Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

star-pants wrote: »
    random GRR and :mad: and wtf, who gets 'daddy' to sort out an accident YOU caused??!!
    fckers will pay up gods damn it.. or else I'll get angry angry...and they won't like me angry angry...
    Hell hath no fury like a woman who's fcuking p1ssed off. I'll be hiding in the bomb shelter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hell hath no fury like a woman who's fcuking p1ssed off. I'll be hiding in the bomb shelter.

damn right, I was semi ticked off about otherstuff before this 'accident' but this has just rightly pssed me the frak off.... I'm a nice person, I was really kind to this girl who was visibly upset at the fact she'd hit me, I did my best to calm her down and not to worry it'd get sorted.
    For her DADDY to get me to try and let it slide? Then when I go 'eh no... heres my estimate' he turns all nasty n 'well you admitted liability'
    me going WTF 'what are you talking about'
    him 'you admitted liability'
    me 'no i didnt?'
    him 'thats not what my daughter says' (smirky tone).

GRRRRRRRRRARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH RAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

damn right, I was semi ticked off about otherstuff before this 'accident' but this has just rightly pssed me the frak off.... I'm a nice person, I was really kind to this girl who was visibly upset at the fact she'd hit me, I did my best to calm her down and not to worry it'd get sorted.
    For her DADDY to get me to try and let it slide? Then when I go 'eh no... heres my estimate' he turns all nasty n 'well you admitted liability'
    me 'no i didnt?'

Well if its obvious that she hit you, the testimony of her father won't hold any weight.
    "Ask my brother am I a liar."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

random GRR and :mad: and wtf, who gets 'daddy' to sort out an accident YOU caused??!!
    fckers will pay up gods damn it.. or else I'll get angry angry...and they won't like me angry angry...

Is that you She-Hulk?:eek::p

To answer you question; daddy's girls, that's who.:pac:
    yup...i was on the search barriers for the pitch standing tickets for 12 hours....i think im dying, the flamey cancer ball may have given me cancer....*goes to find the cancer song*

Poor Grames, I once considered doing security at gigs, but I'm glad I turned down the chance if this is the amount of stress that a Take That gig causes. Imagine what a Slipknot or Slayer gig would be like.:eek::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Galvasean wrote: »
    Well if its obvious that she hit you, the testimony of her father won't hold any weight.
    "Ask my brother am I a liar."

cartain accidents it may not be obvious ya kno? and a 2 on 1 situation could turn into a mess even though SP is 100% in the right...ive seen it happen when i was workin in axa plenty of times.....claims being dragged out for yonks!!

SP your best bet is to go over the fathers head........talk specifically to the daughter if possible, if the dad was not involved at al politely inform him he has no legal say. (unless shesa minor....please say shes not)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I was actually offered a job doing security at a club last year. Turned it down though. I just didn't want that kind of aggravation on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Imagine what a Slipknot or Slayer gig would be like.:eek::pac:

actually, was talking to the owner of a bar that does a lot of decent gigs there lately, one of the dudes i was with works as a bouncer and he was asking if the dude employed any security. apparently he never employs security specifically for metal or punk gigs, as the peeps tend to police/look after each other.

Poor Grames, I once considered doing security at gigs, but I'm glad I turned down the chance if this is the amount of stress that a Take That gig causes. Imagine what a Slipknot or Slayer gig would be like.:eek::pac:

i worked a slayer gig before, unholy allience in the point a few years back....pretty damn hectic but not a bad crowd at all, most of them listened and were allright but then there were the fcukers who just wanted to moan for the sake of it! a gig i never want to work again is oasis! disgusting fans.....there hasnt been an oasis gig in the last 25 years where there hasnt been killings at it (figurativley speaking)

Sure i know a guy who lives on the grounds of a park where gigs are played. Only fans to cause any real trouble (ie: break his windows) were the Pink fans.

actually, was talking to the owner of a bar that does a lot of decent gigs there lately, one of the dudes i was with works as a bouncer and he was asking if the dude employed any security. apparently he never employs security specifically for metal or punk gigs, as the peeps tend to police/look after each other.

