Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

star-pants wrote: »
    That's a little harsh no?

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

Snipped. Sometimes people want a joke to cheer em up,sometimes they don't. Its hard to judge whats cool and what isn't. That wasn't cool imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭Local Goddess

Ok hate to be moany, but I've waited all year in work to get two weeks holidays and on Friday I didn't feel too good leaving work, now I have a full-blown chest infection and feel like crap,aagh!! Always seem to get sick on my time off, very annoying!*Sorry for moaning!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Ok hate to be moany, but I've waited all year in work to get two weeks holidays and on Friday I didn't feel too good leaving work, now I have a full-blown chest infection and feel like crap,aagh!! Always seem to get sick on my time off, very annoying!*Sorry for moaning!!
    I too know the pain of being sick right at the start of a vacation. Such a pain when you not feeling well just as you start an overdue rest from the rat race of life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

i lent my 25th anniversary Ibanez to a friend he's moved house twice since i gave it to him even though he said he'd give it back. now i get it back the strings are rusted through, the fretboard has clumps on it and i'm trying to figure out if any of the clumps are actually damage. now that i look even the screws are rusted through as well how the f@ck do you do that to a guitar. especially when he knows what it's worth and how rare it is.i can't stand people who don't respect stuff you give them

Chances are it's just from him not wiping the guitar down after using it and probably had it in a crappy place in his house too. I learnt a long time ago not to lend gear to people, it only ends up coming back broken or filthy. I'm very peculiar about how clean my basses & guitar are. :pac:

A new set of strings and a thorough clean and it should be good. :)

As for the frets, you can clean them up pretty easy and for cheap. Check out my quick guide here. If you have any Q's shoot me a PM. :)
    BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Ahhhhhhh

Writing your "Employee Mid Year Self Assessment" while sleep deprived and stressed out as hell is not good.....

Arghhh I know... fookin' tell me about it. I arrived in today after my holidays to find out that I had to have mine done... within a few hours. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Me sleep was f*cked up again last night :(:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

trowelled wrote: »
    Me sleep was f*cked up again last night :(:mad:
    Sorry to hear that miss trowelled. I never sleeps through the day anymore meself. I don't know why either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Yeah not sleeping sucks. I've had disturbed sleep for a long time. Kinda get used to it after a while. But still not fun

Disturbed sleep is certainly not fun. In fact one could say it is anti-fun.

Sorry to hear that miss trowelled. I never sleeps through the day anymore meself. I don't know why either.
    Yeah not sleeping sucks. I've had disturbed sleep for a long time. Kinda get used to it after a while. But still not fun

Thaks guys. I was close to tears last night :(

• Advertisement

trowelled wrote: »
    Thaks guys. I was close to tears last night :(
    Glad I could be of some small help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My problem is quite the opposite, I'm just tired all the time. It's quite annoying as I end up going to bed mad early, nearly always fall asleep straight away, and before I know it it's morning again. :(

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    My problem is quite the opposite, I'm just tired all the time. It's quite annoying as I end up going to bed mad early, nearly always fall asleep straight away, and before I know it it's morning again. :(
    Oh man, that stinks LZ. my brother is like you somewhat. The kid can actually sleep twelve hours, wake up and want a nap two hours later. Unless he stays active he will fall asleep.

In general I tend to be worse if I oversleep than if I undersleep. I'm just stressed out at the moment and to top it off I appear to be coming down with a cold. Damn this working with sick people

Aye hun i know how frustrating it is when you can't sleep and its late. I don't do well if i oversleep either. I'm tired nearly all of the time. Poor trowelled get some vit c into you, and some echinecea

Aye hun i know how frustrating it is when you can't sleep and its late. I don't do well if i oversleep either. I'm tired nearly all of the time. Poor trowelled get some vit c into you, and some echinecea

Thanks hun! I'm sure I'll be fine soon. I'm sure once I finish the course of meds I'm on I'll be fine. Just 8 more days :). Should get rid of these pins and needles in my head too :)

I too know the pain of being sick right at the start of a vacation. Such a pain when you not feeling well just as you start an overdue rest from the rat race of life.

I'm feeling a little better today so my outlook has brightened! Thanks for listening!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Just found out a while ago from a mate that an old school friend of mine died a few months ago and I'm only finding out now ! :(
    Got on great with this guy all the way through school but just lost touch after the leaving and it's funny he's been on my mind on and off over the last few weeks to contact him and see how he is but kept putting it off and now I can't :( feel so bad now :( and angry at loosing touch with him :mad: :( I'm a sad camper at the mo :( .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

CO19 wrote: »
    Just found out a while ago from a mate that an old school friend of mine died a few months ago and I'm only finding out now ! :(
    Got on great with this guy all the way through school but just lost touch after the leaving and it's funny he's been on my mind on and off over the last few weeks to contact him and see how he is but kept putting it off and now I can't :( feel so bad now :( and angry at loosing touch with him :mad: :( I'm a sad camper at the mo :( .

No way man that's awful. :( Don't beat yourself up about it, we all lose contact with people after the Leaving, it's just something that unfortunately happens. Take comfort in the fact though that just like you, he would have been looking back fondly on his friendship with you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

really sorry to hear that co19, just remember the good times and dont think about "what ifs", like lizzy* said id say he would have been looking back too! Hope you are ok...or will be!

