Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Fuck depression.

That is all. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

i second that, its awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Very much **** depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,517 ✭✭✭addicted to caffeine

heyday30 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I know it's awful atc.

*hugs

thanks for the hugs heyday :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Loads of hugs for all you guys xx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

I Second all that! crappy crappy crapness. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭akamossy

Five weeks ago we buried my Nan, tomorrow we are burying my uncle, her son who passed away the day my engagement party was meant to be. I'm exhausted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus, that's a crappy hand to be dealt, sorry for your losses akamossy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's awfully rough mossy, I'm so sorry to hear that.

Jeez Mossy that's awful. I'm really sorry for your loss xx

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Oh Mossy, I've no words for that.. *hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭heyday30

Condolences mossy.x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭stereomatic

Condolences Mossy. I hope the recent bereavements don't weigh too much on your mind

Went out to my brother's gig last night, their first gig in this particular pub. There was a nice crowd there. But before they went on, they had an argument while they were setting up, and it was obvious to me when the went on stage. They were barely looking at each other and the singer wasn't herself at all. Usually she comes down when they take their break in the middle of the set but last night she didn't, she sat backstage by herself. She's going out with the other guy in the band and apparently this argument was between him and my brother. She barely spoke to either of them, she was almost afraid to look at either of them tbh. I don't have a clue what went on.

I've just woken up and I feel really sorry for my mam. She is so upset over the argument last night, and about everything that's going on lately. It sounds like whatever happened was my brother's fault tbh. Lately he has a bit of a 'F**k everyone' attitude and he's treating everyone like they're nothing. She's actually so upset and tired of running around after him that she's vomiting as we speak. I'm so f**king p1ssed off at my brother. He got everything handed to him, my Mam even bought them their equipment and they're paying her back but I can see this all going tits up and my Mam will be almost 500 euro down because he's being a d1ck.

He appreciates nothing. He expects my Mam to just drop everything and run if he wants a lift, or if he wants food, or if his girlfriend wants to come out, or if he wants guitar strings, or anything at all. And he has started using me as a f**king taxi service as well. It's gone beyond a joke.

I'm honestly thinking about not going to their gigs anymore. His attitude is ruining things for him, and as far as I can see his gf would only be too happy if that happened. I'm sorry to say it but I don't trust her one bit. I can't warm to her. Every time both of them are here (which is a lot because they cant seem to spend more than a couple of hours away from each other), we're all walking on eggshells around both of them, and when she does talk it's generally to badmouth someone or give a smart answer. Usually age differences wouldn't bother me but she's just turned 18 and he's 22 but there's a difference in maturity. I'm just sick of the two of them and I'm sick of the way he's treating us all.

You're brother sounds like he's developing a case of Axl Roseitis Paws.. He's going to ruin a good thing because his ego up is swelling too quickly, and 2 band members falling out over a woman, Yuuuuuuuuuuuup it's gonna end bad, or ya could ya know stick the boot in him LITERALLY and tell him to stop acting the jackass before things really go tits up and he ends up being kicked out.

Also his girlfriend may have something to do with his attitude adjustment.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    You're brother sounds like he's developing a case of Axl Roseitis Paws.. He's going to ruin a good thing because his ego up is swelling too quickly, and 2 band members falling out over a woman, Yuuuuuuuuuuuup it's gonna end bad, or ya could ya know stick the boot in him LITERALLY and tell him to stop acting the jackass before things really go tits up and he ends up being kicked out.
    Yeah I'm thinking the same. We don't know what the falling out was over. Knowing him it was something completely mundane. They left without even saying goodbye to each other last night and I think it's actually caused a row between the other two, who are a couple. So he could break up both a band and a relationship if he doesn't stop acting like a pr**k.
    Lithium93_ wrote:
    Also his girlfriend may have something to do with his attitude adjustment.
    I'm thinking the same. I'm really trying to like her but I can't.

Yeah I'm thinking the same. We don't know what the falling out was over. Knowing him it was something completely mundane. They left without even saying goodbye to each other last night and I think it's actually caused a row between the other two, who are a couple. So he could break up both a band and a relationship if he doesn't stop acting like a pr**k.

I'm thinking the same. I'm really trying to like her but I can't.

Is your brother known to throw tantrums?? Breaking up a band is fine, but breaking up a band & a relationship, that'd be a no no in some rulebook somewhere, he'll be made to look the dick IF both band/couple go tits up..... Me thinks, if he continues this behaviour, he could be kicked out and easily replaced... Also keep an eye on his girlfriend, she may try and act all ''innocent'', but girls are (not a sweeping generalization) known to be **** stirrers.

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Is your brother known to throw tantrums?? Breaking up a band is fine, but breaking up a band & a relationship, that'd be a no no in some rulebook somewhere, he'll be made to look the dick IF both band/couple go tits up..... Me thinks, if he continues this behaviour, he could be kicked out and easily replaced... Also keep an eye on his girlfriend, she may try and act all ''innocent'', but girls are (not a sweeping generalization) known to be **** stirrers.
    He wouldn't have been but lately he's been throwing a few hissy fits tbh. See, the singer and my brother were playing together for ages, then the other guy joined and then they became a couple. My brother's gf doesn't like him for some reason, but since shes made her feelings clear, my brother has turned against him too. It just seems like what she says goes. I cannot see why she wouldn't like him because he's a lovely guy, honestly, and so is the singer, they're both really nice. I'll be keeping an eye on the gf but I don't trust her as far as I could throw her. In this case I think you're right about this girl.

