Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

God damn it.:( I don't know if I've messed up something that never happens for me or whether I've just confirmed my fears.:( It's too complicated to even explain. I just ****ed up by acting on my own insecurities. God ****ing damn it!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    God damn it.:( I don't know if I've messed up something that never happens for me or whether I've just confirmed my fears.:( It's too complicated to even explain. I just ****ed up by acting on my own insecurities. God ****ing damn it!:(

wanna talk about it?

wanna talk about it?

Hey Grames.:) I just.........ahhhhhhh............! I used to be best friends with a girl in school. She moved away. Long story short I got back in contact with her through Facebook in March and I've been chatting to her as if we never got seperated since.

I always had feelings for this girl, that's one of the reasons why I got back in touch. But she was with a bloke at the time so I firmly kept myself in the friend zone, I would never move in on someone else's girl. All the same I still got to know her and she ended up being the same girl that I fell for in school.

Then her bloke dumped her two weeks ago. She has been flirting with me outrageously during this time while I've kept myself mild in response (I'm too long in the tooth to get over excited). She called me cute continuously while I told her I hated that word because to me it's just a nice way of calling someone ugly. But she maintained that being "cute" was a good thing in her book.

Then she asked me out, to the cinema no less. It was too good to be true in my eyes. So I pushed the situation tonight. I told her why being called cute is not a good thing. She responded with an underwhelming "Oh I'm sorry Matt". It wasn't the response I wanted to hear so I overreacted, saying that I'm sorry that I wasn't up to the standard of her ex. She took it as a low blow and told me that she didn't want to talk to me anymore tonight and that she'd text me tomorrow.:(

I ****ed up big time, on the other hand I can't help but feel justified in thinking that she was just using me to soften her own rejection by her ex.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

Hey Grames.:) I just.........ahhhhhhh............! I used to be best friends with a girl in school. She moved away. Long story short I got back in contact with her through Facebook in March and I've been chatting to her as if we never got seperated since.

I always had feelings for this girl, that's one of the reasons why I got back in touch. But she was with a bloke at the time so I firmly kept myself in the friend zone, I would never move in on someone else's girl. All the same I still got to know her and she ended up being the same girl that I fell for in school.

Then her bloke dumped her two weeks ago. She has been flirting with me outrageously during this time while I've kept myself mild in response (I'm too long in the tooth to get over excited). She called me cute continuously while I told her I hated that word because to me it's just a nice way of calling someone ugly. But she maintained that being "cute" was a good thing in her book.

Then she asked me out, to the cinema no less. It was too good to be true in my eyes. So I pushed the situation tonight. I told her why being called cute is not a good thing. She responded with an underwhelming "Oh I'm sorry Matt". It wasn't the response I wanted to hear so I overreacted, saying that I'm sorry that I wasn't up to the standard of her ex. She took it as a low blow and told me that she didn't want to talk to me anymore tonight and that she'd text me tomorrow.:(

I ****ed up big time, on the other hand I can't help but feel justified in thinking that she was just using me to soften her own rejection by her ex.:(

look man you made a mistake i'm gonna be honest with you i'v been in almost the exact same situation.

all you can do is decide to yourself can you live with not having giving telling her how you feel a chance. i know it's corny but the truth is the worth thing is regret. you need to make a decision are you more concerned that she is trying to soften the blow or are you more worried you wont make a go of it and regret it.

look we've all done this sort. please do me a favour and make the decision that (although stupid sounding) is what you want to try.

the other thing is if you decide to give it a go meet her face to face and be honest about your feelings thats what i did and it was horrifying but if i hadn't done it that way i'd have regretted it.

just remember man no matter how horrible it seems considering how long you've liked her the worst thing she can say is no.

plus it worked for me man and i did much worse, and as someone who's gone through it i'm here for you. best of luck and salut.

look man you made a mistake i'm gonna be honest with you i'v been in almost the exact same situation.

all you can do is decide to yourself can you live with not having giving telling her how you feel a chance. i know it's corny but the truth is the worth thing is regret. you need to make a decision are you more concerned that she is trying to soften the blow or are you more worried you wont make a go of it and regret it.

look we've all done this sort. please do me a favour and make the decision that (although stupid sounding) is what you want to try.

the other thing is if you decide to give it a go meet her face to face and be honest about your feelings thats what i did and it was horrifying but if i hadn't done it that way i'd have regretted it.

just remember man no matter how horrible it seems considering how long you've liked her the worst thing she can say is no.

plus it worked for me man and i did much worse, and as someone who's gone through it i'm here for you. best of luck and salut.

