Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

It's only 3 weeks Mozz. I'd see it out.

A few weeks into my first job out of college I went through something similar. Felt totally inadequate & out of my depth. Looking back now it was close to being classed as depression.

Come home & no interest to eat or do anything, just go to bed & unable to sleep. Rinse & repeat for a few weeks. Only reason I didn't quit was every time I had the intention to chat to manager they were in meetings or calls.

Saw them bad couples of weeks out & 9 years later I am still in the same place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Hey Mozz. Not really sure what to say here, except I hope you feel better soon. Like the others have said, still out the last three weeks in college if you can at all. You'll probably kick yourself if you don't at least give it a shot. I hope you have more confidence in yourself, honestly. You always seem so happy when you're talking about working with food. Passion is half the battle when it comes to choosing a career.

I think this kinda goes without saying around here but PM is always open if you need it. x

PS: You're one of my favourite Lairlings* so I hope things get better for you soon.

(*Ssshh, don't tell the others I said that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

hope you're ok mozz, I could have written the same post four years ago (only I was doing IT) the first two months of the course went fairly well, then I had a few bad days, and as a result of my own stupidity (not taking medication) I became depressed, withdrawn, not myself at all. As a result of being depressed everything was a struggle and my attendance in college went way down. Near Christmas and over new year I got worse and I wouldn't be alive today if it wasn't for a phone call, but thankfully I didn't actually go through with anything. After the new year my folks spotted something was wrong, got me back on the medication, I really wanted to drop out as I just felt awful but I actually managed to get through my exams, though the skin of my teeth! It was a hard few weeks but I managed it

I don't really have any advice for you, just that I know how hard it is, thinking of ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Depression and anxiety in environments such as college and work can be horrible. I know this first hand unfortunately. As Joya, Ted and others have said though, it can actually pass thankfully.

You come across as a smart and passionate girl on Boards here. I'm certain that you can grab this beast by the balls and show it who is truly in control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

hi pals.. joya here... i ve test tomorrow for which i havent been goin to lectures and havent open the notes for once, also it is a closed book exam worth 20 percent and i feel sick in me stomach :(

friend im working in other group project also hit me with her energy sayin how she was doing everything and me nothing and now shes panicking cause she wants to get high marks on it and it really brought me down as i like her but.. i was really feelin how it is dragging me down to place i do not want to go anymore..so had to fight it..
    so i ignored it since yesterday and tday texted her as all's ok and if we can meet tonight to work on our project and she was like yee great..
    i mean wt*....
    it is due on sunday and we have a presentation on monday lol... and that is 60 percent of that module..

so instead me learning for the exam tom i today was going through our code tryin to fix some things...

i wish to sleep over next few weeks.. :(....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Joya wrote: »
    hi pals.. joya here... i ve test tomorrow for which i havent been goin to lectures and havent open the notes for once, also it is a closed book exam worth 20 percent and i feel sick in me stomach :(

friend im working in other group project also hit me with her energy sayin how she was doing everything and me nothing and now shes panicking cause she wants to get high marks on it and it really brought me down as i like her but.. i was really feelin how it is dragging me down to place i do not want to go anymore..so had to fight it..
    so i ignored it since yesterday and tday texted her as all's ok and if we can meet tonight to work on our project and she was like yee great..
    i mean wt*....
    it is due on sunday and we have a presentation on monday lol... and that is 60 percent of that module..

so instead me learning for the exam tom i today was going through our code tryin to fix some things...

*hugs*

That sounds like a lot of pressure to be under there. :-/

i mean wt*....

*hugs* joya

that sounds like a lot of pressure:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

*hugs joya*

thanks guys.. m at the college now waiting for her..hope we will manage i mean i wouldn't like to get myself under pressure but that attitude is just killin' me. so if i don't want to get stressed (cause i know where it took me before) it does not mean i do not care, if you know what i mean..

but whatever now.. ... :(...

feeling quite lonely and down :( (sorry i know I must sound like a broken record at this stage :o)

• Advertisement

i understand ye writer.. i still love my ex.. even its over 2 years after i broke up wit him.. and miss him still, fighting with esire to text him or email him..
    i think ill always love him however this may sound..
    i met other guys after him of course. but my heart somehow.. was not moved at all.. not even close...
    with me flatmate it was just a pure crush but it was far away from love i mean it had nothing to do with love..

Joya wrote:
    i understand ye writer.. i still love my ex.. even its over 2 years after i broke up wit him.. and miss him still, fighting with esire to text him or email him.. i think ill always love him however this may sound.. i met other guys after him of course. but my heart somehow.. was not moved at all.. not even close... with me flatmate it was just a pure crush but it was far away from love i mean it had nothing to do with love..

Yeah it's funny that someone can make such a big impression on you, I still have feelings for mine and miss him even though he treated me with crap, it's hard :-( but I know we couldn't have a relationship again, also trying to resist contacting him.

:-)
    well 5 years of life together made an impression alright :-)....
    m not contacting him either, he came few months ago out of the blue unannounced
    send me a message for christmas etc
    but i do not contact him.. just to his mom i text her for her birthdays.. that family was so good to me for a long time, even now..

