Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm moving to Galway, got a new job starting there on Tuesday. I only found out 3 days ago that I got the job... I know nobody down there and I don't have accomodation sorted yet so I'm probably going to spend most of next week living in a hostel. Right now I'm scared ****less about it.

It's going to be scary, but once you do it, it'll seem a lot easier.

And sure, it'll keep ya busy. :D

I'm moving to Galway, got a new job starting there on Tuesday. I only found out 3 days ago that I got the job... I know nobody down there and I don't have accomodation sorted yet so I'm probably going to spend most of next week living in a hostel. Right now I'm scared ****less about it.

Galway is lovely!!! Everybody adores it. You will too. :)

It is a really sociable place. You will met people easily.

All the students will be gone for the summer, it will be easy to get a place to stay.

Sleepzone is a nice hostel in the city center.

I actually prefer it to a B and B, because you get to talk ****e to people at 4 in the morning in the internet cafe. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hey Kirby, I was in a similar position when I went to college there.

I found out a week before college started that I'd gotten a place. I was away fro the week before hand, so I'd the sunday to pack, and travel down, to start Monday.
    I knew no one, I was however lucky to get to stay with a family who took in students, and I did become very close with them. But for the first while, you're still on your own in a sense.
    It was a bit scary - new city, new place, no friends.
    But I positively loved my time down there once I got settled. It's not a million miles away from here hun. You WILL make friends, and you'll find out from work collegues the best places to try and stay etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

You can prob ignore this guys just had to get this out. What the **** is with taps. Were at point pluming wise were we can have both hot and cold water coming out the same tap and were you can use his function to find a friendly mediam. So for the love of god why do people still insist on putting the two separate taps into new houses etc. your either to scolded by the hot tap or frozen by the cold one, eventually you end up trying to move your hands between the two as fast sas you can to try and gain a nice mediam. Enevitably you end up hittin your hand off either the sink bowl or one of the taps itself. Maybe it’s for astetics but it P**S’s me off os much. Every bathroom in this house other than mine has the nice mixeed taps and I’m going to end up ripping them out of the sink AAAHHHHH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

who you gunna call????

a plumber!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

You can prob ignore this guys just had to get this out. What the **** is with taps. Were at point pluming wise were we can have both hot and cold water coming out the same tap and were you can use his function to find a friendly mediam. So for the love of god why do people still insist on putting the two separate taps into new houses etc. your either to scolded by the hot tap or frozen by the cold one, eventually you end up trying to move your hands between the two as fast sas you can to try and gain a nice mediam. Enevitably you end up hittin your hand off either the sink bowl or one of the taps itself. Maybe it’s for astetics but it P**S’s me off os much. Every bathroom in this house other than mine has the nice mixeed taps and I’m going to end up ripping them out of the sink AAAHHHHH

now this is definatley a shpeel from a certain comedian i just cant think of which one! comeon LSB tell us!

now this is definatley a shpeel from a certain comedian i just cant think of which one! comeon LSB tell us!

no not from anyone else just something that piss's me off has for years you prob heard me one night when i was drunk crying in a corner cause the pub had the seperate taps :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

oh yeah, i remember the comedians name, it was that conor garvey fella!

oh yeah, i remember the comedians name, it was that conor garvey fella!

what a twat i hate that guy so much:mad::mad::mad:

what a twat i hate that guy so much:mad::mad::mad:

ah he is fairly funny, if a bit crazy at times!! he is going to be playing the tap in a few weeks, the same bill as me and galvasean.....he doesnt know about it yet, but then again neither does the clubs promoter so itll all work out in the end!

• Advertisement

ah he is fairly funny, if a bit crazy at times!! he is going to be playing the tap in a few weeks, the same bill as me and galvasean.....he doesnt know about it yet, but then again neither does the clubs promoter so itll all work out in the end!

lot of work and opionions needed before then been so long since i did it

lot of work and opionions needed before then been so long since i did it

ah you can think of a 7-10 minute set in a few weeks. just do me a favour...ill actually turn this into a rant seeing as im in the brooding corner:

would so called "comedians" or people who are trying to be funny please stop with the fcuking michael jackson jokes!? now this is not me on my high horse or anything (seeing as i make jokes about jade goody) all im sayin is people have got to stop making MJ jokes for the fcuking sake of it, either bad child molestation jokes or terrible puns on his songs (more often than not discussing child molestation) if you are thinking about writing mj jokes...thats fine just take the extra few minutes and try actually make them funny, and clever not just "mj touched kids now he is dead haha" BS that we are all hearing atm! its fcukin rediculous, put a bit of thaught into the jokes and i may actually laugh!

/rant

ah you can think of a 7-10 minute set in a few weeks. just do me a favour...ill actually turn this into a rant seeing as im in the brooding corner:

would so called "comedians" or people who are trying to be funny please stop with the fcuking michael jackson jokes!? now this is not me on my high horse or anything (seeing as i make jokes about jade goody) all im sayin is people have got to stop making MJ jokes for the fcuking sake of it, either bad child molestation jokes or terrible puns on his songs (more often than not discussing child molestation) if you are thinking about writing mj jokes...thats fine just take the extra few minutes and try actually make them funny, and clever not just "mj touched kids now he is dead haha" BS that we are all hearing atm! its fcukin rediculous, put a bit of thaught into the jokes and i may actually laugh!

