Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Living at home is great, but I have absolutely no friends here. They are all in Galway and the only person outside my family I see is the girl I'm seeing (not complaining, I love seeing her). Makes me feel very isolated. Getting me quite down at the moment :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Living at home is great, but I have absolutely no friends here. They are all in Galway and the only person outside my family I see is the girl I'm seeing (not complaining, I love seeing her). Makes me feel very isolated. Getting me quite down at the moment :(

*bro-hugs*

I get ya man.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

*hugs for mrk*

Know how you feel. I hope things get better for you soon. You should confide in the girl you're seeing too, it's possible she might have sensed you're feeling low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

*hugs* for mrk, I know how you feel

*bro-hugs*

I get ya man.
    Cheers bro
    *hugs for mrk*

Know how you feel. I hope things get better for you soon. You should confide in the girl you're seeing too, it's possible she might have sensed you're feeling low.
    Already have. Seeing her tomorrow and she has said she is going to cheer me up so looking forward to that! Not sure if things will get better soon though, nothing around here interests me so can't make friends
    *hugs* for mrk, I know how you feel
    Cheers Writer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*Says in a harsh voice*

Were your bro's now........so ehhh....get use to it :mad:

:D :pac:

I need sleep. :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

I know the feeling PP :( *hugs* :)

Was having a good time with a good woman.....Aaaaaannnnnnddd it's gone :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aww sorry too hear that

What happened?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,257 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ah hell MrK. I'm sorry to hear that..

Sorry to hear that man. :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear that mrk

Awh no.. *hugs for mrk*

We're all here if you need a chat :)

sorry to hear that mrk:( *hugs* pm is open if you want a chat/vent

Aww sorry too hear that

What happened?
    "We are at two different stages in our lives" Sucks but can't argue with it
    Ah hell MrK. I'm sorry to hear that..
    Thanks Grem
    Sorry to hear that man. :-/
    Me too Hugo, me too
    Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that mrk
    Awh no.. *hugs for mrk*

We're all here if you need a chat :)
    Cheers Paws and Ted, I'm a big boy, I'll get over it!

Course you will but it sucks at the time. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Hey M, it's happened and will happen to the best of us. Hope you're ok man. *hugs*

I forgot how much having nothing to do sucked.

I miss work. I miss my colleagues.

*hugs PP* :)

I'm having a really fun year so far. 2015 has already gone on record saying loud and clear it wants to murder my ass :(

Car has to go back in for more repairs before taking another stab at the NCT... only I've been told not to send it off for repairs as according to the results of my blood test I have to go to hospital now or quite possibly get just a little bit dead.

So how can things get even more fun? Looks like the roof is damaged and the water's gone into the bathroom light switch, shorting all the overhead lights in the house. Jury-rigged fix is no longer holding. So now we have to fix a second bit of the roof just after the first bit then spend thousands we don't have on an electrician - and until we do living here will bear an uncanny resemblance to living in the 17th century. All while trying to not-die.

Oh joy ._.

• Advertisement

:eek:

OK after reading that I feel bad for feeling bad.

I hope things getting better for you soon. x

Solitaire wrote: »
    All while trying to not-die.

*bro-hugs*

That's all really rough man. I'll be sending some good vibes your way sir.

*hugs for sol and pp*

we're all here for you..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Jaysus Sol, you're having it rough there.

Water & electricity are not a good combo

Make sure & look after yourself first, NCT can be sorted after.

I have this thing I have to do in two weeks time, and am dreading it in all honesty, I'm kinda restless and anxious about it, any suggestions how to keep my mind off it in the meantime/generally how to keep the stress at bay? I'd rather not have lots of migraines etc from stress in the meantime:(

I hate second wind and thoughts going my mind which I do not want, stupid brain:(

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

I get that too, body exhausted but can't switch off, it's a b(tch

^ Appropriate username is appropriate :D

Just did that last night too, up from before 8am til after 5am yesterday, needless to say with barely any sleep over the last two nights combined I'm knackered :o Didn't help that I had two bad nights in a row... go to bed, and sit there awake feeling sick as a dog. I prefer sleeping when I go to bed, thankyouverymuch >_>

wl, you've gotta find a good mix of diversions, useful and not-so-useful. Use the latter to de-stress when you need it and the former to avoid feelings of guilt over all the displacement activity - at least you're getting something useful done :P And if this terrible thing is something you need to do work towards and/or plan out in advance, use the useful activities to get yourself in an industrious state of mind, then plunge in and tackle the issue. Once it starts doing your head in don't force yourself too much, instead go and do something you want to so you can have fun and then once de-stressed go back to doing distracting-but-useful things to build up your focus before even thinking of re-engaging with the problem issue :)

Thanks sol:)

I actually did this a bit sooner than planned, was probably one of the most biggest and hardest decisions of my life, scary as hell but was quite liberating ( as corny as that sounds!). It'll take a while to get used to the life change but I'm glad I did it

I hope I get a better sleep tonight as I didn't get to sleep until 3 or 4 and was up at 7am

• Advertisement

My uncle had a stroke a few wks back and he had a bad turn at the start of the week and looks like he won't make it :(

Advertisement