Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

Rhyme wrote: »
    Good but sore, you?

There's been so many versions of Godzilla, I have to be vague to encompass them all :)

why you sore ?in a basket

ye there was godzilla as a dos, with strings, cgi, what else
    you know the funny thing is that with all of those advancements they still can't make an actually scary movie weather it has monsters or just phycos

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

why you sore ?in a basket

ye there was godzilla as a dos, with strings, cgi, what else
    you know the funny thing is that with all of those advancements they still can't make an actually scary movie weather it has monsters or just phycos
    No basket, was marching in uniform in Wicklow today.

True, we've become desensitised to monster movies. The best scares come from getting inside the viewers head. God I wish there were more films like [REC] and the original Halloween.

No basket, was marching in uniform in Wicklow today.

True, we've become desensitised to monster movies. The best scares come from getting inside the viewers head. God I wish there were more films like [REC] and the original Halloween.

reserves i assume... oh question do you airsoft there is a point to this, i'm not just looking to talk about airsoft

making you believe that your there or that it could easily be you seems to be the only way to get us now like even saw is only shocking not actually scary

reserves i assume... oh question do you airsoft there is a point to this, i'm not just looking to talk about airsoft

making you believe that your there or that it could easily be you seems to be the only way to get us now like even saw is only shocking not actually scary

I don't think I'd be cut out for the reserves. I'm a soldier in that tv show, The Tudors, today was drills. And no, I've never done airsoft, only paintballing.

Yeah. Too many films mistaking 'fright' for 'fear'.

I don't think I'd be cut out for the reserves. I'm a soldier in that tv show, The Tudors, today was drills. And no, I've never done airsoft, only paintballing.

Yeah. Too many films mistaking 'fright' for 'fear'.

really??? thats pretty sweet, good work??
    doesn't matter then was going to ask a question about the uniform were havin some trouble down our way with people wearin it out for games

these days seemingly if it makes you crindge it's scary havn't bothered with the last few saw really should have ended at three at least up to then the story line made sence. another type of film that need to be seriously revised is comedy. look at the crap they spew out scary movie 4 superhero movie, date movie, all rap although i will say the hangover is very good

• Advertisement

really??? thats pretty sweet, good work??
    doesn't matter then was going to ask a question about the uniform were havin some trouble down our way with people wearin it out for games

these days seemingly if it makes you crindge it's scary havn't bothered with the last few saw really should have ended at three at least up to then the story line made sence. another type of film that need to be seriously revised is comedy. look at the crap they spew out scary movie 4 superhero movie, date movie, all rap although i will say the hangover is very good

It's interesting work if anything, my scenes are slated for next Thursday so that should be... something.

Ah, sorry I couldn't help you with that, I know next to nothing about Airsoft and such.

We had a discussion like that on the film forum about the film 2012 about directors just doing the bare minimum to make a profit. Disappointing if anything. The Hangover was pretty cool, had a blast with a few friends at it a while back :)

It's interesting work if anything, my scenes are slated for next Thursday so that should be... something.

Ah, sorry I couldn't help you with that, I know next to nothing about Airsoft and such.

We had a discussion like that on the film forum about the film 2012 about directors just doing the bare minimum to make a profit. Disappointing if anything. The Hangover was pretty cool, had a blast with a few friends at it a while back :)

if you see me on remind me and i'll try and watch.

i don't think it's the directs. if you look the films that actually have a good script you can see that the directors put the time and effort in (american beauty comes to mind). i saw a film the other day were the cinematopraphy blew me away forget what it was called but it had everyone in it, most notably the rock and sarah michele geller. it was writen by the guy who made doney darko and it kinda got me thinkin that it's not the directors that are gettin lazy but the writers.

whats your opinion of tim burton

whats your opinion of tim burton

He made a great film in Edward Scissorhands... then he made it again and again. His brand of dark and destitute is pretty stale now, sadly, since it's quite interesting. Also, the way he shoe-horns Johhny Depp and Helena Bonham-Carter (his wife) into every one of his film is... unnerving.

When I heard he was making Alice and Wonderland I was delighted, this was something that his drama could do some good on as long as someone kept him in check. Then I checked IMDB to see who would play the Queen of Hearts, oh great... it's Helena Bonham-Carter. Now, she's a great actress, really tragic... but that's become her typecast. I thought she was great in Fight Club.

All that said, I'm looking forward to Alice in Wonderland. It looks pretty fucked up.

fucked up.

i actually agree with you compleely but i actually have to asy that i think he's gone down hill. maybe he's stayed at the same level but i feel like the imagry in his films is getting worse while the direction remains so perfectly unchanged .

she plays those roles irially well. look at her in h.p., bi of a type cast but absolutly perfect.

i'm thikin he'll go over board with alice and wonderland. the book is freaky but i'm scared it'll be typical burton i know that if it is i'll be disapointed. one ray of hope is that because fry is in the film now he may get some input and rain him in a bit (cause who would know more bout the intended impact of any book than that man).

