Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Relax knifewrench. I'll bet you'll be grand.
    But repeating is fun, you get to make study alliances with the reprobates. :D

I had to Google the word "reprobate" :o

Everyone tells me "Ah you'll be grand" but I know myself I did terribly. The best I can hope for is to fail just one exam and pass the year by compensation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    LZ,
    The 5 day delay on cheque is a money making scam.

But in saying that the type of account I have lets me lodge a cheque walk outside and push the full amounth from the ATM, with most people can't...

It's weird man, it's in my account but I can't touch it. WTF?:confused:
    I had to Google the word "reprobate" :o

Everyone tells me "Ah you'll be grand" but I know myself I did terribly. The best I can hope for is to fail just one exam and pass the year by compensation.

You never know, I find college exam results unbelievably difficult to predict. I've failed ones that I thought I aced, and I've aced ones that I thought I failed (like literally, I was expecting a fail for one last summer and got a B+:pac:). So chin up, things might not be as bad as you think, as long as you gave a decent whack in terms of quantity at each question you've always a chance.:)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    It's weird man, it's in my account but I can't touch it. WTF?:confused:

You never know, I find college exam results unbelievably difficult to predict. I've failed ones that I thought I aced, and I've aced ones that I thought I failed (like literally, I was expecting a fail for one last summer and got a B+:pac:). So chin up, things might not be as bad as you think, as long as you gave a decent whack in terms of quantity at each question you've always a chance.:)

The check thing is normal Lazybee.
    Painful if you need the cash, but definitely not as a result of your scruffy scumbag like appearance. :pac:

Your bang on about the exams.
    The lecturer wants to make themselves look good too.
    How everyone else does definitely affects your grade.
    This is your first year Knifewreennch? The important thing is that you get through, not your grades. A compensation pass does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Lazybee.

Love it.

The check thing is normal Lazybee.
    Painful if you need the cash, but definitely not as a result of your scruffy scumbag like appearance. :pac:

I'm a bit calmer today, once I saw the money was there in my account I calmed down. What a bummer, I was looking forward to getting in my suit and all.:pac:
    Galvasean wrote: »
    Love it.

You will NOT love it.:mad:

:pac:

• Advertisement

What a bummer, I was looking forward to getting in my suit and all.:pac:

Indeed. I have made a mental to *try* and avoid pissing you off. :pac:

Indeed. I have made a mental to *try* and avoid pissing you off. :pac:

Ha ha, it takes a lot to piss me off so you'll be fine I'm sure.:p:pac:

Sorry but that is BS. You have a short fuse and annoying the bejaysus out of people is my very own special talent. :P

So long as the two of us don't get pissed at the same time, thereby threathening disruption to the space time continum. We'll be alright :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Matrix.

MatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrix.

all spark Matrix.

Til all are one!

Sorry but that is BS. You have a short fuse and annoying the bejaysus out of people is my very own special talent. :P

So long as the two of us don't get pissed at the same time, thereby threathening disruption to the space time continum. We'll be alright :D

Short fuse? :eek: Me? :eek: Never. :p

The only thing that honestly pisses me off is arrogance, which was unfortunately what I had to deal with yesterday.
    SDooM wrote: »
    Matrix.

MatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrixMatrix.

all spark Matrix.

Til all are one!

Crulk are being screwed I tell ye.:mad: If only Thor was the Hulks partner. :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Short fuse? :eek: Me? :eek: Never. :p

The only thing that honestly pisses me off is arrogance, which was unfortunately what I had to deal with yesterday.

Thor drops hammer. Prime is a being worthy of hefting it. Prime now has Matrix and power of Thor. Thulk would still die.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Thor drops hammer. Prime is a being worthy of hefting it. Prime now has Matrix and power of Thor. Thulk would still die.

180px-Jet_Optimus_with_hammer.jpg

Arent you the one who paired Prime with Megs?

Arent you the one who paired Prime with Megs?

