Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

What's wrong tira

• Registered Users Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭cHaTbOx

:,(

you smash half a bottle of vodka and a little sleep deprived too ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭lolly22

:,(

*hugs Tira*

What's up hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

oh yay moantastic thread and my first post no less! start as you mean to continue i guess

my travel bill went from 103 euro a month to about 320 euro and i am flat out broke,truly fml!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

ronano wrote: »
    oh yay moantastic thread and my first post no less! start as you mean to continue i guess

my travel bill went from 103 euro a month to about 320 euro and i am flat out broke,truly fml!

Ah crud, hate that *hugs* Hope the travelling becomes cheaper and it gets easier :)

My own Brood: The boiler is gone in the house, we have no heat. My bedroom is full of paint fumes, so my mattress is in the sitting room and the electricity is cutting out periodically :rolleyes: house is falling apart at the seams!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

When your life is going really ****ing well and you're really enjoying it, don't try and make things better. It will just blow up in your face :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

feylya wrote: »
    When your life is going really ****ing well and you're really enjoying it, don't try and make things better. It will just blow up in your face :mad:
    Never heard the one about not fixing things that aren't broke eh.

Adding things rather than fixing tbh. Ah **** it all

Well, wanna talk about it? Sure it can't be that bad.

Not really, just needed a wee rant. Mr Jager and Mr Red Bull will be listening to my ramblings.

• Advertisement

Understood. I usually do my ranting in a walk-in freezer. I just love the looks on people's faces when i walk out and they've spent five minutes listening to muffled cursing and screaming.

Hmm, might do that in the server room tomorrow.

Hmm, might do that in the server room tomorrow.
    Take pictures as you walk out. The expressions are priceless.

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

I am listening to music to cheer myself up!! Always works for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

why do people lie
    gah!
    unless its something small then itll come out in the end!
    stupid stupid people

I just found out how much college is gonna cost me this year. ****.

why do people lie
    gah!
    stupid stupid people
    They lie because they think they're actually going to get away with it. No one ever does.
    I just found out how much college is gonna cost me this year. ****.
    Think of it as an investment in your future.

Think of it as an investment in your future.

Aye, that I am. Just bad timing - lots of big bills coming in together

Aye, that I am. Just bad timing - lots of big bills coming in together
    It never rains, it always pours is something my grandmother used to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

why do people lie
    gah!
    stupid stupid people

I SO quote this.
    They lie and they mess up stuff and I hate it. HATE.

• Advertisement

*frustrated*
    :mad::mad:
    So close to just walking out of here!!!!

• Subscribers Posts: 5,766 ✭✭✭girl_friday

Zwillinge wrote: »
    *frustrated*

Whats wrong hun?? *hugs*

*frustrated*
    Calm down and take deep breaths. Storming out won't help anything. Now what's wrong.

Whats wrong hun?? *hugs*
    Calm down and take deep breaths. Storming out won't help anything. Now what's wrong.

Small things adding up.

The boss forcing me to come here to write a thesis which I can do at home.
    I come in here to do it and it wont let me connect to the internet for reasearch, I ask for keywords, no luck. The rest stare at me like I'm from space. I'm using two computers now, one for net, another for actually writing :confused::confused:
    I ask for a simple write up I was promised to see, nope...not happening.
    They using small jibes at me today, which is becoming frustrating. The boss is on the warpath, as its Monday and he forgot his coffee, so I'll be feeling his wrath in a few minutes.
    It's all the small thingies adding up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Bah..............

Never thought I would be so restless about having too many choices......

Im currently considering doing a research masters....... because I declined to accept a Taught one i had applied for because I didnt feel it was right for me so i was going to go travelling in January and now im unemployed again and have alot of time to think and Education feels like the right thing to do with teh state the country is in right now.
    Having serious doubts as to if im suited to a research masters...
    am i cut out for it, am i disciplined enough, will i be able to cope, is it right for me..... where will i do it? Galway or Dublin?

Head Wrecked

/Rant

*sorry really had to get that off my chest*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

:( I just found out that a guy I used to work with died a couple months ago. I knew he was sick but I didn't realise he had passed away. He was such a lovely guy. He was on the first archaological site that I was employed on and he really helped me out on it. God it's so sad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Bonavox

trowelled wrote: »
    :( I just found out that a guy I used to work with died a couple months ago. I knew he was sick but I didn't realise he had passed away. He was such a lovely guy. He was on the first archaological site that I was employed on and he really helped me out on it. God it's so sad

Sorry to hear about that trowelled

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Very sorry to hear about your friend, trowelled.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Small things adding up.

The boss forcing me to come here to write a thesis which I can do at home.
    I come in here to do it and it wont let me connect to the internet for reasearch, I ask for keywords, no luck. The rest stare at me like I'm from space. I'm using two computers now, one for net, another for actually writing :confused::confused:
    I ask for a simple write up I was promised to see, nope...not happening.
    They using small jibes at me today, which is becoming frustrating. The boss is on the warpath, as its Monday and he forgot his coffee, so I'll be feeling his wrath in a few minutes.
    It's all the small thingies adding up.

I hate asshole bosses like that, how they think that they can get the best out of their staff while demoralising them is beyond me.
    Bah..............

Never thought I would be so restless about having too many choices......

Im currently considering doing a research masters....... because I declined to accept a Taught one i had applied for because I didnt feel it was right for me so i was going to go travelling in January and now im unemployed again and have alot of time to think and Education feels like the right thing to do with teh state the country is in right now.
    Having serious doubts as to if im suited to a research masters...
    am i cut out for it, am i disciplined enough, will i be able to cope, is it right for me..... where will i do it? Galway or Dublin?

Head Wrecked

/Rant

*sorry really had to get that off my chest*

I'm doing a kind of mixture, a taught masters but with a research thesis. It certainly is daunting, the prospect of doing the research I mean. The best we can do is take things as they come.

Sorry to hear that Trowelled. I'm sure that he was as fond of you as you were of him, take comfort in the idea that you were a good person in his eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

Thanks guys. I'm just a little shocked and saddened by it. He was one of the nicest people I have ever encountered, he was a true gent

Advertisement