Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Don't mind me, just needs to rant.
    Rant begin: Just because some F***ING MORONIC PPIECE OF SH** DOESN'T UNDERSTAND COMMON F***ING HUMAN DECENCY I HAVE TO SIT THROUGH A 2 HOUR HOSPITALITY CERTIFICATION SEMINAR!!!! I SAYS BULLS***!!!! LET THE IMPOLITE F******* WHO SCREWED UP GO SIT THROUGH THIS STEAMING PILE OF CRAP!! I COULD CARE LESS THAT I'M GETTING PAID FOR MY TIME, GIVE ME BACK THE TWO HOURS OF MY F***ING LIFE YOU BASTICHES ARE STEALING FROM ME, AND THE HOUR I HAVE TO SPEND TRAVELING TO THIS STUPID CLASS AND BACK HOME!!!
    rant over.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Holopimp

I have a bit of a rant myself. A male friend of mine who I have supported in the past during his breakups with girlfriends and stuff went weird on me yesterday. Earlier in the week I got an e-mail from him out of the blue inviting me to stay over at his in West Cork so we could have a 'long chat'. As I am visiting family in West Cork, I told him I could meet him for a coffee as I was going on a trip to his village with my parents. But as I can't drive I would have to come back with them when they were heading back (and there is no public transport to where he is.) He sent me a rude reply saying I have 'mummy issues' as I have to go there with my mum. I just replied that I have transport issues. I then told him we had decided not to go to his village after all. If anyone has mummy issues it is him, as he is 35 and lives with his mum....

My battery went dead and I turn my phone on today to find another text inviting me to stay at his. Then another saying I have 'mummy issues' and that I spend too much time in 'facebook land'. Then I go on Facebook to find an e-mail from him inviting me to his again, but then I noticed he had then defriended me. I basically snapped as I felt his texts were rude and totally uncalled for, so I texted him to tell him to go screw himself and never contact me again as he doesn't seem able to be civil. I am not usually rude like that, but I had had enough. I then get a text faining confusion as to why I was pissed off. I ignore it. Several hours later I check my phone to find 4 or 5 more texts from him giving me various kinds of abuse: anti-British abuse, insulting my sense of humour, insulting my intelligence, and bringing up a personal thing I once told him in confidence.

I am totally confused as to what I did to piss him off other than turn down his inviation to stay at his. Of course I know his insults are more of a reflection on him than me, but it still upsets me.

Obviously I didn't reply to his texts and won't contact him again. I just find it quite hurtful after how I have supported him in the past. :(:confused:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

He thought you wanted to take the relationship in a new direction is my take miss pimp.

He thought you wanted to take the relationship in a new direction is my take miss pimp.

That was my suspicion too. Though I don't see why he would have thought that. I see him only a few times a year and I have never given him any 'signs' as far as I know (as I didn't fancy him.)But as we were mates, I am just surprized by his vitriol... Its started to erode my faith in friendship.

Apologies for my gender, we tend to act stupidly; and react badly.

• Advertisement

Apologies for my gender, we tend to act stupidly; and react badly.

Ah, no apology needed. Women do stupid things too. I suppose I am just a bit shocked at the moment, that's all.:( Writing it out there did make me feel a bit better though. I shall soon be smiling again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

right, so what, about 3, 4 weekends ago, i was stoopid. i went out with every intention of not drinking. a housemate forced (literally) about 300ml of straight vodka down my throat and i was like, cool, im still not drinking for the rest of the night. got to my mate's and had a nice warm belly and she offered me a rum n coke. i said no, she said ah go on, so i did. right, so whatever, just one drink, still nowhere near dhrunk or anything close to that, left there, went to another mate's (the ultimate plan was to go out with this mate), and she ended up giving me a good third of a bottle of liquor (liquer?) and a pill and that was the end of me pretending to stay sober.

went to pub, ended up spending about $90. great night was had, but fuuuuuuuuuck, i needed that money.