:-)
    well 5 years of life together made an impression alright :-)....
    m not contacting him either, he came few months ago out of the blue unannounced
    send me a message for christmas etc
    but i do not contact him.. just to his mom i text her for her birthdays.. that family was so good to me for a long time, even now..

yeah 5 years is quite a while, that's great for not contacting him, it takes willpower at times. So far I haven't contacted him either, but its an uphill struggle! At times I'd like a bit of closure on the subject but other times I'm not so sure. great your in good terms with his family

they were always from the beginning and all the time yes.. its a very good family.. his father is a top high rank in cork politics.. and he has two sis and a brother.. but him..
    he is the broken one.. didnt know that from the start.. just when i was already involved very very deeply..
    so yeh.. i experienced heaven with him..
    and then hell..
    and all in between the mixture..
    when someone you love is asking you for help and you try whatever you can and cannot and still fail and see the only option is to break it all and kick him out...
    he left me no choice..
    truth is you cannot help anyone till that person is ready to help themselves.. on their own...
    i hope he will find a way sooner or later, even few times i saw him afterwards i saw he went a bit lower than what he managed while he was with me.. searchin' for something.. hope he finds it, whatever it is ...

they were always from the beginning and all the time yes.. its a very good family.. his father is a top high rank in cork politics.. and he has two sis and a brother.. but him..
    he is the broken one.. didnt know that from the start.. just when i was already involved very very deeply..
    so yeh.. i experienced heaven with him..
    and then hell..
    and all in between the mixture..
    when someone you love is asking you for help and you try whatever you can and cannot and still fail and see the only option is to break it all and kick him out...
    he left me no choice..
    truth is you cannot help anyone till that person is ready to help themselves.. on their own...
    i hope he will find a way sooner or later, even few times i saw him afterwards i saw he went a bit lower than what he managed while he was with me.. searchin' for something.. hope he finds it, whatever it is ...

oh cool, big family. I had a good relationship with his family, all nice to me and loved their home cooking. His mom also helped when he attempted to dump me a few months before I said i'm done, thought it was nice of her although it was a little embarrassing

that is so true joya, I tried to help him million of times but he never accepted it, in the end I had to say I'm done as nothing I could have said or done would have changed his controlling ways, hopefully he'll get help for his issue when he's ready to get help and your ex finds a way through..

yeah i hope so too.. addiction is a terrible disease.. once i am enough financially stable i will finish that counseling and psychotherapy college i started and would like to work in social services..

yeah i hope so too.. addiction is a terrible disease.. once i am enough financially stable i will finish that counseling and psychotherapy college i started and would like to work in social services..

oh yeah, its terrible big time! that sounds quite cool though:)

[URL=""]..[/URL]

2.5 yrs ago..

edit: i took the pic down now,.. i just thought to show you :-)...
    as they say one pic s worth more than a thousand words........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Jesus f*cking Christ. Sibling went into the kitchen and stood in dog wee. She then spent the next 15 minutes screaming at everyone else like we were the ones that peed on her, terrified one of the dogs who ended up hiding. She then blamed all of us for scaring it, and has spent all the time since talking to us all like we have personally wronged her and treating us like sh*te.

• Advertisement

Jeez, talk about an overreaction, Angron!!! :eek:

No wonder my neighbour keeps coming down here.. He asked my mother for 3 eggs for his dinner. What did she do? She gave him half a dozen!!! For f**k sake. He comes down and makes himself tea, sits in front of the TV talking so my mother turns it down. Then she asks him if he wants biscuits. He never refuses. Why would he stop coming when my parents treat him like royalty. Then they give out about him when he leaves! This would actually be laughable if I wasn't practically shaking with anger. I swear, if I had my way I'd be locking the doors and letting him ring the doorbell until he got the message.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

25d.jpg

Irish laws of hospitality are a part of our bones Paws, it's not an easy thing to ignore - they're a fundamental and integral part of celtic life.

I'm all for making someone feel welcome, but this is taking the p1ss..

Angron wrote: »
    Jesus f*cking Christ. Sibling went into the kitchen and stood in dog wee. She then spent the next 15 minutes screaming at everyone else like we were the ones that peed on her, terrified one of the dogs who ended up hiding. She then blamed all of us for scaring it, and has spent all the time since talking to us all like we have personally wronged her and treating us like sh*te.
    Jeez, talk about an overreaction, Angron!!! :eek:

No wonder my neighbour keeps coming down here.. He asked my mother for 3 eggs for his dinner. What did she do? She gave him half a dozen!!! For f**k sake. He comes down and makes himself tea, sits in front of the TV talking so my mother turns it down. Then she asks him if he wants biscuits. He never refuses. Why would he stop coming when my parents treat him like royalty. Then they give out about him when he leaves! This would actually be laughable if I wasn't practically shaking with anger. I swear, if I had my way I'd be locking the doors and letting him ring the doorbell until he got the message.

*hugs* for you both

Thanks writer

Feeling a bit low tonight. Not quite sure why. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Fathers birthday this week. Hard not to miss him, with everything going on.
    Trying to be upbeat for the family, keep the jokes coming, keep them laughing.

I hope I can last past the weekend.

Fathers birthday this week. Hard not to miss him, with everything going on.
    Trying to be upbeat for the family, keep the jokes coming, keep them laughing.

I hope I can last past the weekend.

*hugs* aaron

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Thanks writer. They say it's supposed to get easier as time goes on. Those people are liars.

ive learned this morning that a very good friend of mine such a gentle and delicate soul, ended his life on saturday.. there are no words...
    im in a total shock...............

• Advertisement

ive learned this morning that a very good friend of mine such a gentle and delicate soul, ended his life on saturday.. there are no words...
    im in a total shock...............

so very sorry joya :( that is awful to hear

Advertisement