Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

thanks guys, I really hope so too. Bit annoyed with her, she has this button on her watch on her wrist that if she presses it people will call to her for help. But she didn't bloody use it last night and was on the floor all last night, making her condition a lot worse, when time is of the essence with strokes! Argh!

but anyway what done is done now, just hope she's ok

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

I'm having a really s***y day, home from college with a stomach bug and my granny had a stoke this morning, in cork hospital now. not looking good...
    Oh no, poor writer. We're all here for you. Hopefully she'll be OK xx

Oh no, poor writer. We're all here for you. Hopefully she'll be OK xx

thanks pp x

my mom and dad are on their way down to cork now to help out and she's having scans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Well ffffffffffffffffff iddlesticks! Fiddlesticks and brass-knobs. Something that was supposed to be all sorted-out and worked-through is now becoming troublesome. Gahhhhhhhhhhhhh. :( There's only so much following-up on something that ya can do! I thought I had reached the correct point of eh well handover I suppose ya'd call it, where there was no more following up to be done and the end was in sight and I "thought" it was done and was happy/excited whatever! But now, it's SHOYYYTE! Happiness very short-lived. :( Turns out you are NEVER finished with following-up on something. :rolleyes: When ya stop and start thinking about the ending or happy prospects or outcomes ya need to turn up that back-to-reality button a little bit higher and stop thinking and keep going! :/ :rolleyes: It has been turned on its head and am all the way back to square one now for fluff's sake. :rolleyes: Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

*hugs* kmq

i hate that feeling

• Advertisement

so after a few days of tests my granny's condition is more clear, had a stroke likely because of high blood pressure ( can also be a secondary symptom of cancer as she was the first person in my family to have cancer) but for now the drs treating it as high blood pressure. She's lost nearly all function of her left side, speech slurred etc, can't move. there's quite a change in her today, yesterday she was fairly with it and in good form, although had difficulties with motor movements but today she's sleeping which isn't like her at all ( she wouldn't think to have a lie down in the afternoon!) We're told she may never come out of the sleeping and the chances of another one are high so the next 10 days are critical. She started psychotherapy yesterday so hope to continue on with that but it all kinda depends how she's doing. Time will tell I guess..

this week can go jump in a lake!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

so after a few days of tests my granny's condition is more clear, had a stroke likely because of high blood pressure ( can also be a secondary symptom of cancer as she was the first person in my family to have cancer) but for now the drs treating it as high blood pressure. She's lost nearly all function of her left side, speech slurred etc, can't move. there's quite a change in her today, yesterday she was fairly with it and in good form, although had difficulties with motor movements but today she's sleeping which isn't like her at all ( she wouldn't think to have a lie down in the afternoon!) We're told she may never come out of the sleeping and the chances of another one are high so the next 10 days are critical. She started psychotherapy yesterday so hope to continue on with that but it all kinda depends how she's doing. Time will tell I guess..

this week can go jump in a lake!

So sorry to hear that writer

uul8acgjzosk9xzvet2w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

So sorry to read this, writer. :(

Hope you're doing OK. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

hugs WL.. ill be prayin' for your grandma...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that Writer. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Thats awful....hope things improve Writer:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Poor Writer. I hope you're ok pet!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Bang The Drums

Hope things get better soon Writer.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Hugs for everyone is called for

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Hugs for everyone is called for
    thanks ted ill include meself into that list if thats ok...
    have some tough turbulences lately.. : (

Hope your troubles get resolved soon Joya

thanks pals, means a lot :) I'm a bit all over the place but bearing up as much as I can. Hoping to visit her this weekend

Evening Noccers....happy Friday:)

Grid. wrote: »
    Evening Noccers....happy Friday:)
    i believe you've missed the thread there grid :d))

Sorry i did...wrong thread:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Grid. wrote: »
    Sorry i did...wrong thread:o

It's all good G. We all make mistakes! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

The bold Internetz is speculating saying un-savoury hurtful things about my ickle lil bro. :( This saddens me. Alas it goes with the territory. Now I miss him and would love to see him. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The bold Internetz is speculating saying un-savoury hurtful things about my ickle lil bro. :( This saddens me. Alas it goes with the territory. Now I miss him and would love to see him. :(

Oh gosh I don't know what to say. Internet is a nasty place when it picks on someone. I hope you can cope ok KMQ.

Give people a keyboard & it allows them to say things they would never have the courage of saying to your face.

You know the real side to your brother, try not to let these muppets get you down Dottie

hope you're ok kmq, there can be nasty people out there:(, try not to let it get you down

I decided I wanted to post this because I need to type it out and just get it out of me.

I have being suffering from anxiety/depression for a few years now. I have being treated for it, saw a counsellor and for the last two to three years I kinda had a grip on it. Things were going well. I got a job last year in a kitchen and I ended up in college this year training to be a chef. My friends and family were so proud of me because I was finally putting things behind me, putting my life together and focusing on a career.

Everything was going well in the course. I was marked quite well, I secured work placement and I enjoyed the course. We went on Easter break. I kinda had a bad day at my work experience a few weeks ago and ever since then I have being having these panic attacks and I honestly feel like everything is spiralling out of control. I have lost my confidence, I am doubting my abilities, I feel like I am loosing my mind. I get anxious for no reason what so ever.

I feel like I want to drop out but seeing as there is only three weeks left in the course, what's the point? Still though I don't feel like returning to college, I just want to curl up and leave those three weeks pass. I don't want to do the work experience. But at the same time I know if I do that I am just going to end up disappointing my family and friends. I am actually heart broken and disgusted with myself, I honestly don't know what to say or do anymore.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Mozz, most colleges have a support network in place for this sort of thing. Have you looked it up?. It might be just the thing you need to give you that little bit of strength and confidence..

Mozzeltoff wrote: »
    thanks for sharing mozz, not sure you know but theres quite few of us here in the same boat re depression and panics etc...

i thought to ask why quit college if you have bad experience in internship?
    id personally quit that internship there has to be a better place for you to work..

Joya wrote: »
    thanks for sharing mozz, not sure you know but theres quite few of us here in the same boat re depression and panics etc...

i thought to ask why quit college if you have bad experience in internship?
    id personally quit that internship there has to be a better place for you to work..

Honestly Joya, I really don't know how to answer that. I suppose it's because the work experience is a big part of the course and if I quit that now I might not be able to secure placement elsewhere and I end up failing the whole blasted thing anyway.

BTW it's not like I had one bad day in there and decided to call it quits. I have had a lot of bad days in work and it's making me question my ability to be a chef. I know everyone has to start somewhere but it's knocking me for six at this stage of the game and I just can't deal with any of it anymore.

Deep down I know I shouldn't quit, it's just the anxiety/depression pulling me under but I am just sinking fast into it and I am just so angry and pissed off with myself for allowing it to happen.

• Advertisement

if anyone knows how hard is to study or even move due to depression it is me.. last year for exams in january i literraly spent lying in my bed, geting up for bathroom only, and reading few pages in the evening per day.. that little took more energy that i had in me at the time..
    but yes, i kept going, thinking if this is my best so be it, i accept it, and i accept the outcome of it whatever it is..
    that would calm me .
    accept that that is you at the moment, and whichever consequences may come, it is health and it is not easy..

perhaps thought that 4 weeks from now so it will be over, "this too shall pass".. could help.

i also at that stage yes started taking medicine as my psychologist suggested ages ago but i was reluctant to start..
    if i only knew sooner how much it would help me...

Advertisement