Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

oh god mozz, as I was reading that I was fearing the worst! I think he was being a bit of creep..certainly up to no good anyway. well done on getting out of the situation :) stay safe x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Place is full of crazies Mozz. Glad you had your wits about you & noticed him.

At least your OH didn't do anything, because he would have been in the wrong in eyes of the law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Jesus Mozz, I was getting nervy reading your post! I hope you're OK. You absolutely didn't overreact IMO. You did the right thing getting in touch with your OH. The guy sounds very dodgy.

Hope you're OK xx

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What a cretin!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Thanks for the replies guys. I am not feeling as freaked out as I was, just pretty angry about it. I don't want to be melodramatic about the whole thing but it is a fright to say I couldn't even walk back to my own house without some yoke following me. I know this is a once off and it doesn't happen all the time but still, it shouldn't happen at all!! I am so thankful that nothing else happened and that I got out of the situation as quickly as I could.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,365 ✭✭✭Joya

sorry to hear of the trouble mozz, had two similar unpleasant instances in my life, once was kidnapped with two of my friends while in croatia (my only unpleasant experience in croatia ever), second time in barcelona was approached by two black man one each side in a narrow darkish street on my way home from work..

both things ended well, first one the man decided to let us go as the "connection" was late (lol), other time i played friendly and as i do not understand what they are saying so i guess they found it cute and decided not to harm me..

not a nice thing to go through so thank god it ended well : )..

Glad you're OK Mozz. You're right though, you should be able to walk back to your own house without feeling threatened and being scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Jesus Mozz! Fair play to the OH confronting the scum like that.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just got word that the palliative care team have been sent in to my aunt..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Sorry too hear that grem

*hugs*

• Advertisement

So sorry to hear that Grem :( xx

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Very sorry to hear that Grem :(

So sorry to hear that Grem :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

Oh jeez Grem, I am so sorry to hear that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I had to Google Palliative Care as i hadn't a clue what it is, sorry to hear about your aunt Grem :(

We're here for ya

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Thanks to you all. It's a bit weird. Waiting game really..

so sorry to hear that grem :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Aw Grem, I'm sorry :(

Thanks all for your support. No update yet today. But thanks really.. I've said I love lair before but it's just so heartening to see how some people just reach out to others out of pure decency.

Thanks all for your support. No update yet today. But thanks really.. I've said I love lair before but it's just so heartening to see how some people just reach out to others out of pure decency.

We might mess around and act goofy in here, but at the end of the day we're all pals and wish each other the best.

• Advertisement

We might mess around and act goofy in here, but at the end of the day we're all pals and wish each other the best.

Truer word were never spoken

It's so true :)

Family affairs are sometimes too much to handle.....: (....

Joya wrote: »

Sorry to hear that Joya. Families can be a right handful at times unfortunately.

You OK there joya San?

sorry to hear joya, I know they can be stressful at times

Yes I'm ok I guess but had very unnecessary hard conversation with my older sister and her hus, last time o was here I thought we sorted out things but it turned out to be not fully true..
    It is a very long story so in a way perhaps it's good it happened, I need to sleep on it to know what next step may be but yea.. Took me and my brother by surprise...

Yes I'm ok I guess but had very unnecessary hard conversation with my older sister and her hus, last time o was here I thought we sorted out things but it turned out to be not fully true..
    It is a very long story so in a way perhaps it's good it happened, I need to sleep on it to know what next step may be but yea.. Took me and my brother by surprise...

I hope things turn out ok there for you. *hugs*

Hugs for Joya. Hope you're OK. :) x

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭butterbun

Sorry, Joya. Allow me to wear a sweater of ice packs and hug the heat/bad feels away.

Advertisement