so no money for food sun-wed. wed is rent day... couldnt pay, but thursday was payday, so i paid up then, no worries. of course, that meant that two lots of rent had to come out of one week's pay. and that just simply doesnt work. particularly when you factor in things like food and transport. so feck all food for the week, worked my ass off, cool. next week im able to pay my rent on time(still feck all left for food though) but that was with no money for transport and enough money for a bag of rice for food. :/

so ive been living like this for the last month almost and im sick of it. bloody sick of it. but it's cool, cos today was the day that i drop in the timesheets from my second job. woop woop! ...until i get there... and it doesnt seem that there's anyone there. and there's all these 'for lease' signs up in the building. WTF??? come the **** on! i need you to be there so i can give you proof that ive worked and you can give me money in return!!!

right, so at this point, i have enough for rent... or the phone bill. which ive already put off a couple of weeks. after paying rent (which is having to be late again this week, due to power bill last week), ill have a glorious $70 left to cover food, transport, and a $75 phone bill. ARRRRGH!! im due about $210 from my second job, and $50 from a mate, but doesnt look like ill be getting either this week. GRRRRRR.

also - :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Oh Froo thats crap. :( Big hugs. I really hope you can get your money from job no. 2. Bloody W*&%$*s leaving you in the lurch like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Poor Froo. :( I don't get how people just can't leave you alone if you don't want to drink.

My brother is going back to Oz tomorrow and best case scenario I'll see him in 18 months (worst case 3 years). I'm in college early tomorrow so I'll be able to bail without saying goodbye. He knows that too and said it's for the best. Two grown men sobbing is never a pretty sight. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

right, so what, about 3, 4 weekends ago, i was stoopid. i went out with every intention of not drinking. a housemate forced (literally) about 300ml of straight vodka down my throat and i was like, cool, im still not drinking for the rest of the night. got to my mate's and had a nice warm belly and she offered me a rum n coke. i said no, she said ah go on, so i did. right, so whatever, just one drink, still nowhere near dhrunk or anything close to that, left there, went to another mate's (the ultimate plan was to go out with this mate), and she ended up giving me a good third of a bottle of liquor (liquer?) and a pill and that was the end of me pretending to stay sober.

went to pub, ended up spending about $90. great night was had, but fuuuuuuuuuck, i needed that money.

so no money for food sun-wed. wed is rent day... couldnt pay, but thursday was payday, so i paid up then, no worries. of course, that meant that two lots of rent had to come out of one week's pay. and that just simply doesnt work. particularly when you factor in things like food and transport. so feck all food for the week, worked my ass off, cool. next week im able to pay my rent on time(still feck all left for food though) but that was with no money for transport and enough money for a bag of rice for food. :/

so ive been living like this for the last month almost and im sick of it. bloody sick of it. but it's cool, cos today was the day that i drop in the timesheets from my second job. woop woop! ...until i get there... and it doesnt seem that there's anyone there. and there's all these 'for lease' signs up in the building. WTF??? come the **** on! i need you to be there so i can give you proof that ive worked and you can give me money in return!!!

right, so at this point, i have enough for rent... or the phone bill. which ive already put off a couple of weeks. after paying rent (which is having to be late again this week, due to power bill last week), ill have a glorious $70 left to cover food, transport, and a $75 phone bill. ARRRRGH!! im due about $210 from my second job, and $50 from a mate, but doesnt look like ill be getting either this week. GRRRRRR.

also - :(

You poor thing, hope you get paided. Can you borrow a few bob from family/friends to keep you going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

Hai.
    I haz a angry.
    A very calm, reasonable, deep angry.
    This rarely happens to me.
    Is a huge angry.
    It stays and it's growing day by day.
    How do you get rid of this??? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Effing govt policy!
    Good people are getting so screwed over.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Hai.
    I haz a angry.
    A very calm, reasonable, deep angry.
    This rarely happens to me.
    Is a huge angry.
    It stays and it's growing day by day.
    How do you get rid of this??? :(

Stay away from people you like, go find a punching bag, or play a computer game. Or rant on the interwebz or to a mirror
    These are the things I do to get rid of big angrys. I'm a patient man. So I has lots of big angrys. Patience is not a virtue, its a curse...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

*hugs Froo*

I'm so sorry!! Hope the money pops up from work and you also win the lotto!! Can friends/family help you out for a bit?

