Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Brooding Corner

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Rhyme wrote: »
    /stabs in dark

You a CA student in DCU?

They do that course up there too I know.

Donegal for me.

Just looked over the past exam papers from 2008 for the semester2.

I'm going to my dark place now :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Plus tearful place :(:(:(:(

I know for a FACT I'm going to fail 3 out of the 4 exams.
    This is not some...ohhhh I'm going to fail but secretly I know I'll pass bull.

I'm going to fail those 3. I can't understand any of the questions asked. This is only first year for God sake.

I should just not bother my f**king arse coming back from NewYork this summer. :mad::mad:

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

*Dies a little inside*

I'm probably going to have to repeat the semester or year as I can't bring those fails through to Xmas with a whole load of new semester work to be done. :mad:+:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

What are the exams titled?

Java is a pretty methodical programming language, taking your time with it and laying out and keeping track of variables and method (and their functions) was what got me through first year in DCU.

System.out.println("fck this course");

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I know people who thought the same as you but when they actually did their exam alot more clicked then they thought.

It maybe also helpful to get involved in any local NetSoc or Hacker Spaces where you can bounce ideas and problems off other like minded people.
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    They do that course up there too I know.

Donegal for me.

Just looked over the past exam papers from 2008 for the semester2.

I'm going to my dark place now :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Plus tearful place :(:(:(:(

I know for a FACT I'm going to fail 3 out of the 4 exams.
    This is not some...ohhhh I'm going to fail but secretly I know I'll pass bull.

I'm going to fail those 3. I can't understand any of the questions asked. This is only first year for God sake.

I should just not bother my f**king arse coming back from NewYork this summer. :mad::mad:

ARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :(

*Dies a little inside*

I'm probably going to have to repeat the semester or year as I can't bring those fails through to Xmas with a whole load of new semester work to be done. :mad:+:(

Rhyme wrote: »
    What are the exams titled?

System.out.println("fck this course");

Computer Architecture-the lecturer is a lovely man and seriously intelligent but he talks like a feicing dictionary I haven't a clue what he says as he makes the simple things sound soooooo incredibly hard!

Maths-Cryptography I'm actually starting to understand what this one is on about but the way the questions are asked on the actual exam papers I haven't a clue what they are on about. If this CA on Monday is worded the same way as the exam papers I can kiss goodbye to that 30% -.-

Programming is my weakest subject.
    I'd love a degree under my belt but arrrgghhh I don't know :/
    Think I'm going to take a load of coursework with me to America and study over there because I'll have to if I've to repeat things in August :(
    It maybe also helpful to get involved in any local NetSoc or Hacker Spaces where you can bounce ideas and problems off other like minded people.

I'm going to be hopefully going over stuff with a classmate on Sunday and she is super smart and knows what she is doing.

This course is only in it's second year in this IT so I've only last years exam papers to work off(for first year like).

Going to be staying late tonight again and will try and concentrate on the Maths and Programming. Think I'll be ok in the DOS exam.

I just has a sad after looking at the papers :(

Have you had a look at the free lecturer that MIT made available, there should be some cross over and hearing a slightly different way may make it all click together for you ?
    Computer Architecture-the lecturer is a lovely man and seriously intelligent but he talks like a feicing dictionary I haven't a clue what he says as he makes the simple things sound soooooo incredibly hard!

I love the idea of Crypto but have never gotten my head around alot of the maths in it. Have a look at SecurityTube and Videos from pass Security Con {will send you a list} and they should have some good talk / videos going from basics all the way up to very advanced stuff {at only 2% of people understand :pac: }.

Maths-Cryptography I'm actually starting to understand what this one is on about but the way the questions are asked on the actual exam papers I haven't a clue what they are on about. If this CA on Monday is worded the same way as the exam papers I can kiss goodbye to that 30% -.-

On the programming side, I have not done more then Batch {and Basic & Logo WAY back in the day}, but have a look here for help/ideas:

Sub-Reddit for Learning Programming

Google's Python Class {I'm hoping to start learning Python next month}.

Programming is my weakest subject.
    I'd love a degree under my belt but arrrgghhh I don't know :/
    Think I'm going to take a load of coursework with me to America and study over there because I'll have to if I've to repeat things in August :(

I'm going to be hopefully going over stuff with a classmate on Sunday and she is super smart and knows what she is doing.

This course is only in it's second year in this IT so I've only last years exam papers to work off(for first year like).

Going to be staying late tonight again and will try and concentrate on the Maths and Programming. Think I'll be ok in the DOS exam.

I just has a sad after looking at the papers :(

Best of luck, and remember you always have here and Noc Nerds when your feeling sad :]

• Advertisement

Best of luck, and remember you always have here and Noc Nerds when your feeling sad :]

Thank youuuuuu for all that :)

*Cuddles*

I'm going to check out all of those links, cheers again for the help :D

Me + Body Language = Fail

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Me + Body Language = Fail

Had that at the weekend also. Then someone informed of the body language I was missing.

