Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Not a shilling on me!!! A certain someone fleeced me for every penney :)
    I never even met you in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Brood brood brood.

In fairness tis my own fault for assuming someone's a better person than they are. :o

Story of my life. I'm awful for giving people "second" (always turns into 3rd, 4th and 5th) chances though.

I am broke. Ridiculously broke. And have to go to a 21st this weekend that I really don't want to go to. I need a job, and money. *sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Lady Athame

That post wasn't referring to you cyberwolf, it was a joke bout my boyfriend LSB! :) I have never met you either so it would be a bit disturbing if it was bout you! Not really sure how you thought it was bout you... Sorry bout the mix up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

/ Random Tired Rant Warning /

Got up for work at 06:30, spend ALL day installing hardware and rewiring system, only home now and have to be up for work at 06:00 tomorrow.

My phone is "somewhere" in a Server room probably either under a Networking cabin or between two Nodes. And it the only alarm clock I have :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

That post wasn't referring to you cyberwolf, it was a joke bout my boyfriend LSB! :) I have never met you either so it would be a bit disturbing if it was bout you! Not really sure how you thought it was bout you... Sorry bout the mix up
    I was just making a bad joke. people tend to blame me for things I've never possibly done.

• Advertisement

/* RANT WARNING */

I’m now really p!ssed off at work....
    I broke my back working the last two weeks, staying back till ~01:00 some night after a 08:00 start.

I even give up a Thurs & Friday {two weeks ago} working till 23:00 unpatching switches, Server and Clients to help make the migration go easier.

My official shift is 08:30 to 17:00, but I never get out before 17:30 {but more close to 18:00} and my busses in the morning are a nightmare, so my boss “said” me was ok with me coming in at 09:00 and leaving at 17:30.

I was at a Gig on Thursday night and ask my boss if it would be ok coming in a bit later and he said fine, and Monday I started at 08:41. Now this morning I was completely reached tired and just come not get myself sorry a$$ out of bed till late, meaning I’d be later. So I texted him said I’ll be in at 09:30 this all should be good since all the ~16hr shift I did last week.

But I got a text back saying that this is now four days in row I’m later and I need to sort it out ?!?!?!?!?!?

WTF, one of those days I starts at 07:30 and did not get out till 00:30 {and did not get home to ~02:00} and then was back in work for 08:30 the next day !?!?!?!?!?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

If he's giving you grief about being late, start coming in a 8.30 and leaving at exactly 17.00. Leave your work. When he starts complaining, mention that being inflexible in the mornings means that you can't be flexible for your finishing time. If he has a problem with that, ask him where he was at 1am when you were rebuilding the servers.

That's the plan from now on, and he can think again if I'm going to answer and question or do any work during my lunch break....

If I'm forced to get the early bus everyday there is no way I'm not getting home it ~19:00.
    feylya wrote: »
    If he's giving you grief about being late, start coming in a 8.30 and leaving at exactly 17.00. Leave your work. When he starts complaining, mention that being inflexible in the mornings means that you can't be flexible for your finishing time. If he has a problem with that, ask him where he was at 1am when you were rebuilding the servers.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's a certain amount of leeway expected from people working in IT. The same leeway should be allowed by management. If I'm busting my ass late one evening, damn sure I'll be in late the next day!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yup, been there and done that too BOFH and have had to have very serious words with the powers that be at times about that sorta nonsense. All it took was one week of me "working to rule" and was asked to come in at the weekend cause stuff was mounting. I laughed cause I knew they were getting stress from their boss about it and we made some arrangements.

It's not like any of us in such positions have ever been trying to pull a fast one - that sorta manual labour takes time and someone who knows what they're doing. One day I had asked for a database to be reloaded, DBA said it'd take too long so it wasn't done. I spent hours trying to hack it into submission so I could do what I needed and didn't get outta the office till 3am and the job still wasn't done. The DBA's arse was well and truly kicked and I was given the afternoon off whilst it was reloaded. Sometimes the system works :)

• Advertisement

WTF...,
    Zero sleep but still somehow managed to nearly miss me bus..,

And to add insult while I was running around like a headless chicken looking for my keys, my flatmate was sitting around waiting on the coffee maker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Extreme Rant Warning....

