Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

sh!t, are you ok? probab;ly atill shaken up no doubt! *hug*
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Oh no I know how that feels. There's nothing quite surreal as a robbery, you never think that it can happen to you.

Yeah it was a bit mad. I always thought I'd be the type of person to freeze in a bad situation like that but jaysus I was like lightening out the back door to get help.

And there was about 8 Gardai and the friggin' helicopter as well! We're only an ickle pharmacy!

I feel better today though, was very shaky though. Every second customer today seemed to know what happened, gossip travels fast!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Alicat wrote: »
    Yeah it was a bit mad. I always thought I'd be the type of person to freeze in a bad situation like that but jaysus I was like lightening out the back door to get help.

And there was about 8 Gardai and the friggin' helicopter as well! We're only an ickle pharmacy!

I feel better today though, was very shaky though. Every second customer today seemed to know what happened, gossip travels fast!

thats a great reaction!
    thats soo cool.id probably turn into a blubbering idiot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

my boss, who is a very honest man, told me today he cant pay me for the past two months for another week because theres just no money coming in. i checked my account and ive got 1.50 euro in my account and i had to spend the twenty in my wallet on petrol to get home. to top it off, a piece of machinery busted me in the face today cutting my nose and cheek and possibly giving me a black eye.

/whine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Bleh.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

my boss, who is a very honest man, told me today he cant pay me for the past two months for another week because theres just no money coming in. i checked my account and ive got 1.50 euro in my account and i had to spend the twenty in my wallet on petrol to get home. to top it off, a piece of machinery busted me in the face today cutting my nose and cheek and possibly giving me a black eye.

/whine

You poor thing, Thats awful. I hope you have food stocked up at home or that you can borrow a few quid from friends. Try to stay positive...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

star-pants wrote: »
    Bleh.

That is all.
    i agree!:pac:
    You poor thing, Thats awful. I hope you have food stocked up at home or that you can borrow a few quid from friends. Try to stay positive...

aww, thanky ^_^ nah, food n stuff wasnt the problem, all that was sorted. i was just in a bit of a self pitying mood (mainly cuzza my nose) but it seems karma is in full swing because today in my other job i managed to earn about 180 euro ^_^

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I hate blueberries.
    That is all.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

You know the day going to suck when you wake up choking on smoke.
    So, I get up and head for work. Problem no.1, the stair well security isn't working. No problem, I've got a zapper for the car park.
    Grab the zapper and head to the car park.

Turns out the garbage bins have been burned so badly that only a plastic puddle remains. This explains the smoke in the flat.
    I pass a cursory glance over my car, which is well away from the fire, all looks good. Onwards to work.

I decide to call the letting agency in case they don't know about the fire or the gate problem. Turns out some homeless person got in and started the fire during the early hours of the day. They thank me for informing them about the problem with the gate.

Finish work and upon returning to the flats, notice lots of cables running between some of the flats. No ones around so I head into the flat to have my chips.

No sooner have I sat down, there's a knock at the door. It's the letting agency guy. I step out of the flat to talk to him.
    The neighbours tell me my car has been damaged. Surely not I say, my car was well away from the fire.
    But they're adamant. So, myself and the agency guy go to look.

In transit he informs me I'll be without power until possibly Friday.
    And to round off the day nicely, it is my car that's been damaged.
    Not by the fire though. It seems the charming wandering pyromanic took exception to my rear windscreen. So he put a bottle through it.

Seems my paranoia about Tuesdays was well founded.

Apologies if it's a bit unreadable, I'm currently tethered to an extension cord as my phone picked now to run out of juice.

So I say to Tuesday, BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS :P

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

koth wrote: »
    So I say to Tuesday, BITE MY SHINY METAL ASS :P
    i had to read this twice before i thought it was you . I think it just gets pissed as you love friday so much . Hugs man , that day sucks .

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

cHaTbOx wrote: »
    i had to read this twice before i thought it was you . I think it just gets pissed as you love friday so much . Hugs man , that day sucks .
    thanks chatbox.
    I'm trying to avoid the murderous impulses;)

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Booo to dates that go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

*hugs*

paper cuts!!! like seriously why are they so sore!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

emo!! wrote: »
    *hugs*

paper cuts!!! like seriously why are they so sore!

They are exceptionally painful. I'm forever getting papercuts here and I always manage to cut that bit of skin between the thumb and forefinger.

This morning seems neverending. Why won't it end WHY? :mad::(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

funny-pictures-cat-is-grumpy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

aw whats the matter miss pants?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

DooM's got his grump on too... been a long couple of weeks!

We can all be grumpy together. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

im joining you.

if you eat food but no one sees the calories arent real right?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

if you eat food but no one sees the calories arent real right?
    Depends on the amount of food ya wanna destroy, but teh comfort food is allowed sometimes:) Lets just hope your grumpy feeling aint that big eh;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

So much to brood over right now, so little time.

Hugs to everyone here for cheering up myself and others at different times!!

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Zwillinge wrote: »
    So much to brood over right now, so little time.

Hugs to everyone here for cheering up myself and others at different times!!

*hugs* pet!! Hope things pick up soon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

wow they've ruined another show. after being cancelled because it was out selling, out performing and outright showing the simpsons for the sh@t it has become. there bringing back futurama. not in the movie form which i have to say i quite enjoyed. this new futurama will have a completely different voice cast because the origin cast asked for more money. as far as i'v heard it wasn't even a huge amount and the fact is every voice from the show is famous for what it is, there are even jokes built around there voices. the only reason the show isn't huge is because it was cancelled. its going to be on comedy central and it could reach new levels of fame. why do they always have to ruin these great shows some way or another. it's more sadening than anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh they just murder anything and everything we love! ffs futurama was a great show, but if they do this they will totally destroy it....fcuking money making racket, idiots are going to destroy it just like they did with dexters lab!! :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Just want to crawl into a corner and sleep for about a month! Have so much on and just can't see an end to it :( Work is just horrible and personal life isn't much better! Just, ugh!! That's all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kriskross

I'd love a bottle of wine, but my wallet is as dry as me throat....
    Suggest to me something...
    Why is there never any money?
    Because u gav it to bloody bookies!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Just want to crawl into a corner and sleep for about a month! Have so much on and just can't see an end to it :( Work is just horrible and personal life isn't much better! Just, ugh!! That's all!

Hi gf that sounds like me lol, if sleeping was an olympic sport i'd be in for a gold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Crap, just got a Text delivery report for a message I dont remember to my ex at ~3.30 last night.

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Crap, just got a Text delivery report for a message I dont remember to my ex at ~3.30 last night.

:eek: She didnt text back...It was probably inteligable.
    You probably had totally harmless intentions. Forget about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

My phone battery is dead so put the sim into my old crapped out 6210 and only getting reports now.

Feck, hopeful the vodka + dyslexia made the txt read:
    Drunk TXT wrote:

" kfljdsf skdfjdskfls sdfjsdklfjds sjdfhsdkjfsjdkfs"
    Moonbaby wrote: »
    :eek: She didnt text back...It was probably inteligable.
    You probably had totally harmless intentions. Forget about it!

• Advertisement

BOFH_139 wrote: »

Oh I've been there man. I don't know what's worse, getting the deafening no reply or getting the abusive text back.

Advertisement