• Advertisement

Well as his elder sibling, i think this is one of those moments where you can literally kick his ass for being a knob head, maybe give that girlfriend of his a bollicking as well and tell her to stop stirring the proverbial ****e, he obviously has a good thing going here being in a band, i mean would he throw that all away for a woman.. There are 3 kinds of P's that can destroy a band.. Power and i forget what the other 2 are..

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Well as his elder sibling, i think this is one of those moments where you can literally kick his ass for being a knob head, maybe give that girlfriend of his a bollicking as well and tell her to stop stirring the proverbial ****e, he obviously has a good thing going here being in a band, i mean would he throw that all away for a woman.. There are 3 kinds of P's that can destroy a band.. Power and i forget what the other 2 are..
    I'm actually dreading him coming home from his girlfriend's house this evening. Mam has had enough of him so he might be getting a bollocking sooner rather than later tbh. He's acting like a spoilt child lately. He expects to get everything easy and not have to work for anything. I've been really nice to the girlfriend, but she's been very rude to me a few times and I'm sick of it. He does have a good thing going and they're very talented but he's going to fcuk himself up royally if he doesn't cop himself on.

Well, he's back in the house 20 minutes and he's already shouted at me and banged his fist against his bedroom door, so I'm spending Sunday evening crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

He needs a swift kick up the , & told to grow up.

If I tried that carry on, I wouldn't be able to sit down until 2050.

He got away with everything. That's his problem. I'm done with him now. I'm fed up of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You need to move out Paws first chance you get.

You are a lot more mobile now with the car.

I know. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,614 ✭✭✭Mozzeltoff

If any of my siblings acted like that towards either of my parents they wouldn't be long getting a bollocking out of me. He's not two, he's fecking twenty two. Your parents need to start pressing the thumb screws in. As much as your parents mean well to him, they really shouldn't be given him any kind of hand outs. He's twenty two, he's big and bold enough now to be out earning his own way.

If I had acted like that I wouldn't have gotten away with it for so long. No way in hell. I don't know why he's different. Golden Boy syndrome strikes again I suppose. Not any more though. My Mam has seen the light after yesterday evening's antics.

She collected him from his gf's house intending to talk with him when they got home. She left him here to have a shower while she went to see my dad's brother (he's got lung cancer and she changes his transdermal pain relief patches and helps him in any way she can). While she was gone he tried to ask me what she had said about the argument so I said "She's not very pleased about how you acted. I don't know what happened but if you were upset you should have waited until after the gig to say your piece."

So, he immediately tore into me and said it wasn't his fault and ended up saying that he gets to support in this house, and that we don't back him up. Then he stormed back into his room, slammed the door and banged his fist off the door. The whole house shook. He's got an awful temper. I'm not proud of myself but I completely lost it at that point and I tore strips off him and said he needed a serious chat with himself because he was acting like a toddler. I hope the neighbours didn't hear me because I was literally screaming at him.

We don't back him up??!! Is he fcuking joking??!! My Mam has done everything she could to help him all through his life like any mother would, she's helped the band out like you wouldn't believe. And me, I've gone to every single one of their gigs, I've shared their page on Facebook and Twitter, I even got other people to come see them, I've given them lifts to gigs and practices when my Mam couldn't. I'm sickened and I'm really hurt that he had the fcuking neck to say he gets no support.

I'm done. I can't go see them again now, and that's if there's even a band to see because there's been no contact since. They have loads of gigs booked between now and Christmas and there's no way I'll be there. I would have counted the singer as a good friend even though she's only 20, but now I can't talk to her because of the way he's carried on. I don't know the other guy in the band as well but he seems like a really lovely guy as well.

After my Mam came back I stayed in my room because I was really upset and I was crying, but she came in and asked me what happened. So, I told her and she went to talk to him. He got all defensive and put on this 'poor me, everyone is against me' bullsh1t attitude. Then he stormed out of the house and was gone for about an hour so my Mam got worried and rang him. Guess what he had done. He had walked to his friends house and asked his dad for a lift to his gf's house. He wasn't going to tell anyone where he was going. I'm absolutely livid with him. I feel sick.

I did feel sorry for my Mam yesterday though. She's given him anything he could have possibly wanted, she's helped the band out by buying nearly 500 euro worth of equipment so they wouldn't have to wait to get it (they're paying her back using gig money), she's brought then to gigs, she's set up our shed so they can practice here as well so that they wouldn't be in one house all the time, she's dropped him in to practice in their houses, and the other two band members have been more thankful than him.

I'm just sickened by the whole thing.

:mad: :(

• Advertisement

Once someone develops a case of Axl Roseitis it usually ends 1 way, BADLY..... Wouldn't be surprised if he's been dumped in the rotten potatoes and replaced by someone else...... I feel completely sorry for you Paws, your brother's acting the knob and blaming everyone else.. Like Ted said, and oddly enough i agree with him, you've got the car, move out before the situation goes Holy Wars IF it already hasn't. Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks from a distance.

Advertisement