Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Crap, just got a Text delivery report for a message I dont remember to my ex at ~3.30 last night.
    ahhh we're all guilty of that from time to time, i shouldnt think to much of it tbh, she prolly realises it was just a drunk text

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Crap, just got a Text delivery report for a message I dont remember to my ex at ~3.30 last night.

I've done that before a few times. Including one where I got a tearful phone call after. It's majorly lame and I can sympathise a lot.

I feel vaguely broody myself actually, a friend of mine's acting really weird, tis a tad unusual for them. Wondering if I've insulted them or something. Hate highly-strung people these days. ><

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

There is a lot of highly strung people around these days Im afraid,with one thing and another.Ask them did you do anything to offend them,then at least you will know.Its prob nothing to do with you at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Its half eleven. I've a client due in in ten mins. I'm sitting at my desk trying not to cry. Thanks to whatever sh1t star my son was born under we are now going to have to start looking for childcare number 7 in 2.5 years. Thanks to the ineptness of those in Leinster House I am running a three man service solo since last March and could be doing so til next January. Yes its a job but its now becoming my life. My dad is once more sick as a parrot and is so down hes back to saying things like 'Ah it might be better if God took me now'. I'm moaning to a computer screen which is just one more step in my road to losing it. And its Monday. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Its half eleven. I've a client due in in ten mins. I'm sitting at my desk trying not to cry. Thanks to whatever sh1t star my son was born under we are now going to have to start looking for childcare number 7 in 2.5 years.

Tackle one thing at a time PC, just put that a side for now, it's more than 2 years away so don't let that bog you down on top of everything else.
    Thanks to the ineptness of those in Leinster House I am running a three man service solo since last March and could be doing so til next January. Yes its a job but its now becoming my life.

That's simply not on, especially in a stressful job as the one you have. Just don't kill yourself trying to take down your case load (if that is what it is called :o). Go at your own pace and your superiors can **** right off if they expect you to handle a three man job on your own with efficiency.
    My dad is once more sick as a parrot and is so down hes back to saying things like 'Ah it might be better if God took me now'. I'm moaning to a computer screen which is just one more step in my road to losing it. And its Monday. :(

That's a tough situation to be in and I have no idea what to say to you. I guess your Dad can't help how he feels PC, all you can do is ask him not to say that when you are around.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

That all sucks clippy :( *hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Thanks Lz and Kharn. Not in great form (what gave it away!:pac:).
    Just spent an hour with a lovely guy who has two kids in college and another doing the JC and he cannot get work. Hes terrified for his kids future, angry and pee'd off. I dont blame him either.

Hope your days are going better. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Jaysus. It's times like this I'm glad I've only got to worry about myself. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Life, it's a bollix. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

15, 000 words to be written in just over a month...one of these "aww man" moments!

*cuddles all brooders*

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Can has breakdown now kplsthnx??

*curls up in foetal position in corner*

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Can has breakdown now kplsthnx??

*curls up in foetal position in corner*
    Um, are you okay.

Erm, no... But can't explain why really. Just very very VERY stressed, sitting at my desk on the verge of tears and very fed up of ineptitude, incompetence and gross negligence!! Swinging between exhaustion, anger, upset, frustration and sheer disappointment!! It sucks!!

Thanks for asking though. Nice to think someone is always listening here!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Erm, no... But can't explain why really. Just very very VERY stressed, sitting at my desk on the verge of tears and very fed up of ineptitude, incompetence and gross negligence!! Swinging between exhaustion, anger, upset, frustration and sheer disappointment!! It sucks!!
    Go the restroom. Punch the wall. You will feel better. Trust me, it works oh so well.

Go the restroom. Punch the wall. You will feel better. Trust me, it works oh so well.

LOL!! It's me! I'd break bones!!

I suppose on the plus side I can ease up on some stuff I have been doing and finally get my foot looked at 4 weeks after I think I fractured it!! Its still sore and getting sorer and apparently that's not a good sign! *sigh*

LOL!! It's me! I'd break bones!!

I suppose on the plus side I can ease up on some stuff I have been doing and finally get my foot looked at 4 weeks after I think I fractured it!! Its still sore and getting sorer and apparently that's not a good sign! *sigh*
    OK, visualize punching a wall. Imagine all your problems are part of the wall. Then shove your fist straight through it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

Walk out of the office and go for a walk , no job is worth that .
    Go get your foot looked at now .
    You are oing your best and no one else can do any better . Stop heaping the stress on yourself .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Think it's time for a coffee/tea break!!
    And maybe a walk to calm yourself down a bit. *hugs*
    All those feeling suck so much!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Can haz cyanide pill please? :(

Depends who you are going to give it to! :p

U ok?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Depends who you are going to give it to! :p

U ok?

I'll be grand. I just hate when a pile of **** gets on my head. There is so much stress in my shoulder muscles now they are actually killing me

Can you go for a massage tomorrow? You really need to try relax before the weekend!

stupid cold :(... back of my eyes are so sore... who want to sharpen a pencil and take em out for me?!!

emo!! wrote: »
    stupid cold :(... back of my eyes are so sore... who want to sharpen a pencil and take em out for me?!!
    Hold still, I has spoon with sharp edges. I'll scoop them out nice and quick.

excellent ... ahhhh

excellent ... ahhhh
    *Starts chainsaw* Any other body parts need removal?

my nose and throat please!

my nose and throat please!
    One headectomy coming right up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭lankysexybeast

i lent my 25th anniversary Ibanez to a friend he's moved house twice since i gave it to him even though he said he'd give it back. now i get it back the strings are rusted through, the fretboard has clumps on it and i'm trying to figure out if any of the clumps are actually damage. now that i look even the screws are rusted through as well how the f@ck do you do that to a guitar. especially when he knows what it's worth and how rare it is.i can't stand people who don't respect stuff you give them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

i lent my 25th anniversary Ibanez to a friend he's moved house twice since i gave it to him even though he said he'd give it back. now i get it back the strings are rusted through, the fretboard has clumps on it and i'm trying to figure out if any of the clumps are actually damage. now that i look even the screws are rusted through as well how the f@ck do you do that to a guitar. especially when he knows what it's worth and how rare it is.i can't stand people who don't respect stuff you give them

Seriously? That is unbelievable. I'd be livid with them. I hate when people don't respect your things.

That really sucks. I do hope it's salvageable, sorry I don't know much about guitars or how easily rustage is fixed :o

Advertisement