/rant

i agree i'v heard like two clever jokes and the rest have all been retarded stuff that someone like lee evens would come up with, you know if he was a prick

i agree i'v heard like two clever jokes and the rest have all been retarded stuff that someone like lee evens would come up with, you know if he was a prick

they arent smart, they arent clever and as a result they arent funny!

they arent smart, they arent clever and as a result they arent funny!

no i can honestly say that i'v heard two smart ones. i still wouldn't consider them funny but they were smart.

actually just to say it i love m.j.

no i can honestly say that i'v heard two smart ones. i still wouldn't consider them funny but they were smart.

actually just to say it i love m.j.

yeah i had tickets to see him! we were offered two options:

1) full refund

2) our tickets (i dunno, for a souvener (sp?) for the gig we will never get to see)

ill take the money thank you very much!

yeah i had tickets to see him! we were offered two options:

1) full refund

2) our tickets (i dunno, for a souvener (sp?) for the gig we will never get to see)

ill take the money thank you very much!

i'd say get money back

ok ok another stupid rant of mine.

ahhhhhh what the fcuk is with the harry potter books a few weeks ago a started to read the 6th book. having not read any of the other books i didn't think that it would be any good. what the hell, it's actually class. i had to finish the two books as fast as possible. they were so good. now i find myself waiting and waiting for this new movie and interested in the the changes that they made to the story line,
    AAAAHHHHHHHHH it annoys the crap outta me it's a god damm kids book. i have no problem liking other things for kids. but for some reason this annoys the crap outta me. like it's a story about a prepubesint wizard. But the it drags you in.
    grrrrrrrr

rant over
    not one of my most readable but it angers me so much. sorry

there is a new harry potter book comin out, gonna be written by george fox, he reads the first chapter here:

start playing at 4:25....NSFW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Arrrgggg,

Just back from the Cluster-Fúck that was my trip to Graspop {Camping at a 4 Day Metal Festival} ....

Very short version, due to been fecked and dying of a cold:

AerLingus lost my bag on the way over with had my cloths and tent.
    Then to cap it all off my wallet with all my money and credit cards was stolen...

• Advertisement

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Arrrgggg,

Just back from the Cluster-Fúck that was my trip to Graspop {Camping at a 4 Day Metal Festival} ....

Very short version, due to been fecked and dying of a cold:

AerLingus lost my bag on the way over with had my cloths and tent.
    Then to cap it all off my wallet with all my money and credit cards was stolen...

of **** me man. was there any upside.

Saw some really cool bands I'd never of heard of if I did not see them there.

And I found out first hand that Disturbed are dicks, put on a **** show and them turned up in a "locals only" metal bar in Amsterdam.
    David Draiman was ****ed after two small glasses of beer and a few drags of a joint.

of **** me man. was there any upside.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Absolutely exhausted today. :(

Saw some really cool bands I'd never of heard of if I did not see them there.

And I found put first hand that Disturbed are dicks, put on a **** show and them turned up in a "locals only" metal bar in Amsterdam.
    David Draiman was ****ed after two small glasses of beer and a few drags of a joint.

well thats something, not even the bands but having seen the twat do that.
    any names of bands i should check out

for the future i think that if you kic up enough of a fuss with the airline company they give you a smnall cheque so like you could have gotten a spare tent

I had 4 hours to cross Belgium and when I rang them they told me it was nothing to do this them, that is was who ever I reported the bag missing to problem... I'm going to give them an ear full when I get over the cold.

ETHS were amazing live, sexy little balls of emergy:

Samael

Gojira

well thats something, not even the bands but having seen the twat do that.
    any names of bands i should check out

for the future i think that if you kic up enough of a fuss with the airline company they give you a smnall cheque so like you could have gotten a spare tent

Edit:

Crap this post is a bit long :/

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^^ GOJIRA FTW \m/

I had 4 hours to cross Belgium and when I rang them they told me it was nothing to do this them, that is was who ever I reported the bag missing to problem... I'm going to give them an ear full when I get over the cold.

Gojira :/

heard of Gojira before have one of there albums for some reason thought they were irish

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

heard of Gojira before have one of there albums for some reason thought they were irish
    Gojira does sound like an irish phrase.

...and mutated Japanese reptiles.

Rhyme wrote: »
    Gojira does sound like an irish phrase.

...and mutated Japanese reptiles.

evening Rhyme how are you.

is there more than one i thought godzilla was the only reptile, but what do i know these days with the high availability of radioactive materials anything can mutate

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

evening Rhyme how are you.

is there more than one i thought godzilla was the only reptile, but what do i know these days with the high availability of radioactive materials anything can mutate

Good but sore, you?

There's been so many versions of Godzilla, I have to be vague to encompass them all :)

Advertisement