Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I got beat by one flinking, &*%$#@*&&^#@$ post in th Cuckoo's Nest for the 10000th post in a last to win game over there.
    Great apparently a mod snuck in and locked the thread at post 10120. Guess who had that post.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I want to come home. Right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What's wrong? :(

LZ5by5 wrote: »

Everything. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

*/ Hands Kirby a tub of Ben&Jerry's chocolate fudge ice cream */

It's can't be that bad...., just new city jitters.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Everything. :(

• Advertisement

**** day in work + tiredness (as said day was 12 hours of work) + finding that one of my housemates had left Christian leaflets beside my stuff in the kitchen = kirby brain explosion. Seriously. Just put me on the train home, I need my real bed in Dublin so bad right now.

finding that one of my housemates had left Christian leaflets beside my stuff in the kitchen

wtf?

Yeah, there's one called "Who is Jesus", an introduction to the Alpha Course and a local religious newspaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Print out some atheist leaflets and leave them beside their stuff. :D

Fight fire with fire! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

apparently my fella used to make a point of being around when the local seventh day adventists posted their ****e into their postbox, picking up the paper and setting it on fire in front of the dudes posting it :D

• Advertisement

Yeah, there's one called "Who is Jesus", an introduction to the Alpha Course and a local religious newspaper.

In your personal private food storage aera. Where the food that you eat is stored. :eek:

Dord your fire is lame......

I recommend that you spruce up the house with a few of these....

pride-2007-castro-rainbow-flag.jpg

Might be fun to simulate lesbian orgies with randomn jesus hating drunkards you find too.

I volenteer to help out! :D

One of these would work better:

gargoyles.jpg
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    In your personal private food storage aera. Where the food that you eat is stored. :eek:

Dord your fire is lame......

I recommend that you spruce up the house with a few of these....

pride-2007-castro-rainbow-flag.jpg

Might be fun to simulate lesbian orgies with randomn jesus hating drunkards you find too.

Moonbaby wrote: »

Simulate? Whatever happened to the real deal? :pac:

Simulate? Whatever happened to the real deal? :pac:

I get shy around nakkid people. :o
    But feel free to float your boat without me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Just tell her as nicely as you can that she has to respect your personal space Kirby, and that includes bombarding you with stuff that you don't want to hear about. If that fails, maybe a complaint to the landlord is needed?

Hmm... maybe you could make a pass at her... :p

Best case scenario, she gets creeped out and leaves you alone.

Worst case scenario, you've actually discovered a lesbian biblebasher in Limerick. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

**** day in work + tiredness (as said day was 12 hours of work) + finding that one of my housemates had left Christian leaflets beside my stuff in the kitchen = kirby brain explosion. Seriously. Just put me on the train home, I need my real bed in Dublin so bad right now.

just leave a copy of the god delusion beside his/her stuff tomorrow!

Unfortunately, along with my sanity, rainbow flag and porridge, I left my copy of The God Delusion in Dublin. :(

Stupid internet is borked!!!! MSN let me in!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Unfortunately, along with my sanity, rainbow flag and porridge, I left my copy of The God Delusion in Dublin. :(

just leave a picture of it all around the flat then!!

9780593058251.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Having a rotten week and its only Tuesday! Doesn't look like its going to improve anything either!! Its just one of those times when anything that can go wrong will!! I feel run down and grumpy and on the verge of tears and I hate this feeling!!

/rant over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I don't usually frequent here all that much but figured may as well join in the brooding.

Got all 4 wisdom teeth out last Friday. Got pain killers, 3 shiney types. 1 of em is to kill any infection that may occur within the healing period. The other 2 are for the pain. Quite stubborn so only take them when I really really need them, and the main one I'm meant to take is tramadol which basically makes me goofy and woozy.

So I'm either an úber grouch or a goofy mumbling idiot. Also I can't eat too well, takes me about 15 minutes to eat a slice of bread. Pretty hilarious from someone else's point of view but very frustrating from mine.

Can't really talk too well either.

*walks off to take another pain killer*

*weighs up mental health vs gainful employment*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

just leave a picture of it all around the flat then!!

9780593058251.jpg

firstly i hate to get all intelectual in the brooding corner but that book is pure trype dawkin knows very little as an atheist who studies theology i'v examined the book and he hasn't read enough into the actual religion to make comments. some of it is good though but alot is based on general beliefs about the church it's doctrine and development that arn't true

secondly
    weather we agree that the bible should be taken literally or not we can say that the belief that god created EVERYTHING is essential to the catholic faith.
    i have a problem with this you see because, if god created everything then god not only created the angel Lucifur but also the envy that would turn him against god (therefor into the devil). so we can say that god created the devil in every sense. so god created everything and is all powerful...... but yet God can't interfere with free will, therefor he is not all powerful...... the devil can interfere with free will in a number of different ways..... and according to the bible the devil can create as well???? so therefor the devil has more powers than god and if god created the devil than he created something more powerful than himself in some frankenstien like MISTAKE. which removes gods power as his call for divinity and his infalibility.

ok.. this isn't atheism & agnosticim but just one point.... there isn't just one religion. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

RAaaaaaaaaaar arrrrrrrrrrrgh n bleeeeeeeeh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I AM GETTING ALL 4 WISOM TEETH AT THE SAME TIME, ARGH! :mad:

Hey Star-pants,

What;s wrong?

gir.jpg
    star-pants wrote: »
    RAaaaaaaaaaar arrrrrrrrrrrgh n bleeeeeeeeh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

Maybe this will cheer you up, the most memorable quote from Dawkins book! No need to read it now because it sums up the point on religion.

"isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" :)

Probably the most funniest athesist on earth, you guys should check out how he responds to the intelligent design argument on proof that God exists!! Its class :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Maybe this will cheer you up, the most memorable quote from Dawkins book! No need to read it now because it sums up the point on religion.

"isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" :)

Probably the most funniest athesist on earth, you guys should check out how he responds to the intelligent design argument on proof that God exists!! Its class :D

Interesting post from someone with a name like yours... :)

Advertisement