Really? I would have thought that in the event that something like a mosh pit gets out of control and people are being trampled on then security would be needed. Then again I am talking as a novice.:o
    i worked a slayer gig before, unholy allience in the point a few years back....pretty damn hectic but not a bad crowd at all, most of them listened and were allright but then there were the fcukers who just wanted to moan for the sake of it! a gig i never want to work again is oasis! disgusting fans.....there hasnt been an oasis gig in the last 25 years where there hasnt been killings at it (figurativley speaking)

Ha I am an Oasis fan myself but I've never gone to a gig, I know what type of fan they usually attract.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

me 'no i didnt?'

Don't worry too much about this SP. Unless there's an independent witness to someone admitting liability (which you obviously didn't anyway) that won't make a difference. If they decide to dispute liability, you'll be asked to submit an accident report.Make this as detailed as possible and provide a diagram. It's much easier to accurately portray the truth than describe something which didn't happen (which they'll have to do if they try to get away with it). The insurance assessors will look at the damage to the cars and it'll be fairly obvious to them who's telling the truth.

It's not something you want to go through but it'll work out in your favour once you're in the right. One other thing is never leave it go more than three days without phoning the insurance company for an update. Because they'll try to drag it out but if you hound them, they'll realise this won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Really? I would have thought that in the event that something like a mosh pit gets out of control and people are being trampled on then security would be needed. Then again I am talking as a novice.:o

granted it's more of a local band/smaller international type band kinda venue. holds a few hundred people, but not a lot more. yeah, he reckons, and he does have many years of experience, that the metal crowds tend to behave themselves more than most.

had to agree on the night actually, not an ounce of trouble. moshpits alright, but no one really got out of control.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Don't worry too much about this SP. Unless there's an independent witness to someone admitting liability (which you obviously didn't anyway) that won't make a difference.... .

Well I'll be honest as I got out of the car I said 'I'm sorry' but that's an automatic thing I do, if someone bumps into me I go I'm sorry, if someone tries to get past me, i go 'oh i'm sorry'. I'm just a person with too much manners at times!
    But it just happened so fast twas like bam wtf?
    And realised what must have happened,I was driving down, she obv didnt see me and reversed out and as I felt the impact and hit the breaks, was enough time to scrape down the side of my car.

Well I'll be honest as I got out of the car I said 'I'm sorry' but that's an automatic thing I do, if someone bumps into me I go I'm sorry, if someone tries to get past me, i go 'oh i'm sorry'. I'm just a person with too much manners at times!
    But it just happened so fast twas like bam wtf?
    And realised what must have happened,I was driving down, she obv didnt see me and reversed out and as I felt the impact and hit the breaks, was enough time to scrape down the side of my car.

Saying sorry doesn't mean anything to be honest!!!

So did she reverse directly into the side of your car?

ah so naieve! most mosh pits are just a bit of fun jumping around, after a while they are dispursed and if it gets bad security jump in (but really it doesnt resort to that at the majority of gigs.....except oasis ones)
    Ha I am an Oasis fan myself but I've never gone to a gig, I know what type of fan they usually attract.:pac:

horrible horrible scumbags and this time i am not talkin abotu the minority, its the majority i am referring to at these gigs!
    granted it's more of a local band/smaller international type band kinda venue. holds a few hundred people, but not a lot more. yeah, he reckons, and he does have many years of experience, that the metal crowds tend to behave themselves more than most.

had to agree on the night actually, not an ounce of trouble. moshpits alright, but no one really got out of control.

absolutley! metal fans have moshing etiquate (sp?) that is if someone falls...the pit stops until they are picked up and checked if they are ok...then it can resume.....unfotunatley this is lost on the newer rock goers (teenage feckers) who keep goin and could really hurt someone! they learn fast enough though!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Saying sorry doesn't mean anything to be honest!!!

So did she reverse directly into the side of your car?

I meant that's the only thing I said that MIGHT be taken as 'liability'

Yeah she was reversing and hit the side of my car, the marks start at the door side of my wheel arch so obviously that much of my car was out behind her before she hit it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah she was reversing and hit the side of my car, the marks start at the door side of my wheel arch so obviously that much of my car was out behind her before she hit it.

