Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Ah yikes. Hope he's better soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Nerin wrote: »
    Yup. Redsetter vs Newfoundland. Not good odds.

:eek: oh noes.... *hugs* I hopes doggys ok

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

doom hates bad doggy news. Hope he's ok. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Yup. Redsetter vs Newfoundland. Not good odds.

Sorry to hear that mate. My friends dog was mauled by a vicious dog a few years ago, covered in blood too. The thing that was crazy about it all was this vicious dog was not fit to be kept as a pet, we knew that as soon as that dog got away from its' owners clutches that it would do some real damage. And that's exactly what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Hope he pulls through ok.
    Nerins dog lost a Battle and is now stuck in the vets before his master makes his epic voyage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I am having a **** day, fed up of smug friends that it ALWAYS works out for them without putting in the work. wonder if vodca would help my mood..... and its not to full of calories.....
    :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

God Nerin that's awful, it really is. I hope he's ok. Fights and injuries from them usually look worse than they really are so hopefully this is one of those cases.

I can't bear the thought of anything happening to any of my dogs.

I am having a **** day, fed up of smug friends that it ALWAYS works out for them without putting in the work. wonder if vodca would help my mood..... and its not to full of calories.....
    :(:(:(

Temporarily yes. But probably not a good option in the long run. Trust me. ><

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Hes just been really sad and shocked since it happened,but turns out he had to be taken to the vets because the dogs bite was infected. Damn zombie dogs. I'm in dublin now,pre flight,but news from the wildlands says hes doing ok and home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Hes just been really sad and shocked since it happened,but turns out he had to be taken to the vets because the dogs bite was infected. Damn zombie dogs. I'm in dublin now,pre flight,but news from the wildlands says hes doing ok and home

Well that's good to hear so. He'll be back to himself in a few days.

• Advertisement

That's good to hear man, now go and enjoy yourself.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Goddamnit. My sister decided to invite 10 of her friends over, the house is already a mess and they're only making it worse. They're noisy as hell and if anything goes wrong it'll be blamed on me.

I wonder how much it is for a sisterectomy...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

€50 and it'll look like an accident. I even have my own shovel and bag of lime...

I'll do it for free, they don't call me Stuntman Mike for no reason.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Hi all, I just had a thought. We all know that The Lair is for fun chat so I came up with a thread where you can be moody without the guilty feeling of being a come down.:pac: Rant or vent about anything you want. Stressful times at home, work or college. Let go about how your mates suck and don't understand you. Or just feel free to air some bad feeling (but don't be confrontational). I'll get the ball rolling with a somewhat lighthearted rant.

The state of the horror genre in movies. It sickens me! I mean when is the last time you saw a good film with Vampires eh? No offence to all you fans of the Underworld franchise but it is in all honesty a case of style over substance. In fairness though, I'd take that franchise anyday over films about teenage vampires with angst (cough*Twilight*cough). Oh and Dakota Fanning is in the sequel. Yes! And now we're being treated to Gavin & Stacey having their way with the genre. It's a sad sad state of affairs.

And when's the last time you saw a classic horror movie that you could call not just a great horror movie, but just a great movie in general. Back in the day we'd see acting greats such as Jack Nicholson in awesome films such as The Shining. Or Arnie in The Terminator. Now what do we get? A bunch a B movie films with a bunch of forgettable eye candy. I despair.

Rant over. Don't leave me hanging people.:pac:

Did you make this post after i was around in your house saying how all these new horror films arent scary just eye candy ! and back in the day you were in nappies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭lebron james

I'm in the mood for a joint a bottle of ice cold beer and a horror movie. Maybe 2 joints who's with me.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That's not really what we're about here...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

.....leaving my place, my friends, my city.....
    plus...
    plus.
    Aw.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

awwww... poor thing :(

feel ya there.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    Did you make this post after i was around in your house saying how all these new horror films arent scary just eye candy ! and back in the day you were in nappies :D

Ha ha I never disagreed with you, I was just saying Drag Me To Hell is genuinely disturbing!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i FCUKING HATE THE SUN, I HATE TAKE THAT, I HATE THE DRUNKEN IDIOTS WHO WHERE AT THE GIG, I HATE THE SCUMBAG KIDS TRYIN TO SNEAK IN, I HATE THE FCUKWITTED PARENTS SITTING BEHIND THEM DRUNK CHEERIN THEM ON TELLIN THEM HOW TO GET IN//OPEN THE GATES ETC.....I HATE THEM ALL!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i FCUKING HATE THE SUN, I HATE TAKE THAT, I HATE THE DRUNKEN IDIOTS WHO WHERE AT THE GIG, I HATE THE SCUMBAG KIDS TRYIN TO SNEAK IN, I HATE THE FCUKWITTED PARENTS SITTING BEHIND THEM DRUNK CHEERIN THEM ON TELLIN THEM HOW TO GET IN//OPEN THE GATES ETC.....I HATE THEM ALL!!
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Please note the important part of this post.

Yeah, people were not making a good representation of themselves last night in town after the gig.

Rowdy Take That Fans? What's next?:eek:

SDooM wrote: »
    Please note the important part of this post.

Yeah, people were not making a good representation of themselves last night in town after the gig.

i am burnt to fcuk right now! its just rediculous! yeah a certain number of fans last night were just plain rediculous....aka the ones that were obliterated drunk and missed all the support acts!

you have no idea man! the amount of drink confiscated was rediculous, full bottles of smirnof ice, bottles of wine, cans of beer, vodka, you name it, we found it! and ive got a gig tonight that i have to do bright red!

:mad: <--- i literally look like this right now!

There was a horrid ladette stereotype all over Dublin last night. It was... irritating.

I stayed in my friend's all day and night having a bbq. Much smarter. ;)

you have no idea man! the amount of drink confiscated was rediculous, full bottles of smirnof ice, bottles of wine, cans of beer, vodka, you name it, we found it! and ive got a gig tonight that i have to do bright red!

:mad: <--- i literally look like this right now!

What were you doing? Security?
    There was a horrid ladette stereotype all over Dublin last night. It was... irritating.

Jeez man at least Grames had to be there, what's your excuse for going into town the night of a Take That gig??!!:p
    I stayed in my friend's all day and night having a bbq. Much smarter. ;)

See this man right here had the right idea!:D

Jeez man at least Grames had to be there, what's your excuse for going into town the night of a Take That gig??!!:p

See this man right here had the right idea!:D

The DooM was engaged in ritual combat with the fighting game forum, and then consumed some alcoholic beverage in a make bonding ritual after the synthesised violence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

random GRR and :mad: and wtf, who gets 'daddy' to sort out an accident YOU caused??!!
    fckers will pay up gods damn it.. or else I'll get angry angry...and they won't like me angry angry...

• Advertisement

yup...i was on the search barriers for the pitch standing tickets for 12 hours....i think im dying, the flamey cancer ball may have given me cancer....*goes to find the cancer song*

The DooM was engaged in ritual combat with the fighting game forum, and then consumed some alcoholic beverage in a make bonding ritual after the synthesised violence.

aka fighting forum beers!

Advertisement