Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

OMG Joya that's so awful... Massive hugs to you. No idea what to say but I hope you're doing OK. x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

yea, not sure tbh... he was fighting depression lately but he was such a complex and rich soul on many levels....
    dont know yet when the funeral will be..
    i know his beautiful girlfriend of many years and have no words to describe this........

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry too hear that joya *hugs*

I'm still in shock... At work but haven't started me computer yet.. My boss tells me to go home..
    My ex bf was also a friend we knew lots of people together..
    Not sure if id call him to see how he is..
    And other friends we knew...
    It's just a shocking news......... Very surreal....
    I feel huge pain in me chest while I'm breathing...
    We did many things together just is surreal ill never talk with him again...
    Not to mention his gf I know for many years.. It's just.. No words really....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah Joya, I'm really sorry to hear that :(

• Advertisement

Thanks WL paws seph and shiminay...it means however this may sound..
    I came back home..txting w mutual friends ...
    Went to church and lit a candle and said some words if he can hear them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Sorry to hear that Joya. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

I am sorry for your loss Joya. It's heart breaking so it is :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Sorry to hear that Joya :(

Have known a couple of people who have committed suicide. Wasn't that close to them, but still a big shock when you get the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I've lost a friend to suicide, getting the news takes the wind right out of your sails.

We're all here for ya Joya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭writer_lady170

so it looks like my granny is going into a nursing home, I kinda feel sorry for her as she's always been fierce independent and the days of looking after herself are gone..her whole life has totally been thrown upside down:( The cost of the nursing home is frankly insane, I forget what the actual figure is but its a €1000 a day gone down the drain, quite likely we'll have to sell her house

I don't know about the rest of ye but I officially hate strokes :(:mad:

so it looks like my granny is going into a nursing home, I kinda feel sorry for her as she's always been fierce independent and the days of looking after herself are gone..her whole life has totally been thrown upside down:( The cost of the nursing home is frankly insane, I forget what the actual figure is but its a €1000 a day gone down the drain, quite likely we'll have to sell her house

Writer, get one of your family to look into the Fair Deal scheme.

But yeah, that really sucks. :(

Writer, get one of your family to look into the Fair Deal scheme.

But yeah, that really sucks. :(

will do, thanks pp:)

yeah kinda disappointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭LadyAthame

OMG I am so so very sorry to hear it Writer Lady. I had an aunt in a nursing home. It was a nice place if that makes it any easier. But I know it can't be easy. xx

LadyAthame wrote: »
    OMG I am so so very sorry to hear it Writer Lady. I had an aunt in a nursing home. It was a nice place if that makes it any easier. But I know it can't be easy. xx

thanks ladyathame, yeah not easy, probably spend the weekend in Cork and tell granny what's going on and start the ball rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Condolences Joya on the recent loss

Writer I hope things work out for you and the family with regards your granny

Condolences Joya on the recent loss

Writer I hope things work out for you and the family with regards your granny

thanks stereo :)

is there a way to hire a nurse to take care of her im sure her salary would be less that 1k a day ?

Joya wrote: »
    is there a way to hire a nurse to take care of her im sure her salary would be less that 1k a day ?

unfortunately not joya, the original plan was that she would go home with 24 care from 2 nurses and my Mom would move to Cork to help a bit but we were told there would only be certain hours that the care would be provided. My mom and other family members were considering taking over when the nurses left but some of my granny's care involves personal care which none of my family would be prepared to do and don't think granny would like that as well.

My granny was told what was going on yesterday, that the nursing home was the only option left. She was ok about it surprisingly, think the plan is that she'll move to tipp and there's a nursing home not to far from where my folks live. The good news is that it's a bit more cheaper than the one in Cork

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

As bad situations go, it's not the worst Writer, a bit of a respite to get some steps in the right direction.

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    As bad situations go, it's not the worst Writer, a bit of a respite to get some steps in the right direction.

that's true shim, trying to think positive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭kissmequick

Would love to be out. :( Feeling rather lonely. :(

I want my own space. I should have stayed away when I got the chance.

Edit:

My mother needs to calm down and my neighbour needs to f**k off.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Very disheartened the last few days.. My mental health issues and this damn referendum are like a double edged sword to me at the moment.. Sorry for such a terrible post but I need to get it out in the hope I'll sleep sometime today.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I'm so sorry if I broke the noc forum spirit with a super negative post..

which is a super negative post grem? i didn't see one..
    btw im sorry you feel down and about the referendum you know we'll all vote yes..
    i only hope we will end up in a majority, it is a time for change was loong time ago but better ever than never..
    so fingers crossed crossed crossed :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm so sorry if I broke the noc forum spirit with a super negative post..

You did no such thing , vent away thats what this thread is for.

Hugging-the-Dragon-may-be-more-Helpful.jpg

Hope you're ok Grem. Like Joya said we're all voting yes, it's time for a change.

You're entitled to vent here like the rest of us. :) x

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Grem girl, don't be upsetting yourself. It's going to be a tough week but look after yourself. We're all voting yes. I am making my way back to Tipp to vote! (well to see the family more so but still!)

Rant here as much as you want. Luvs ya Grem :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

Very disheartened the last few days.. My mental health issues and this damn referendum are like a double edged sword to me at the moment.. Sorry for such a terrible post but I need to get it out in the hope I'll sleep sometime today.

*hugs* grem

hope you're ok, feel free to pm if you need to chat

you're perfectly entitled to post rants like the rest of us :)

Advertisement