And thus I over thought everything :mad:

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Hah yeah, I think I'm blind to body language. Epic fail.

Forget body language.

It's all about the correct amount of eye contact!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Forget body language.

I thought that would have been out of politeness. :pac:

I was including eye contact in with body language.

But my problem there is I tend to me in my own head way to much but from a outsiders pov Im starting at them or somebody else, when Im really just looking into dead space....
    Forget body language.

I was including eye contact in with body language.

But my problem there is I tend to me in my own head way to much but from a outsiders pov Im starting at them or somebody else, when Im really just looking into dead space....

Ahhh yeah I see what you mean!

Break out of that habit every now and again :p

Confidence is the key. Not being up your own arse now, I mean being happy with where you are on the night and looking happy as a result!
    Simple smiling is very attractive. When someone looks happy they are more approachable I find.

Cryptography exam over and done with!!

Thankfully he didn't word them like the last years May paper. Messed up few bits but think I did ok :eek:

Just going to get onto him to make sure he words them like that in the upcoming proper semester exams!!

*SLIGHT RELIEF*

:)

Great News ToniTuddle, I told you your do great :pac:

Thankfully he didn't word them like the last years May paper. Messed up few bits but think I did ok :eek:

Just going to get onto him to make sure he words them like that in the upcoming proper semester exams!!

*SLIGHT RELIEF*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44,501 ✭✭✭✭Deki

*SLIGHT RELIEF*

yay!!! Good job Toni Tuddle ! :D;):p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

*SLIGHT RELIEF*

Go Tuddle, keep studying . :cool:

Great News ToniTuddle, I told you your do great :pac:
    Deki wrote: »
    yay!!! Good job Toni Tuddle ! :D;):p
    Go Tuddle, keep studying . :cool:

Cheers guys and girl! :p

We went through the exam today and it seems some of the things I thought I got right were in fact wrong. But hopefully I scrapped through a pass. will find out the exact result next week. But I aint completely freaked out like I was last week.

Got another exam in 20 mins with the robot class so hopefully it will go alright. Programming tomorrow (got 36% last test and he was like "I expect you to do better in the next one :eek:+:() so I shall be studying tonight!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

Have faith in yourself Tuddle. That and study until you think your brain is oozing out your ears.

Grumble.....I'm never sick. The worst thing I get is a fecking cold. Now however I am sick and has to go to the doctor tommorrow. :mad: :(

• Advertisement

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    Grumble.....I'm never sick. The worst thing I get is a fecking cold. Now however I am sick and has to go to the doctor tommorrow. :mad: :(

Be brave. (pats head- gives hug) It'll be all right.:) You'll be better soon.

Deki wrote: »
    Be brave. (pats head- gives hug) It'll be all right.:) You'll be better soon.

Thanks Deki. :)

Have to take tablets and I can't drink alcohol while on them. Ah well, I suppose it could be worse. :pac:

Have to take tablets and I can't drink alcohol while on them. Ah well, I suppose it could be worse.

Yeah you could be stuck in an elevator with a hot person and then do a great big fart.

:pac:

Yeah you could be stuck in an elevator with a hot person and then do a great big fart.

:pac:

Who did this now? :p

Who did this now? :p

Oh...My...GOD

Girls do not fart*

*loudly

Thanks Deki. :)

Have to take tablets and I can't drink alcohol while on them. Ah well, I suppose it could be worse. :pac:
    :rolleyes:not drinking is tough, but at least taking tablets is easy. Be better soon:)

koth wrote: »
    Had that at the weekend also. Then someone informed of the body language I was missing.

And thus I over thought everything :mad:

Follow on from above.

was kicking myself for not asking for her number. couple of days later made contact with her and asked to see her this weekend.

she agrees to meet and have a bit of a chat. get the vibe things are good.
    Text over the weekend. Think all is great.

Just got a 'we're just going to be friends' text.

I just can't seem to catch a break.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

You're trying man, that's a lot more than most of us do. He who dares will win eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

koth wrote: »
    Follow on from above.

was kicking myself for not asking for her number. couple of days later made contact with her and asked to see her this weekend.

she agrees to meet and have a bit of a chat. get the vibe things are good.
    Text over the weekend. Think all is great.

Just got a 'we're just going to be friends' text.

I just can't seem to catch a break.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Chin up Mister :)

*huggles*

• Advertisement

You're trying man, that's a lot more than most of us do. He who dares will win eventually.
    Alicat wrote: »
    Chin up Mister :)

*huggles*

Thanks folks.

I am glad I asked. It just pisses me off that what seemed to me, and everyone else that was there, was that we got on great.

Seems to be the kiss of death when it comes to women and me.:(

Advertisement