Believe it or not, it was random. The probability is quite large when there are only 8 characters to put into four pairs of two.

So im in negotiations with a view to work on a film and I noticed on the mailing list that I am currently being credited as 'Sean Galva'.
    I have half a mind not to correct them and start using that as my 'showbiz' name. :cool:

So im in negotiations with a view to work on a film and I noticed on the mailing list that I am currently being credited as 'Sean Galva'.
    I have half a mind not to correct them and start using that as my 'showbiz' name. :cool:

Sean Tron would sound much better.:p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Just call it your nom de film for movies you don't want your real name to appear on.

So I had an interview today, it went alright. I answered some questions well, others not so well. What gets me though is that fair enough, I have no previous voluntary experience, but they had my CV in front them and they knew what experience I had. But they still asked questions like "Oh do you have any communication skills besides for verbal?" and "how would you promote social inclusion among the people you would be supervising?" They knew already that I couldn't answer those questions, they just wanted to watch me draw blanks. Gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Some interviewers just want to put potential employees under some unexpected pressure to see how they react.

Would communication skills via computer/email, written format or telephone been applicable for the job?

Rhyme wrote: »
    Some interviewers just want to put potential employees under some unexpected pressure to see how they react.

Would communication skills via computer/email, written format or telephone been applicable for the job?

Good communication skills on the telephone are relevant to the job and that's cool because I have experience dealing with people on the phone. But when I say communication skills they are looking for, I mean sign language or something to do with using pictures. I mean c'mon, if I had those skills I would have put them down on my CV!:(

• Advertisement

Good communication skills on the telephone are relevant to the job and that's cool because I have experience dealing with people on the phone. But when I say communication skills they are looking for, I mean sign language or something to do with using pictures. I mean c'mon, if I had those skills I would have put them down on my CV!:(
    And those skills are very specific, they probably shouldn't have asked you those questions if they weren't listed on your CV unless the skills were necessary for the job.

What was the job for, if you don't mind me asking.

And those skills are very specific, they probably shouldn't have asked you those questions if they weren't listed on your CV unless the skills were necessary for the job.

What was the job for, if you don't mind me asking.

Social Care Worker (got a degree in Social Science), ah maybe I'm being too harsh on myself. The questions I answered well I answered really well so fingers crossed. It's just one or two questions that embarassed me!

Social Care Worker (got a degree in Social Science), ah maybe I'm being too harsh on myself. The questions I answered well I answered really well so fingers crossed. It's just one or two questions that embarassed me!

Every interview I've ever been too has been a balance of good and bad, you probably did fine. Good luck when they start to call people back :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

Every interview I've ever been too has been a balance of good and bad, you probably did fine. Good luck when they start to call people back :)

+1

Lz this here is exactly what id say to you :) and iv got my fingers crossed for you.

lolly22 wrote: »
    +1

Lz this here is exactly what id say to you :) and iv got my fingers crossed for you.

Thanks Rhyme and Lolly, I've calmed down now and I've realised that in hindsight, I did a good interview. It's just that the negative parts are what you focus on in the immediate aftermath!

It's just that the negative parts are what you focus on in the immediate aftermath!

Perfectly normal.

Now go chill out and think about something else, videogames, cheesy 80's action movie, the next installation of Deadly Alliance.

Ah nuts, I didn't get it. Oh well, I'm not too heartbroken, I got a fair idea about what the job was all about in the interview and I don't think it was for me. No worries.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Sorry to hear that LZ.:( Fingers crossed for the next one. :)

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that LZ.:( Fingers crossed for the next one. :)

Thans Clip and it's cool, the more I thought about it over the past day or so I've realised that I didn't want it. I know my strengths, and they wouldn't have been any help in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Thans Clip and it's cool, the more I thought about it over the past day or so I've realised that I didn't want it. I know my strengths, and they wouldn't have been any help in there.

And you've also had the interview experience wich will help for the next one. :)

Advertisement