The insurance companies will examine the cars. Hope you're ok speester :( they'll make a judgement on that, everyone is an armchair lawyer in Ireland these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Feck,

My Ex's parents are up in the apartment helping to move her stuff so I think I'll risk exposer to the Flamey Cancer Ball and get some food away from all the drama......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

New city. No place, maybe job.
    SCARED.
    happy.
    SCARED.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well I'll be honest as I got out of the car I said 'I'm sorry'

Bam. You have admitted or at least indicated that you think you're partially/fully in the wrong. Never apologise for other people's stupidity. This'll turn into a messy one for the insurance companies to sort out.

Heavy Metal gigs are very friendly places to be believe it or not. Metal fans understand the danger of moshing through experience and will pick people up straight away. The problem these days is the kids don't get any exposure to this cause we're all about health and safety and so they have no idea to behave and what's cool. It falls to people like me to put manners on them when they act out of turn :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kharn wrote: »
    Heavy Metal gigs are very friendly places to be believe it or not. Metal fans understand the danger of moshing through experience and will pick people up straight away. The problem these days is the kids don't get any exposure to this cause we're all about health and safety and so they have no idea to behave and what's cool. It falls to people like me to put manners on them when they act out of turn :)
    +1, I've seen far more people acting like idiots at non-metal gigs than at metal gigs.

That said, when I saw the massive circle pits on the Download webcast during Slipknot last night, I wanted to be there...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Kharn wrote: »

tis very true, almost fell to my death at a concert I was at last year (not heavy metal twas the misfits :P) but there was still some hard core moshin goin on and about 5 dudes bout 15-25 years older than me picked me up really quickly and asked me was I alright before almost slaughtering me again :)
    was lovely

If you still looking for a place the best thing to do is setup a Daft.ie email alert with the areas your interested in.
    New city. No place, maybe job.
    SCARED.
    happy.
    SCARED.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    If you still looking for a place the best thing to do is setup a Daft.ie email alert with the areas your interested in.
    ty 4 the suggestion! Was on daft earlier on but didnt think about it!

Ah yeah, I know what you meant but unless there was an independent witness (like a guard or something) it can't hold up. I went through all this about a year and a half ago. My situation was even a little less clear cut than yours (I was in the right but I tried to avoid the collision. It would have been clearer had I just allowed the crash to happen which is ridiculous) but because I knew I was right, I kept persisting with it. It'll all work out for the best, don't worry.

Last night I dreamt that I discovered a new kind of cheese which worked as a powerful aphrodisiac.
    Alas, when i awoke this morning teh sex-cheese was no more. :(

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Long story short, my brothers and I cancelled our policies with an insurance company based in the UK. My brothers had no problems lodging their cheques into their bank account except for me. I was told by some weapon that I had to wait five days for the cheque to clear with no explantion given. When I asked why did my brothers have no problem, all I got was "maybe you have a different bank account."

I'm convinced this weapon just did this because I was looking a bit dishevelled. I'm going down tomorrow in my newly bought suit to accuse her of discrimination.:mad:

Bitch!

LZ,
    The 5 day delay on cheque is a money making scam.

But in saying that the type of account I have lets me lodge a cheque walk outside and push the full amounth from the ATM, with most people can't...
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Long story short, my brothers and I cancelled our policies with an insurance company based in the UK. My brothers had no problems lodging their cheques into their bank account except for me. I was told by some weapon that I had to wait five days for the cheque to clear with no explantion given. When I asked why did my brothers have no problem, all I got was "maybe you have a different bank account."

I'm convinced this weapon just did this because I was looking a bit dishevelled. I'm going down tomorrow in my newly bought suit to accuse her of discrimination.:mad:

Bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

[brooding hat on]AAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Exam results Thursday - absolutely dreading them. I did way worse than I expected to and am 90%+ certain I failed at least two. :(:( I'm gonna nervous about them all week and if I do fail I'm gonna be crushed and dreading the repeats.

Oh summer 2009 is a lot suckier than I hoped it would be. :(

[/removes brooding hat]

• Advertisement

Relax knifewrench. I'll bet you'll be grand.
    But repeating is fun, you get to make study alliances with the reprobates. :D

Advertisement