Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Bah, so get this. A film I worked on premiered at the Jameson Film Festival yesterday. Good stuff right? Pity nobody told me the film had been completed let alone that there was a screening! :mad: I only heard about it after reading a review about it today.
    So there we have it. The first time one of my (as crew) films makes the silver screen and the higher ups don't even bother to tell me about it. I'm so mad right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Galvasean wrote: »
    Bah, so get this. A film I worked on premiered at the Jameson Film Festival yesterday. Good stuff right? Pity nobody told me the film had been completed let alone that there was a screening! :mad: I only heard about it after reading a review about it today.
    So there we have it. The first time one of my (as crew) films makes the silver screen and the higher ups don't even bother to tell me about it. I'm so mad right now.

I'd be furious about that. I've had something similar happen where songs I've been partially responsible for have appeared on tv shows etc... little rage inside that wishes you were told, if not asked for permission!

That's really irritating though... you'd expect them to at least give you a heads up, if not some sort of invite to the screening or an after party.
    Rage on!

Whats worst is that I will have to check out the movie to see if I'm in the credits at all. I have the horrible dreading feeling that I've been scrubbed out. I tell ya, it's one thing to work free of charge, but to not get acknowledged for it?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Whats worst is that I will have to check out the movie to see if I'm in the credits at all. I have the horrible dreading feeling that I've been scrubbed out. I tell ya, it's one thing to work free of charge, but to not get acknowledged for it?

Bah! They should thank you extra hard if you worked for free. It's hard to put it on your CV with pride if you're not even in the credits.

I worked on Paddy's Day for free. I'm damn well putting it on my CV! If anyone asks why I dont appear to be in the credits I'll just set the rant on them! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I cut my arms doing something that shall remain a secret because it's not manly, now my arms look like they belong to a fecking junkie. :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

skinning potatoes? :P

SmileyPaul wrote: »
    skinning potatoes? :P

I suppose that's one way of looking at it. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    I cut my arms doing something that shall remain a secret because it's not manly, now my arms look like they belong to a fecking junkie. :rolleyes: :(
    Bad enough for lasting scars?

• Advertisement

LZ..... self harm is NOT cool a'ight? :P

Deki wrote: »
    Bad enough for lasting scars?

Nah, but I've got all these weird brown freckles on my arms that I've never noticed before. :mad: :pac:
    SmileyPaul wrote: »

I may kick or punch the odd wall, but I draw the line at self harm. :p

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

why are some people unable to let themselves enjoy life?

they get a pretty good situation going for themselves, seem to realise that they might be happy and have to do something that basically removes any chance of enjoying it.

If you can read this, you're too close!

I hear you koth, people tend to hit the self destruct button when there's no need.

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

I hear you koth, people tend to hit the self destruct button when there's no need.

yeah, it's frustrating at times, especially when you know that could make a good life for themselves.

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,290 ✭✭✭trowelled

yep far too many people focus on the negatives in their lives rather than focusing on the positives. They just can't seem to embrace those happy times. Tis a sad reality and can definitely be very frustrating to watch someone do it.

Have to admit I was falling into a pattern of it for a while there (not totally surprising, considering everything that happened). It was beginnig to bug the crap out of me so god knows what it was like for those who had to listen to me. I had to pull myself out of it. Now I'm just happy out and just enjoying life for what it is. Yes a bad thing happened, yes I have an annoying illness but why should they be what define me? Anyway enough about me.

So yeah enjoy life basically.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

I have a congenital heart condition that should have been a death sentence for me. They corrected it and now I enjoy being a miserable fcuker.

What kills me is when people aspire to being miserable. Fair enough some people like the darker side of life and some people have a dark sense of humour etc, but why oh why do people seek it out because it's fashionable. Really I just frickin' hate emos! :p

Today is my birthday and I've realised it's the one day in the year when I actually allow myself to be down. I hate being the centre of attention just for being born. Tomorrow I'll be back to my jolly self, but today I'm totally going to act like a mopey bastard and sit in the dark with an acoustic guitar (in the dark you can't see how joyful the guitar is to behold :D )

Fewcifur wrote: »
    What kills me is when people aspire to being miserable. Fair enough some people like the darker side of life and some people have a dark sense of humour etc, but why oh why do people seek it out because it's fashionable. Really I just frickin' hate emos! :p

Today is my birthday and I've realised it's the one day in the year when I actually allow myself to be down. I hate being the centre of attention just for being born. Tomorrow I'll be back to my jolly self, but today I'm totally going to act like a mopey bastard and sit in the dark with an acoustic guitar (in the dark you can't see how joyful the guitar is to behold :D )

Happy birthday Fewcifur!

Anyways, yeah, life's a load of bollocks 'n' all........

:pac:

• Advertisement

Happy birthday Fewcifur!

Anyways, yeah, life's a load of bollocks 'n' all........

:pac:

HANG ON....

Um, I failed to realise God of War 3 came out today! It better be the best damn finale to one of the best games ever, otherwise I'll be back in here tomorrow cryin' like a bebeh!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Fewcifur wrote: »
    HANG ON....

Um, I failed to realise God of War 3 came out today! It better be the best damn finale to one of the best games ever, otherwise I'll be back in here tomorrow cryin' like a bebeh!

I hear rumours it might possibly be...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm bored off my trolley!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Alicat wrote: »

Come Lair chat avec DooM!

Come to Sonic Temple....
    Come Lair chat avec DooM!
    WoW New Metal / Goth Clubs..... \0/

Sonic Temple : New Weekly Alternative Club

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=64713300

Come to Sonic Temple....

Do I look like a Goth? :pac:

I am the furthest thing possible from a Goth :pac:

Same here, but the play Metal and Alt music as well...

I have been called a Rivet Head thou.....
    Do I look like a Goth? :pac:

I am the furthest thing possible from a Goth :pac:

Same here, but the play Metal and Alt music as well...

I have been called a Rivet Head thou.....

I'm more of a Swingin' Sixties, pink flower power kinda girl :p

Rockabilly ?

Rockabilly_Girl_I_by_AtixVector.jpg
    I'm more of a Swingin' Sixties, pink flower power kinda girl :p

• Advertisement

Rockabilly ?

Yeah I like a bit of that!

Advertisement