I quite miss is probably going to be at a party I'm going to tomorrow.
    I only have one ex but it would be so so awkward if I ever saw him again.. :o

Best thing you can probably do is just pass yourself if they say hi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Yip me too. Xmas has just been pretty crappy, - nothing really bad just minor crappiness, and the year in general wasn't anything terrific either. Am praying for the third or so week of Jan. and normality to resume and reign true again! Not having a very merry Xmas though has made me excited for and look forward to Xmas 2015! :D /oddball

Aaaaand we have a visitor just as dinner is done on New Year's Day that needed to use the toilet the minute he got in the door...

(a) It's New Year's Day.
    (b) He knows we have dinner at this time.
    (c) He hasn't stopped taking about himself since he arrived.
    (d) Why can't be use the toilet in his own f**king house?

Happy New Year my hole.

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Oh, sweeties, I'm really sad to hear that you've had a crappy year 2014 (even though I can relate to it ;) ) :(

I don't really believe in new year's resolutions, one tend to promise more than one want to/can keep... However, it would please me a great deal if all of you sweet people who are encountering difficult times, be it big or small, could promise (at least just to yourselves) that you will look out for yourselves, for your well-being. Despite what ever troubles may, or may not, lay ahead.... please take care :)

Holy Jesus, he's here again.

Holy Jesus, he's here again.

Count to 10 & take a deep breath.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Count to 10 & take a deep breath.
    I'm going to bed. It's not worth the stress. I'm sick of listening to him talking about himself. And hospitals. And himself. And hospitals. And himself.. You get my drift. My uncle has lung cancer and when my Dad told my neighbour he somehow twisted it and started talking about himself yet again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Oh, sweeties, I'm really sad to hear that you've had a crappy year 2014 (even though I can relate to it ;) ) :(

I don't really believe in new year's resolutions, one tend to promise more than one want to/can keep... However, it would please me a great deal if all of you sweet people who are encountering difficult times, be it big or small, could promise (at least just to yourselves) that you will look out for yourselves, for your well-being. Despite what ever troubles may, or may not, lay ahead.... please take care :)
    Such wise words;)

Happy New Year Lady C- hopefully peoples won't have too much cause to post here in 2015:)

I'm going to bed. It's not worth the stress. I'm sick of listening to him talking about himself. And hospitals. And himself. And hospitals. And himself.. You get my drift. My uncle has lung cancer and when my Dad told my neighbour he somehow twisted it and started talking about himself yet again.

I honestly don't know how you haven't exploded in a fit of rage at your neighbour yet, I mean there's popping in for the odd visit every now and again, but **** me you're neighbour goes way over board with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Walk around in a onesie when he is about, bit too cold to be doing it in the bare essentials.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    I honestly don't know how you haven't exploded in a fit of rage at your neighbour yet, I mean there's popping in for the odd visit every now and again, but **** me you're neighbour goes way over board with it.
    I honestly don't know how I haven't either. My parents entertained him for half an hour this afternoon and then gave out stink when he left so it's as much their fault. He's an ignorant pr**k but they're letting him walk in whenever he pleases.
    Ted_YNWA wrote:
    Walk around in a onesie when he is about, bit too cold to be doing it in the bare essentials.
    Feck I don't know where I left my onesie!

I honestly don't know how I haven't either. My parents entertained him for half an hour this afternoon and then gave out stink when he left so it's as much their fault. He's an ignorant pr**k but they're letting him walk in whenever he pleases.

Feck I don't know where I left my onesie!

*dons tinfoil hat Call me crazy :pac:*, but what if this is your parents way of ya know dropping the ''moving out getting your own place'' hint. Just my 2 cents on the subject.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    *dons tinfoil hat Call me crazy *, but what if this is your parents way of ya know dropping the ''moving out getting your own place'' hint. Just my 2 cents on the subject.
    Oh trust me, that's not it. :(

I've gone from peed off to really down. Great.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm in a heap here too. Don't want to leave the house. Have to in morning.

Yep, same here. Working at 8.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Paws one of these days I iz gonna drive all they way to Portlaoise and bring you House-hunting. D ;P Anyone else interested in a road-trip?!? :)

*insert Mrs. Doyle smug-smirk-y face when she got Fr. Todd Unctious' name right.* :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone else interested in a road-trip?!? :)

*puts hand up*

Im always up for a road trip :D

*puts on his favourite dragon quest 7 cap*

Ok lets go :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Wait for me ....

**Run out the door, pulling up legs of trousers **

Advertisement