Oh yeah, Helena Bonham-Carter is a great actress, her voice talents alone set her apart. It just seems that her big roles are that same dark, dreary, depressing character (albeit with a different twist in each appearance). Seeing her mocking and insane in Harry Potter and as a loving mother in Sixty-Six was fantastic. Looking forward to the next Harry Potter film :)

From the production and character still from Alice, it's all sorts of weird. Looks promising if anything.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, Helena Bonham-Carter is a great actress, her voice talents alone set her apart. It just seems that her big roles are that same dark, dreary, depressing character (albeit with a different twist in each appearance). Seeing her mocking and insane in Harry Potter and as a loving mother in Sixty-Six was fantastic. Looking forward to the next Harry Potter film :)

From the production and character still from Alice, it's all sorts of weird. Looks promising if anything.

you may have seen my rant earlier today i'm really lookin forward to the next film i'm worried bout how it's gonna turn out though especially seens as they had to re- record the ending cause the hard core fans threatened to boycott the film if they didn't

you may have seen my rant earlier today i'm really lookin forward to the next film i'm worried bout how it's gonna turn out though especially seens as they had to re- record the ending cause the hard core fans threatened to boycott the film if they didn't

Really? Ha!

Did they change something significant? Did it involve Dumbledore? ;)

I suppose it's not as bad as Spike Jonze's take on 'Where the Wild Things Are' where they made him re-shoot the entire film because it scared the bejaysus out of the children in the audience.

Really? Ha!

Did they change something significant? Did it involve Dumbledore? ;)

I suppose it's not as bad as Spike Jonze's take on 'Where the Wild Things Are' where they made him re-shoot the entire film because it scared the bejaysus out of the children in the audience.

ha ha ha i didn't know that

i think that they tried to move the ..... let call it the "it's over" scene into the seventh film cause there splittin the 7th book into two films. least that what the chatter said.

assume you've read them as well so i'm gonna ask. you think that all the little details that lead up to the ending like the wands and the secret plan will be lost on the general audience when they turn it into an 8 film serious.

It'll depend on what audience the director gears the film towards. They're trying to mature the audience so we'll see what they cut/trim from the remaining films.

As long as Ralph Fiennes gives the Voldemort character as good as he gave it in the last film, I'll be happy.

Gah, I have to get up in four hours. G'night.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

i think that they tried to move the ..... let call it the "it's over" scene into the seventh film cause there splittin the 7th book into two films. least that what the chatter said..

thats a fcukin joke if you ask me! yet another money makin scam purely out to robn joe soap public ma/woman out of any money they may have! its fcukin rediculous....and unfair!

oh yeah and LSB there is an airsoft forum on boards, you will get the answer to your question there im sure!

thats a fcukin joke if you ask me! yet another money makin scam purely out to robn joe soap public ma/woman out of any money they may have! its fcukin rediculous....and unfair!

oh yeah and LSB there is an airsoft forum on boards, you will get the answer to your question there im sure!

There's also the other side of it that, if they tried to cram everything relevant into one movie, it'd be touching on four hours and I don't know about you, but I can't take that much of Daniel Radcliffes face in one go.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I think I could spend four hours punching Daniel Radcliffe in the face. Darkness knows, I hate Harry Potter. The only harry for me is the one named Dresden.

The best Harry;

harry_180.jpg

sorry guys....heres THE greatest Harry:

houdini2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

in crete
    sun is evilly hot
    cant stick it any more
    want to go home

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I can't say I blame ya with that sorta Cretian nonsense going on Aish :(

However, but Irish standards it's pretty hot in the capital too.

in crete
    sun is evilly hot
    cant stick it any more
    want to go home

Aaawwww..... Don't say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Kharn wrote: »
    However, but Irish standards it's pretty hot in the capital too.
    Forecast to rain tomorrow :p

On-topic: My bus is now running about 20 minutes late, not helped by the driver stopping in Athlone for a smoke.

god its too feckin hot!! *melts*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

*ahem* I would like to say
    grrrr arrrghhh raaaaaaaawwrr and grumble.
    that is all, thankyou

star-pants wrote: »
    that is all, thankyou

whats wrong m'dear?

*hug*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ill join in... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

that is all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

star-pants wrote: »
    that is all, thankyou

i would like to reiterate this

so alot of people just want to make noise!? fair enough, ill join in:

bwaaaarghhhhle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Advertisement