*sorry :p

• Advertisement

Hun don't be angry with yourself at all! I know what that's like. I found out a school friend had died when I saw the paper in a shop I was like :eek: cuz we'd been good friends during secondary. We'd lost touch but still it's hard to hear.
    Don't worry about having lost touch, it happens, and it's nice you still thought of him, I'm sure he thought of you sometimes too. *hugs*

Sorry to hear that. You shouldn't beat yourself up over it. Easier said than done. I know only too well. My best friend from primary school died a year after we finished secondary school. We were such good friends throughout primary school, inseparable almost. Then we kinda drifted in secondary school, we weren't in the same class and didn't see as much of each other. I always wished I'd made more of an effort and regretted for years not doing so. But unfortunately that's just the way things happened and I had to accept that and stop blaming myself.

Try not to be too harsh on yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭CO19

Thanks guys so much :) just hit me and still hitting me like a tonne of bricks !! can't stop thinkin of how I didn't contact him and had no reason to not do it :mad: :( and now he's gone and that's it I can't fix it or put it right :( really bothering can't get it off my mind :( don't know what it is,guilt/anger :confused: meh just don't know .

And to add to my great day I've lost part of my fcukin uniform :mad: :(

Thanks guys so much :) just hit me and still hitting me like a tonne of bricks !! can't stop thinkin of how I didn't contact him and had no reason to not do it :mad: :( and now he's gone and that's it I can't fix it or put it right :( really bothering can't get it off my mind :( don't know what it is,guilt/anger :confused: meh just don't know .

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend, its always hard to hear, no matter how long it's been since you've seen or heard from them. Try to think of the good and fun times you had with them and be happy that you got to experience them. Try not to feel guilty/angry, I know its easier said than done. I recently lost someone and the last time I saw them we didn't leave it on the best terms, I was stubbron and stupid and now I can't fix it either. I felt like you do(still do a little) for a long time after, but I had to just let it go and just promise myself to never be blinded by my stubbroness again. Hate to sound cliche, but life is too short. But it will get easier, hope you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I'm sorry to hear that happened :( It's always a loss and hits you whether or not you knew it happened at the time or later on.

If you were thinking of him, there's a good chance he was probably thinking of you...which is a good thing in itself. He was in your thoughts.

These things take time and I hope you feel better.

I also hope the missing part of your uniform turned up.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Hope the missing uniform piece showed up!

As for the not having been in contact with your friend before he died, maybe its not too late to do something. I'm sure his family would love to hear from you and any memories you have of him. Maybe call up to them at some stage?? I have had a few bereavements in the last 2 years and the family of those that died have all told me they love when they get the opportunity to reminisce - particularly when it is unconnected to how the person died!

No matter what you do make sure and mind yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Okay, I have something that is seriously annoying me: work.

The people I work with are the most inconsiderate people in the universe, they're all idiots. They constantly make mistakes, which I have to fix, and I get no thanks at all.

My bosses gave me a t-shirt to wear last week. It was two sizes too big, and looked like a dress. When I went in with a normal t-shirt on and explained my case, I got given out to in front of five people. They don't listen!

The customers are the worst. Most are old women, and I mean old. God they're the most narky people on planet earth and sometimes I wish they'd just "pass on". If that sounds bad, then you really don't know them.

My work environment is also despicable. The walls are dirty, the carpet is FILTHY, there's a constant flow of bluebottles flying around, and you always have to dodge some sort of rat or mouse when walking.

The worst part is WHERE I work: A bingo hall

Bono Vox wrote: »
    Okay, I have something that is seriously annoying me: work.

The people I work with are the most inconsiderate people in the universe, they're all idiots. They constantly make mistakes, which I have to fix, and I get no thanks at all.

My bosses gave me a t-shirt to wear last week. It was two sizes too big, and looked like a dress. When I went in with a normal t-shirt on and explained my case, I got given out to in front of five people. They don't listen!

The customers are the worst. Most are old women, and I mean old. God they're the most narky people on planet earth and sometimes I wish they'd just "pass on". If that sounds bad, then you really don't know them.

My work environment is also despicable. The walls are dirty, the carpet is FILTHY, there's a constant flow of bluebottles flying around, and you always have to dodge some sort of rat or mouse when walking.

The worst part is WHERE I work: A bingo hall

Jesus, that sounds like a nightmare!! How long are you working there? Have you ever complained about your working conditions? There's not really much you can do about the old women customers with where you work, but you don't have to put up with them being rude to you, no one deserves that in work. As for your boss giving out to you infront of other people, they can get into serious trouble for that. Management are not supposed to pull you up in front of other people, they are supposed to do it discreetly. And if they give you the wrong size t-shirt, how can they expect you to wear it? They should have gotten your size before they got the t-shirts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

Jesus, that sounds like a nightmare!! How long are you working there? Have you ever complained about your working conditions? There's not really much you can do about the old women customers with where you work, but you don't have to put up with them being rude to you, no one deserves that in work. As for your boss giving out to you infront of other people, they can get into serious trouble for that. Management are not supposed to pull you up in front of other people, they are supposed to do it discreetly. And if they give you the wrong size t-shirt, how can they expect you to wear it? They should have gotten your size before they got the t-shirts!

You see the thing is, its a family business, and 80% of the workers are in the "family". The other 20% are were self named as "outsiders" (aka ME and the rest of the victims", and they all agree that its unfair.

We will get sacked if we try to complain, and I can't afford to lose the job. The pay is also sh1t as well.

Thanks for your compassion though :D

• Advertisement

Bono Vox wrote: »
    You see the thing is, its a family business, and 80% of the workers are in the "family". The other 20% are were self named as "outsiders" (aka ME and the rest of the victims", and they all agree that its unfair.

We will get sacked if we try to complain, and I can't afford to lose the job. The pay is also sh1t as well.

Thanks for your compassion though :D

Wow, that's pretty crap alright. Well I hope something works out for you soon!!

Advertisement