Toasty113 wrote: »
    Stay away from people you like, go find a punching bag, or play a computer game. Or rant on the interwebz or to a mirror
    These are the things I do to get rid of big angrys. I'm a patient man. So I has lots of big angrys. Patience is not a virtue, its a curse...

I think I know what you mean...
    TY for advice.
    I want to rant to my friends but feel like I can't cause they would "push" me to get rid of my angry in a "violent" way, I know this...to a mirror I would feel silly.
    Playing computer stuff never worked for me...maybe a punching bag is an idea.
    My gosh, feels like ****. And undeserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

paperclip2 wrote: »
    Oh Froo thats crap. :( Big hugs. I really hope you can get your money from job no. 2. Bloody W*&%$*s leaving you in the lurch like that.

thanks... they called me back this morning, they've moved, but had onlymentioned it in hte last pay slip thing, except i didnt get paid last fortnight.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Poor Froo. :( I don't get how people just can't leave you alone if you don't want to drink.

ah, i dont mind that bit too much, it didnt take *that* much to twist my arm :o
    My brother is going back to Oz tomorrow and best case scenario I'll see him in 18 months (worst case 3 years). I'm in college early tomorrow so I'll be able to bail without saying goodbye. He knows that too and said it's for the best. Two grown men sobbing is never a pretty sight. :pac:

awww, not all that long ago i was doing the same thing. worst week ever, saying bye to everyone in person for the last time for a few years :(
    You poor thing, hope you get paided. Can you borrow a few bob from family/friends to keep you going.
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    *hugs Froo*

I'm so sorry!! Hope the money pops up from work and you also win the lotto!! Can friends/family help you out for a bit?

most of my freinds/family are in ireland :P i think i might be able to nick a little off my boss if im really stuck, but dont want to resort to that. *think* ive about got this sorted now. maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

most of my freinds/family are in ireland :P i think i might be able to nick a little off my boss if im really stuck, but dont want to resort to that. *think* ive about got this sorted now. maybe.

Glad its nearly sorted!!! That's good to hear :)

On a personal brood; Anxious feeling as people correct & rip apart my work... I want to go home.

Good thing: first day of the Masters was fine.

Bad thing: my brother is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

<insert drunken random rant>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

College on Monday.... noooo. College and work and saving for car insurance.. makes me a sad bunny :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

I'm so sick of nasty nd smart arsed comments from people
    Why be nasty there is really no need for it :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

DigiGal wrote: »

Because most people will never get a chance to be nasty in life, because they're basically cowards. The internet gives 'em a cloak to hide behind.

Bastards! :mad: What happened? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

If people feel the need to be nasty, it's usually because there is something lacking in their own life. Just imagine that guy who is being an ass naked with a really tiny ... *wiggles little finger* ... and you will feel better. I'm not sure what the female equivalent is, but I'm sure you can come up with one! :D

That's assuming ofc that they intend to be nasty ... peoples senses of humour differ, and sometimes a smart-assed comment isn't really meant to be hurtful, esp. among youngsters who haven't developed much of a sense of empathy as yet.

You know what. **** em!
    Its their problem and it will serve them in life, you dont waste an iota of your energy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Brood brood brood.

In fairness tis my own fault for assuming someone's a better person than they are. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

College on Monday.... noooo. College and work and saving for car insurance.. makes me a sad bunny :(

says the woman who is just back from disney land....you are loaded dont deny it! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Brood brood brood.

In fairness tis my own fault for assuming someone's a better person than they are. :o

Ah, a euro for every time ive done that.
    I think Ill join you in a :o

Galvasean wrote: »
    Ah, a euro for every time ive done that.
    I think Ill join you in a :o
    +1
    but I won't change.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

says the woman who is just back from disney land....you are loaded dont deny it! :p

Not a shilling on me!!! A certain someone fleeced me for every penney :)

Advertisement