Thanks mate.:( I think I really ****ed up now after looking over the texts. I freaked out because she said "I'm sorry Matt" in response to me saying how I hated being called cute. I was taking her saying "I'm sorry" to mean that she was sorry that she couldn't call me anything more than cute. But the last line of the text from me was "being called cute is patronising". That is what she was saying sorry for. And I freaked out.:( God damn how am I gonna fix this? I think you're right man, I'm gonna have to be honest, that's my only chance.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

We live and learn, dude.

Just tell the truth. Tis all ya can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

Thanks mate.:( I think I really ****ed up now after looking over the texts. I freaked out because she said "I'm sorry Matt" in response to me saying how I hated being called cute. I was taking her saying "I'm sorry" to mean that she was sorry that she couldn't call me anything more than cute. But the last line of the text from me was "being called cute is patronising". That is what she was saying sorry for. And I freaked out.:( God damn how am I gonna fix this? I think you're right man, I'm gonna have to be honest, that's my only chance.:(

look trust me it's never past being fixed and if you explain it to her as you have to me, if she wants to know she'll understand. don't lie to her and don't put yourself down about this we all do stupid stuff and she'll understand that. DON'T DWELL ON IT.

and if it goes well you can even turn this into a positive thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

matty im sure it will work out for you , people come back from a lot worse.. she is prolly just over sensitive atm , what with her break up being so fresh and everything, give he a text this morning, say sorry leave that a that, dont dwell on it, nothing worse imo of someone saying sorry over and over again just bugs me ... say it once mean it and move on... hope it works out for you

on other note , the weather is grey and raininng--- fits my mood... depressing.. im going to be a proper lil emo today (without the self harming of course!)

I feel so stupid now.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i did something stupid .

now i has a booboo, and i cant even complain about it, cos it's my own fault.

stupid rain.

• Advertisement

I feel so stupid now.:p

dont feel stupid dude! sorry im only gettin back now my internet fcuked off on me last night! i think LSB said almost word for word what i was going to say! if you keep thinkin about it and not doin anything you will only hurt yourself, youe best bet it to meet up and lay all your cards on the table, yeah it may be awkward but the reward outweighs the risk!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Cyberwolf, I feel your pain.

I'm still dying of a cold.
    AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Cyberwolf, I feel your pain.

I'm still dying of a cold.
    I got beat by one flinking, [EMAIL="&*%$#@*&&^#@$"]&*%$#@*&&^#@$[/EMAIL] post in th Cuckoo's Nest for the 10000th post in a last to win game over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Kharn wrote: »
    I can't say I blame ya with that sorta Cretian nonsense going on Aish :(

However, but Irish standards it's pretty hot in the capital too.
    im melting.
    heat wave has hit here now
    blergh
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    Aaawwww..... Don't say that.

im not as bad now,just two weeks is two long for a place like this

AHHH,

It's fecking tropical in my apartment { no I don't have any heat on } and I can't open the windows which is a sliding door due to the epic rain outside....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

open the door of the fridge/freezer and stand there

Freezer is keeping about 3 months worth of meat fresh and the fridge sÜck monkey balls, it can barely keep my beer cold.
    emo!! wrote: »
    open the door of the fridge/freezer and stand there

that rain today was awesome, proper rain just after stone splitting flamey cancer ball! was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The beef rendang I had this afternoon was awesome, but the curry burps are getting rather tiresome...

• Advertisement

May I just say.................bleh. And ugh. That is all.:pac:

May I just say.................bleh. And ugh. That is all.:pac:

whats up man? same problem as previous?

whats up man? same problem as previous?

Yeah pretty much. Turns out that she fell back into the arms of her ex on Friday night.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

AAARRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
    :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

*soothe*

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

*soothe*

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

*hugs* to all
    raaaaaaar is gheyness indeedy

Yeah pretty much. Turns out that she fell back into the arms of her ex on Friday night.

oooh sorry to hear that dude! i actually know EXACTLY how that feels anyway! best bet is to just chin up, and drink up!! :pac:

oooh sorry to hear that dude! i actually know EXACTLY how that feels anyway! best bet is to just chin up, and drink up!! :pac:

Ha it's cool, I've learnt a few things about her in the past days, and it ain't worth shedding any tears for.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

well for once my life is starting to turn around! things look good and I'vwe finally let go of some serious baggage that was dragging me under :)
    LZ I feel for ya but its always nice to get over the person, just think to yourself. she really isn't worth it :) makes you feel better too :P

Advertisement