I'm so ****ing sick of people saying students should pay fees, they think we are all rich little wasters who just sit around pulling money out of our arses and blowing it on coffees and alcohol...
    I hadn't ate more than half a meal a day lasty week becase i had to pay 1500 registration....
    **** OFF HONESTLY!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Spot on Digigal!

My delightful lecturer treated us to a spot exam today on the stuff she covered last week. I've been so busy with other modules and essays that I didn't get a chance to look over the notes for her class. I bombed, it's not worth any marks, but I'm sure I'll be getting an e-mail to tell me to pull my socks up. :rolleyes: I wouldn't mind but I'm one of the best in the class, finishing my tutorial work with about 20 mins to go. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

I think I might take up residence in here for the foreseeable future.

Hmph.

Why is writing a simple txt message so fecking hard.....

I hate been sleep deprived.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Damn college folk :(

Wish things weren't confusing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Was doing a problem set until 11.30 just so that I don't have to pull an all-nighter tomorrow after Opeth to submit on time on Wednesday. Blargle.

shellyboo wrote: »
    I think I might take up residence in here for the foreseeable future.

Hmph.
    Why, and should we have your mail forwarded?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I can symphatise with all the college ranting here. I spent the whole summer wniting to go back to college, I couldn't wait to get back. Three weeks later, I'm just waiting for Christmas so the term will end. :(

I love UCC but I seem to have lost interest in my course. It's also gotten really difficult and I'm just about getting by. I was always one of the best in my class throughout primary and secondary school, so it sucks seeing people in my year now so much smarter than I am coasting through the year. :(

It's also gotten really difficult and I'm just about getting by. I was always one of the best in my class throughout primary and secondary school, so it sucks seeing people in my year now so much smarter than I am coasting through the year. :(

Don't let it get you down, I used to be the same but then when I began my masters I made a promise to myself that I would keep on top of things. Sure, there are still times when I look out of my depth in front of other students but my grades say otherwise. I know this sounds prickish but really you do have it within yourself to improve, just start thinking about you instead of how smarter others are.

• Advertisement

I can symphatise with all the college ranting here. I spent the whole summer wniting to go back to college, I couldn't wait to get back. Three weeks later, I'm just waiting for Christmas so the term will end. :(

I love UCC but I seem to have lost interest in my course. It's also gotten really difficult and I'm just about getting by. I was always one of the best in my class throughout primary and secondary school, so it sucks seeing people in my year now so much smarter than I am coasting through the year. :(

Listen to lazy, it isn't smarts that is making the difference. It is work ethic. Something you didn't have to work on in School because things came so easy.
    You have loads of time left in the semster. Put some time into learning to study effectively, and put the work in.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Listen to lazy, it isn't smarts that is making the difference. It is work ethic. Something you didn't have to work on in School because things came so easy.
    You have loads of time left in the semster. Put some time into learning to study effectively, and put the work in.

:eek:

:mad:

:p

Sitting in the darkest corned of a metal pub by myself...
    Got to love my socil life :\

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    I spent my first night off work in two weeks, drinking in my recliner and watching tv. Really want to compare social lives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Sitting at home on the net on college party night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

DigiGal wrote: »

Aw, how come?

I'm not too broody tonight actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭Tirabaralla

I spent my first night off work in two weeks, drinking in my recliner and watching tv. Really want to compare social lives?
    DigiGal wrote: »

Hugs+kisses+candies+bunnies, guys.

(Plus...BOFH...bring me to the metal pub! lol)

People are so bloody unreliable. Argh. Is a call or a text the odd time so fcuking hard. ><

People are so bloody unreliable. Argh. Is a call or a text the odd time so fcuking hard. ><
    For some people, yes.

• Advertisement

Ah it does my head in. Takes less than 30 seconds to send a text. Especially irritating when trying to organise stuff.

Advertisement